The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Discord vs. the CMC!

CMC uses Puppy dog eyes!

It has no effect.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here we go!

SPOILER POST!

Starts with Rainbow Dash trying to beat Pinkie Pie in line for Cider Season, but she fails due to Pinkie camping out.  Not to mention Pinkie told a few dozen others of the idea.

Well, good luck getting some, RD! :)

Edits to come!

EDIT 1: They run out before RD can get any.  Big squabble later, the FlimFlam Brothers show up with a machine that can make cider MUCH faster than the Apple Family can make it.

The FlimFlam Brothers sing one of the longest advertising songs ever.

From here, it's the Apple Family vs. the FlimFlam Brothers.  With Sweet Apple Acres at stake.

EDIT 2: The Challenge, make the most cider in one hour.  Winner gets the rights to making cider for Ponyville.

The FlimFlam Brothers' machine can make 6 barrels of cider in the same amount of time the Apple Family can make one.  Things are not going well.

EDIT 3: BEST CONTEST EVER!

First, the FlimFlam Brothers are winning.  Then the Apple Family calls in extra help and then they start catching up.  Then, the FlimFlam Brothers remove quality control to catch up.

In the end, the FlimFlam Brothers win due to the amount they made, but no pony wants it because it's filled with crap.  So, in the end, the Apple Family's quality controlled cider wins.

Oh, and keep an eye out near the end for Bonbon's voice.

On to the review!!

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Damn I missed the new episode I will catch it this afternoon on you tube.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
I got there first, mate!

Another pretty awesome episode! Looks like it was less of an Applejack episode and more of an Apple Family in general, episode. And I like that, the Apple Family are a great group of characters.
So, the antagonists in this case are the Flim Flam brothers, who are pretty much a parody of every snake-oil salesman ever. Their voices and mannerisms are spot on, and their accompanying song was probably the longest song in the series so far, and definitely a good one!
It's also good to finally see Big Mac getting a line other than eyyup or nnnope, even if t was just "No deal!".
It was heartwarming to see all the mane six working together to try to save the farm, bringing to mind so many classic underdog stories of familes and friends banding together to save part of the community.
As always, animation was great, voices were great (even more background characters get new voices, including BonBon! Seriously, how many voices does that girl have?!), and the moral was nice, though it was an interesting twist that Applejack didn't learn it, as much as she already knew it and simpy relayed it to Celestia.

All in all, a solid episode with a kickass song.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
REVIEW POST

Okay, my thoughts?  It was actually quite enjoyable and entertaining.  To be honest, there's not much to say about this episode.  It's just an episode of "machine vs. hard work" plot.  There's not much else to it.

It's the old lesson of, "Sure, you can make a machine to make more than hard work can, but if it's not good quality, nobody wants your crap!"

It's just one of those episodes that show how much hard work can pay off in the end.

Nothing else to say, really.

Now, to await the YouTube link. :)

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jan 28 2012 on  03:46 PM
One link, hold the onions!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Allicloud,Jan 28 2012 on  10:03 AM
*points one post above you*

I beat you, Allicloud.  I will admit, you're good, but I'm better! :D

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jan 28 2012 on  04:13 PM
Quote from: Allicloud,Jan 28 2012 on  10:03 AM
*points one post above you*

I beat you, Allicloud.  I will admit, you're good, but I'm better! :D
D'oh! Well played, sah.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Does it realy matter who posted a link before who?  Guess I'm not a competitive person since that never makes any sense to me, and I never like competitive stuff. though I know everyone else does.  Like everyone but me preferes cold weather while I prefer it warm.  & everyone but me prefers to play loud music as often as possible.

I look forward to seeing the episode.  Thanks for the links.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Saw the episode and I was pleased with what I saw. I loved that running gag of Rainbow Dash not getting any cider. And good lord, what a long (but admittedly catchy) song.

And I also have to say, Applejack may have delivered the best friendship report yet. Basically she said, "Celestia I just wanted to say... I DIDN'T LEARN ANYTHING TODAY! I ALREADY KNEW THAT I COULD COUNT ON MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO SUPPORT ME! IN YOUR FACE!" What a pro, trolling Celestia.

PS: So, Doctor Whooves job in Ponyville aside from traveling across the universe is to work with a giant hourglass? Whatever, I just love his tie. XD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Interesting that they didn't limit folks to purchasing only 1 mug each.   When there's not enough for everyone to get one.  

I've read online where some say there are a number of dr whooves around, and they've numbered them.  Like the 3rd, 5th, ect.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Check it out!  The new upcoming Sparkle Laptop by HP!

I think I'll wait for a Rainbow Dash model. :)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jan 28 2012 on  06:00 PM
Check it out!  The new upcoming Sparkle Laptop by HP!

I think I'll wait for a Rainbow Dash model. :)
I'll wait for the Fluttershy model.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I thought they may.  But someone could make their laptops like that if they wanted I'm sure.