The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Bizarre fears you have

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Justin1993,Sep 3 2011 on  09:54 AM
I have a fear of flesh eating bacteria. Are there any that aggressively attack living cells?
I'm sure there are. I can't think of any at the moment, though.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nintendoofah64,Sep 2 2011 on  08:18 PM
Chef boyardee cans

Every time I open them, I always manage to get cut by the lid.
I fear all cans. I fear that someone will throw me in a bathtub full of can lids. I just made myself shudder.   :unsure:

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Although I am very spiritual, I have a fear of being in houses in which someone had been murdered in :crazy.  Mostly due to the overwhelming paranormal presences I feel if and when I'm in those places.  However, if I'm in a house where someone died of natural causes, the paranormal presence isn't as strong or scary in any manner.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have a fear of going in circles. Well not strictly circles, but a repeated pattern, like around the same block multiple times. It's bad enough that I will try to get out of a car I know is going to go in circles, and if I can't, I panic.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I used to have a fear of any ride where you end up upside down in the process.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I don't mind big spiders or small spiders, but I find medium ones disgusting.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I hate being upside down, especially outside. It feels like I'm going to fall down, even though gravity tells me otherwise. This fear is also what influences my fear of high ceilings.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm also terrified of deadly firearms, even though I've never used one :blink:.  Non-deadly ones like paintball and BB guns I'm fine with, but not ones that can kill.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Insects.  You know the ones.  Grasshoppers, Praying Mantis, Stick Insects, Moths, to name some anyway.  Bees shall also be counted....only cause I'm afraid to get stung by them.  The other ones....cause they're just damn well creepy *shudders*

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have a fear of running in slow motion. I know it will never happen, but still.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
It's official now: The Slenderman.

I know he's just an internet myth and all, but that doesn't make him any less terrifying to me. I used to just find him intriguing with some sort of creepy fascination. But now I'm genuinely scared of him.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not scared of insects.

Slugs, spiders and frogs gives me the creeps, but not snakes.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I hate heights, which is really bizarre because I love roller coasters. I guess the expression of combating your fears by doing it applies here.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Although I love both cats and dogs, I tend to be more apprehensive around cats, mostly when it comes to picking them up. To be specific, I am afraid of picking up cats. I keep thinking that they'll yowl and claw at my face and arms if I try to. While there are exceptions, like Felix and Pretty Face, for the most part, I'm scared to pick up a cat. I am afraid to even pick up Sinatra, and he's the family pet and he doesn't even bite when you pick him up.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm really scared of rocking chairs. Or any type of chair you lean down in. I think they're going to fall down and I'm going to die. I start screaming about an inch into leaning back. They just really scare me. -_-

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I get really freaked out by parasites, like tapeworms, ascaris, roundworms, etc.  I hate the thought of getting those, and I've gotten into the habit of detoxing my system twice a year to get rid of any possible parasites, among other reasons like keeping my liver and kidneys healthy :p.

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Okay, I used to have a fear of staying in a car for more than 2 hours, especially is there's a traffic jam, even if I'm in no hurry to get there.

Now, I have a fear of riding an escalator, but I can climb stairs just fine (except for the one where I nearly fell down) which makes it even weirder, because I've tried falling down the stairs, but never on an escalator.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Mar 13 2012 on  09:13 PM
I get really freaked out by parasites, like tapeworms, ascaris, roundworms, etc.  I hate the thought of getting those, and I've gotten into the habit of detoxing my system twice a year to get rid of any possible parasites, among other reasons like keeping my liver and kidneys healthy :p.
I, too, get freaked out at the thought of parasites invading my body. Speaking of, a puppy we rescued had some and he did his business outside. When we brought him in, I guess he had passed one and it was still on his rear. Anyways, we found a roundworm on his bed. It was disgusting and very disturbing to see. We immediately had him de-wormed. :x

I have an irrational fear of losing teeth. This is fueled by nightmares about such an event. I remember having a dream where my teeth started falling out. I woke up and ran to the bathroom to see if I still had them.  :lol: I don't know where the fear originated, but it's a strong fear that haunts me through my dreams.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Space. More specifically, drifting through the emptiness of it.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have a rather extreme fear of respiratory ailments.  This is probably a direct result of my prior experience with respiratory infections when I was a young child.  Until I had my adenoid (pharyngeal tonsil) surgically removed when I was 10 years old, I had recurring respiratory, sinus, and ear infections throughout my childhood.  In fact, I was sick (at least mildly) almost as often as I was healthy during that time.  When you add to the mix that my respiratory capacity is greatly reduced due to my premature birth and that I had sever complications due to some of those illnesses...  Yeah...  Lets just say that whenever I get the common cold that I am confronted with rather unpleasant memories that I would rather forget.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.