The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT roleplay in the style of the original movie?

Ducky123 · 399 · 57076

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
I see Aquarius as being around perhaps a small bit taller then Ducky, I'd say that her max height would reach the top of his head but not his crest. In comparison to Cera I'd see Rinin as being around the height of her thigh and Rinin if his is that much larger then Cera, Aqaurius could probably stand under him at full height with ease. In contrast to Rinen, Aquarius is physically strong for his age and the fight they had in the cave I believe could easily happen, just a matter of fighting the pain more then anything else in that situation.

On another note I think the RP is going quite well so far but I'm wondering how we are going to get them all together. I'd say that Aquarius and Rinen meet up with Buko and Wyoh and take a brief respite before being chased by slash and either getting separated or escaping and starting to head in the direction of the dead forest where Lizzie and Samara are located. A time skip is probably the best option from then which would allow Fynn to make his first post and set his character on the way that should hopefully get all our characters together.  

But that's just what I think might be a good idea for the future of the RP.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I am setting up an encounter shortly after Buko/Wyoh and Rinen/Aquarius meet up, I think they could all escape and head towards the direction of Lizzie and Samara.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok, here's new question (beside still active question about sizes of characters, for those who didn't answer yet):

Can you please remind me:
1) How long approximaly is the way between Rinen/Aquaris/Wyoh/Buko/Slash and oasis, our first big "checkpoint"?
2) What do you think, how long is the way to the place where our roleplay story ends? ;)

Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:20:52 AM by Sneak »

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry for not replying sooner. I'm a bit lazy visiting the forum again :P

1.) I imagine Lizzie to be about the size Littlefoot has in most of the movies. Although one must keep in mind that even that changed constantly :P

I think some rough heights/lengths might be useful information indeed. Assuming that Littlefoot was a bit undersized in comparison to adult longnecks for his age, I would put Lizzie at a height of maybe... 120-150 cm and a length of roughly 300 cm? Something like that? :P

2.) I think that is something we might want to have a discussion on. My personal idea was that it's still some distance to cover (so at least 1-2 weeks of travel by foot) but I am open to ideas :wave

Sadly, I cannot really advance my part of the plot since i depend on jorrdy12 there who can't use his computer for a while :P
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1-2 weeks of travel on foot before reaching final destination in our story? Hm...

Btw, I see Shade's size as lower than Pterano's, since he's still not fully adult, but not so-so-so much lower. :D Just... visibly lower.
But Aquarius and Samara should be careful though.  :OhYou Since I doubt he would use his sharp beak on more big characters. Let Slash do it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 02:10:16 PM by Sneak »

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: Sneak on Feb 7 2018, 01:03:54 PM
1-2 weeks of travel on foot before reaching final destination in our story? Hm...

Btw, I see Shade's size as lower than Pterano's, since he's still not fully adult, but not so-so-so much lower. :D Just... visibly lower.
But Aquarius and Samara should be careful though.  :OhYou Since I doubt he would use his sharp beak on more big characters. Let Slash do it.
We haven’t even met up yet, but I was planning on attacking Aquarius/Rinen and Buko/Wyoh after they meet each other, get hurt because of them and lose them during a chase, and come across Shade later on and try to join him for revenge on the kids.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:01:57 PM by Hypno »
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
One or two weeks seems like a bit short trip, imo. I had thought about a bit longer journey (maybe a month or so?) but we'll see how much interesting stuff we'll be able to come up with until then. By the way, I might have exaggerated Rinen's size a bit but I still see him being noticeably bigger than Cera. Also, Hypno's idea seems like a good way to advance the sharptooth storyline. :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
1-2 weeks to reach the oasis is what I meant lol :D

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok. :D

Now I wonder when should I join(?) Slash, since there will be about months of travel. What would we do all this time? Definitely not only chasing the same group of children for such long period of time! :D Especially since Shade can detect them from the skies very fast.

Edit: Also... I look at the map now, and now I wonder about three things:
1) How exactly did Aquarius pass large crack in the earth?
2) Will this crack figure in adventures of Orsur, Slash, Aquarius, Rinen, Wyoh and Buko? If not... what about extending it a bit, so it would separate Barren Lands Gang and Oasis destination? :D
3)The same question about flooded area. I hoped to see how characters walk through such area, at least for short period of time.

I think distance between oasis and barren lands is not so long, just, big cracks, flooded areas, and hiding from sharpteeth would take a lot of travel's time. What do you think?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 09:45:13 AM by Sneak »

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
1) How exactly did Aquarius pass large crack in the earth?
People didn't take every detail of the map literal. Well, it was only a rough map to get a basic idea I suppose and the rest is up to imagination. :)

2) Will this crack figure in adventures of Orsur, Slash, Aquarius, Rinen, Wyoh and Buko? If not... what about extending it a bit, so it would separate Barren Lands Gang and Oasis destination? :D
I would be in favor of that. Nothing wrong with a good climb deep down into the abyss of a deep crack :lol

3)The same question about flooded area. I hoped to see how characters walk through such area, at least for short period of time.
Yeah, I did not think about the after effect of the wave. This might even bring temporary life and food to the flooded areas and I think we could include these details here and there :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, it looks like Samara and Lizzie finally get going. :D

I haven't really followed what anybody else is doing recently but I'm just asking for a short opinion on our next steps. I don't wanna skip right to the oasis scene, especially since there's quite some character development the two poor souls could go through as the journey forges them together a little bit... or not, depends on jorrdy :P

But I'm not sure how much time we should dedicate to this journey. Like, a few obstacles to pass (or at least one) surely wouldn't hurt. Maybe the earthshake could have caused another rift further east or Hypno and Snik pay us a visit :P

XxRainTheSwimmerxX

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Is it too late to join in on the party?! I was just wondering, because the 1st film has always been my favorite and I'm sorta new here. So I'm not sure if it's too late to join or not haha

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Heya Rain,

Happy to see that you're interested. :) I'm not sure if you've read about the events so far but we're pretty much still kinda early in. Do you have any character in mind that you'd like to play? We already have a swimmer so I'm unsure if you can play your favourite species. It is probably best to share your ideas here so we can figure out how to include you, yep yep yep! :)

This RP will be a long-time investment though, considering our current speed (ahem :lol ). Just so you know :)

XxRainTheSwimmerxX

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I would love to be a swimmer like Ducky is. To be honest I don't think it's fair if you don't allow someone to be what they want to be; just because someone else already has a character of the same species. But I can understand if you're going by the original theme of Littlefoot's gang, and how there's only one type of each dinosaur from different herds. I wanted to create an albino swimmer named Misty. I'm not sure what her Backstory would be at the moment. Either she was left behind by her herd because she is albino and being albino would make it hard to survive especially in times like this. Or she was separated from them by the big earthshake or from her family by sharpteeth. However if I must I can compromise!

I will gladly decide to be a different species of dinosaur. I'd happily be an Oviraptor like Ruby. Or maybe a Edaphosaurus. Think of Shyler from Dink The Little Dinosaur on basically how my character would work. Or perhaps maybe my character could be a different type of swimmer. Like a Diplocaulus once again look to Dink the Little Dinosaur and search up Dippo. That should give you an idea of what my character would look like. I'm willing to compromise and settle on being the other dinosaurs I mentioned!

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
But I can understand if you're going by the original theme of Littlefoot's gang, and how there's only one type of each dinosaur from different herds.

Well,we have more then one Oviraptor in the RP though there is a slight difference with the species Buko being a Fast Runner and Wyoh being a Tall Crest Fast Runner. I'm still okay with having more then one Swimmer in the group, I personally think it would make a good addition. I would also suggest if you want to get an idea of backstory and what our characters are like then look at the first page of this topic which has all our character bios (and btw I kind of already took an albino Swimmer) this should also help inspire a backstory for you character. A read through of the RP so far would also do you good since it gives in depth character background and a knowledge on the plot though you can also find those on the first page but the details are in the RP. Anyway I think you should stick with Misty, who I think would make a good addition to the RP.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't mind to see more swimmers, if they are a bit different species between each other. :D

Albino? Aquarius is albino too, right? (well, he is almost pure white at least. While mine character is about melanism. Maybe...)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:25:36 AM by Sneak »

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was hesitant about it but it seems others are okay with you playing a swimmer so it's okay with me as well. An albino being left behind because they stand out too much would be a great backstory, no doubt!

Just to be fair, I'll give the other players some time to voice their thoughts, however I think it's safe to say that you can join us soon :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Sounds good to me! The more the merrier. I'm glad a new member is showing interest in the RP :smile

XxRainTheSwimmerxX

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Heheh I am glad that you all are so open to my ideas and accepting towards me. Anyway I thought it over and I would love to have Misty be a. Albino swimmer and this forced her parents to break off from their herd. Because her parents didn't want to leave her behind because even though her being an albino is a huge risk, they loved her anyways. I also think it would be cool to have her be the runt of the hatchlings! Just to add more depth to her character. She's an albino and a runt which really decreases her chances of surviving and doubles onto her hardship. That being said she'd be probably be a little smaller than Ducky was. Since her being a runt and all would make her be small for age. I also think that maybe her family was attacked by fast biters and they all scattered and then the big earthshake happened. So Misty has no idea what happened to her family and she doesn't know if they're alive or dead. But she hopes they are in the Great Valley.

I also have ideas for the other two dinosaurs I mentioned the Edaphosaurus and the Diplocaulus.

The Edaphosaurus would be minty green, with a pale yellow frill on its back. And they'd have rare blue eyes. Their name would probably be Fern or Leafie. Stolen away by an egg stealer they hatched alone and without their family atound. Their egg having been saved by a herd of long necks. Fern/Leafie was adopted by two long necks who lost their only hatchling to fastbiters. Despite not being a long neck, Fern/Leafie joined the small herd. However since Fern/Leafie was not a long neck she faced prejudice from the rest of the herd. Often being picked on by older long neck children. One day the older long neck children tricked Fern/Leafie making her think they wanted to apologize. Instead they led her away from the herd and pushed her down a hole which led her into a cave in fast biter territory. The long necks left her there and lied to the herd telling them that Fern/Leafie was dead and that fast biters caught her. Fern/Leafie survived and found her way out of the cave with only a bite to her tail which left a bite scar. After getting out of the cave she became lost and is now wandering around looking for someone who knows the way to the Great Valley so she can find her adoptive long neck parents. She is slightly weary of long necks she doesn't know due to her past experiences. But she doesn't judge them before she gets to know them.

And finally my idea for the Diplocaulus. The Diplocaulus would have been separated from their family due to the Wave. As previously mentioned in the rp by the rper of Aquarius. My Diplocaulus would be a pale blue color with white speckles all over their face kinda like freckles and have a white under belly. Their eyes would be a pretty  stormy gray. Her name would be Dewdrop or Storm or something like that. Her battle for survival would be a difficult one. Considering she needs to find water to soak in to survive or she'll become ill otherwise. That and she eats fish and fish would be scarce to come by in times like these. So she'd have a slim chance of surviving on her own. But maybe she could have a better chance in a group. She's going to the Great Valley in hope of finding at least some of her family there. And we all know there is fish in the Great Valley so she'd be able to thrive once she got there. Also to note the show I watched Dink The Dinosaur had a Diplocaulus in it. Who was often made fun of by land walkers because in that show Diplocaulus otherwise nicknamed land fish were thought of to be ugly. So I'm guessing she mighy be timid to approach others fearful of being called ugly and made fun of.

And those are my three character ideas. I really don't know which one to choose. Cause I find all my ideas interesting and they could add a cool dynamic to the roleplay.

XxRainTheSwimmerxX

• Ruby
    • View Profile
To be honest I'm unsure which character to choose. Which character would you like to see me rping/which one interests you the most?