The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ali And Littlefoot

Nick22 · 52 · 6533

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
That's kind of what I was thinking, myself. We grew up with the LBT gang, and now we're all getting into serious relationships (which is a part of the reason I haven't posted for a while), and we may be, on some subconscious level, putting them in the same category.

PS: I'm glad you enjoyed "Triguin", Ryuukokoro. Not an overly light-hearted one, though, is it?  :lol:
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
well its about bluddy time till Ali comes back, and I too am a LF X Ali fan. just wish I had Cartoon Network.

oh wellz, I still have the DVDs to look forward to.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I think there was something to do with love with Littlefoot as well to Ali, Kingdomkey, did you get my PM about that LBT/Kingdom heart crossover on Fanfiction btw. Is that your story by any chance? since it has a similar user name to yours.

Back to Ali and Littlefoot, I would say that make a good pair and it seems to be a interested in most of them. I seen lots of stories that foucs of Littlefoot and Ali, even drawing. I say from looking at the song now, Littlefoot has strong feelings enough to hatch a plan with Cera to make Rhett look very stupid and not brave as he say he is.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
well its about bluddy time till Ali comes back, and I too am a LF X Ali fan. just wish I had Cartoon Network.

I think I found a new best friend. XD I just hope she appears again soon. :D

Sorry, I got your response kinda late Threehorn. Yes, the next chapter is currently in the works, and I totally agree with you on far Littlefoot went to make Rhett look silly. I mean he even showed it through his emotions how upset he was about this. I still found it slightly a bit disappointed about how Ali's return went. She is pretty smart, so I don't believe she would fall for that. I plan to make her return way better in ATBT. (Yes, she will be appearing XD) Ah, well. Still, I hope she returns soon.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm, I wonder just how much further the writers would be willing to take the relationship of Littlefoot&Ali?  Maybe they could put them into an embarrassing situation of some kind.  Accidental lip kissing anybody? ;)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Considering the target audience, kissing isn't something we're likely to see. A friendly lick, perhaps, but that's it, and  I have my doubts on that.. It would be interesting to see a kiss between them, but I just don;t think we'll see much elaborating on the relationship between Ali and Littlefoot.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I finally saw the brave longneck scheme today.. and  my opinion of it went up after viewing it. Rhette's herd merged with Ali's after she left the valley previously, and he has a high self-opinion of himself. Having Ali in the gang just seems well , natural, once you get past the fact there are two longnecks with her around.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Apr 16 2007 on  11:52 AM
I finally saw the brave longneck scheme today.. and  my opinion of it went up after viewing it. Rhette's herd merged with Ali's after she left the valley previously, and he has a high self-opinion of himself. Having Ali in the gang just seems well , natural, once you get past the fact there are two longnecks with her around.
Well why do you think so many authors of LBT fanfiction like to write Ali in so much, aside from pairing her up with Littlefoot?

Ali's that kind of charcter.  We've seen her as such since LBT 4. :)

Considering the target audience, kissing isn't something we're likely to see. A friendly lick, perhaps, but that's it, and I have my doubts on that.. It would be interesting to see a kiss between them, but I just don;t think we'll see much elaborating on the relationship between Ali and Littlefoot.

I'm not talking a real kiss, just where their lips end up meeting one another by accident.

There are possible scenarios where it could happen, you know. ;)

Also, tell me, does Disney end up targeting the same auidence with their cartoons?  What do you see in those? :^.^:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Touche...Poke... personally the series has played it safe up to this point... nothing really gut-wrenching has occured.. or really embarassing such as a kiss between littlefoot and Ali would be..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm not talking a real kiss, just where their lips end up meeting one another by accident.
Are you thinking of "The Lady and the Tramp"? I guess that's the most famous kiss by accident in a cartoon so far.
Considering the target audience, kissing isn't something we're likely to see. A friendly lick, perhaps, but that's it, and I have my doubts on that.. It would be interesting to see a kiss between them, but I just don;t think we'll see much elaborating on the relationship between Ali and Littlefoot.
I agree that there probably isn't going to be anything beyond what we saw already. While the relationship between Littlefoot and Ali is different from any other LBT relationship among the younger characters it is nothing "explicit" as the relationship between grownup characters such as Topsy and Tria. They are just kids. Kids can fall in love, but that kind of love differs from the love between grownups in many ways. One can refer to it as a sandbox love I think.
As for the friendly lick, I think from the LBT character's perspective it may have a different meaning than a kiss. More like a the French bize, the kiss to greet somebody without any whatsoever sexual relation. After all we've seen quite a number of such licks in LBT already, from Spike, Ali (with Petrie being the receiver), Chomper, and Littlefoot's grandma (in which case the purpose was to clean Littlefoot). There was nothing like it from a couple such as Littlefoot's grandparents or Topsy and Tria.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The 'puppy love' aspect between Littlefoot and Ali is implicit rather than explicit. You haven't seen Littlefoot or Ali say that they really like each other, although all the signs are there that they do. Whether Rhette is a mere plot device (a potential rival for Ali that forces Littlefoot to begin to reveal his feelings), or not has yet to be seen.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
well let me take the time to put my two cents in.

I am a big fan of Littlefoot & Ali faction. if they do show this in the series (and I hope they do) it'll be a big step from a simple children show to a show for all audiences. I see great potential with the ideal.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 18 2007 on  12:29 AM
Are you thinking of "The Lady and the Tramp"? I guess that's the most famous kiss by accident in a cartoon so far.
I was actually thinking along the lines of what I saw in Bambi II.  In a certain scene, Bambi is hiding from Faline. (Mainly because she loves to kiss him and he's trying to avoid her.  It's kinda cute what Disney does with young ones.) He then accidently backs up into a procupine.  The procupine pricks him and he jumps through the tall grass.  When he stops, they're lips meet and they both have shocked looks on their faces.

Just replace it with the gang playing Hide 'n Seek, Ali being it and a prickily plant of some kind.

I'm sure that would meet within Universal's limits on LBT. ;)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That could work, although seeing that would necessitate another kiss somewhere along the line :P: , whether accidental or n the case at the end of We're Back between the human kids, deliberate. I have not seen Bambi 2 as an aside, and I don't intend to. It merely takes away from the great film that the original was, however cute the sequel may be...it won't match or come close to matching the original. Sequels almost never do. and itt would be interesting to see the gang's reaction to the kiss. I'm guessing that they are grossed out intially, then mercilessly tease Littlefoot about it.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yeah right, Ducky, Spike, and Petrie are so very notorious for being merciless ;)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Alright, Cera would be the only one giving Littlefoot a hard time about it :)  Although, given how she plotted with Littlefoot to show up Rhette, she may not be so mean about it..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I still didn't see that sequel.
I begin to wonder about myself about this. Shortage of time is certainly one reason why I didn't watch all the sequels so far, but I suppose there is something more to it.
All the years the coming of a new land before time movie was something really special. Every single land before time movie was discussed to the very last detail. There was a high degree of "Vorfreude" (joy of anticipation) for every single one of them.
Now that I have so many sequels to watch I'm hesitant to see them in quick succession. I feel that once I have seen them I will HAVE seen them without any way to reverse it. While I'm not as sceptical about some changes in LBT as some other people are I still feel a certain fear that something I might see may crack up images held so dearly, (LBT 10 certainly did).
I'm getting of topic. Sorry about that.

As for Littlefoot and Ali I don't suppose we are ever going to see anything far beyond what we have seen so far. The characters are still young kids. They are not even teens (that would be Hyp's age group). There are several implications that they are not educated in male female relationships. Most distinct is the LBT 2 scene in which Littlefoot asks his grandparents about babies, but even in LBT 10 he was obviously unaware that everybody has to have a father or why that would be the case. In LBT 11 Littlefoot and Cera too seemed to have certain problems to figure out the status of Tria as a new mother for Cera. Of course they know about eggs and hatching, but it is never said if they know where the eggs come from. They are not stupid, so I reckon they would have figured out some details about such relationships as that of Topsy and Tria. Still I don't think they are at the age to really understand those relationships or the emotions involved. Ali is the only case in which we saw any LBT character show any interest at all in a member of the same species but of the other gender. Sometimes I think too much is interpreted into the relationship of Littlefoot and Ali. It is not quite the same as that of Littlefoot and the others (to begin with for all we know LBT 4 probably lasted only three days so it was not exactly much time to get to know Ali nearly as well as any other member of the group).

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Spreaking of father's we never see Ali's father. He's not with the herd, Ali's only immediate family is her mother. Which leads me to believe he's either dead, or he broke up with Ali's mother and is off on his own somewhere..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Or the creators of LBT just felt they had not enough to do for him to include him ;) as was the case with Petrie's Dad, Littlefoot's Dad (until they found they could make him the plot of a movie), Cera's Mum (I know she was at the beginning of the original movie, but she was never mentioned with a single word till LBT 11 and even then no explanation whatsoever was given).
Disappearing or non existing parents are rather common in LBT.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not having a father though could lead to a devastating scenario. What would happen if something serious happened to Ali's mother? There would be no one left in her immediate family to take care of her. We nearly had a similar situation occur in lBt 4 with Grandpa's illness, remember? At least in that situation  Littlefoot still had his grandmother... but given her advanced age, there was serious doubt as to whether she could properly care and protect Littlefoot. Hence why Grandpa had requested that they leave with Ali's herd if he did not recover. Luckily he did...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: