The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If we hold on together - recorder

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hiya! I found my old recorder back(yay.. :p ), and didn't play for about eh 4 years. Anyway, while listening to if we hold on together I sort of knew how to play it.. And in one hour I could play it on my recorder..  :P:

So.. I recorded it.. Here it is:

http://www.adrive.com/public/89dfd315bff51...913a2d9df1.html

That's the  MP3 file..
http://www.adrive.com/public/3bd032676cc30...abbbf79525.html

That's the wav file.. it's 10 times bigger.

Anyway, you can tell my skills arent that good. But I'm proud of myself  :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks, I"ll download now and listen to it later.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Well, I'm proud of you too :) The tune was completely pitch perfect  :^.^:

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Heh...  Iris...  Thanks for telling me about this...   :^.^: I too will listen to it later...  Oh, and the reason why the MP3 version sounds more "crackily" Is either because, you might have had "normalize" turned on by mistake - although, I really don't know how that would affect the sound - or, you didn't encode the MP3 at a high enough quality bitrate.  The higher the bitrate you encode to, the higher the quality, but also, the bigger the filesize...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Jul 3 2008 on  04:32 PM
Well, I'm proud of you too :) The tune was completely pitch perfect  :^.^:
Great! I didn't know about the pitch for sure.. About the mp3 file, I'll work on it to make it sound.. better :p

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow, Mumbling, that's very cool! :)
I haven't picked up a recorder in ages, though now I have a strange urge to, LOL! :lol
I really enjoyed this, thank you for posting it!  :yes

I actually don't find this mp3 sounding any worse than a typical mp3 of a similar bitrate, at least on my laptop speakers or my headphones.  A higher bitrate would help a bit but I wouldn't go as far to say that it sounds "bad" in the mp3.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
mp3 sounds fine to me....I told her how to make good mp3 files.  That's a good enough bitrate for a solo instrument in mono.

Nice job on the playing too!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jul 3 2008 on  09:59 PM
mp3 sounds fine to me....I told her how to make good mp3 files.  That's a good enough bitrate for a solo instrument in mono.

Nice job on the playing too!
Thank, yes I used that method again.. It's just my computer making it sound weird.. Because everyone else says its ok.. :)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Hmm; I haven't listened to the MP3 yet, but I will soon...  ......
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...