The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite LBT sequel songs.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Sorry Threehorn, but I just received a mail saying:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.
The following recipient was of course your email address. I don't know, but maybe the attachment of the songfile is too large for your email account (about 4.8MB)? I will be here at the fast connection for a few more hours. If you can tell me what to do or where to send it or whatever, before I leave I shall do so immediately, otherwise we have to work something out for another day.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Alright. I just got them to go and that my collection

-Threehorn

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
??? What do you mean?
Yesterday I sent "On your own" to Arvens, who has constantly a fast internet connection, so you could get the MP3 from him if there is a way for you to receive it.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
He did get it from me.  I sent it to him that very day.  :huh:

Hyp

• Ruby
    • View Profile
1. When You're Big (LBT3)
2. Who Needs You? (LBT4)
3. It Takes All Sorts (LBT4)
4. Standing Tough (LBT3)
5. Kids Like Us (LBT3)

There's a lot more I like, but these are the main ones. By the way, do any of you know where I can get mp3's or downloadable versions of these songs so I can put them on a CD? I tried www.landbeforetime.org, but it's down.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The land before time archive (www.landbeforetime.org) had to be moved. The new url is http://landbeforetime.spiralmindsinc.com
However, you won't find the complete versions of these songs for download there, but I have all of them saved on my computer so I can sent you the MP3 files as email attachments if you sent me your email address or via MSN messenger if you have an identity there (the later often is a bit faster).

Hyp

• Ruby
    • View Profile
My email address is thereal_willywonka@yahoo.com, I'd be very happy if you sent the songs to me   :^.^:

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's the ones I like:

If We Hold on Together (LBT 1)
Who Needs You?   (LBT 4)
It Takes All Sorts  (LBT 4)
Friends for Dinner   (LBT 5)
Bestest Friend (Both mixes)  (LBT 10)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
In order starting with my most favorite, my favorite songs are:

LBT 10: Bestest Friends (Both versions)
LBT 8: Family
LBT 4: It Takes All Sorts
LBT 2: You're One of Us Now
LBT 7: Beyond the Mysterious Beyond (End Credits version is kinda kewl; I may try to re-arrange it myself)

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Well if I would have to say what my favioutes it has to be in this order.

1: Bad Luck
2: Bestest Friends both of the them
3: Mix song from music video with a mix of If we hold it together and Bestest Friends
4: It takes all sorts
5: Family

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Nov 24 2005 on  02:03 AM

LBT 7: Beyond the Mysterious Beyond (End Credits version is kinda kewl; I may try to re-arrange it myself)
You know, the really odd thing is I was looking through all my old cds I had made a long way back and I saw I had recorded the end credits for LBT 7....and that's shocking because I never liked that one...but obviously still had found time to record the end credits.  :lol:  :rolleyes:  Small world.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As for the music I think LBT 7 was not bad. Apart from introducing the very interesting character Pterano they came up with two songs I liked. I find "Beyond the mysterious Beyond" (both sung and just the melody) quite beautiful while "Very important creature" is one of the most informative LBT songs. It gives quite an insight into Pterano's mind. It is also a song which was really well translated into the German version of the movie (meanwhile I'm so focused on the English versions I know them much better than I know the German translations). I was not as fond of "Good insight" and (of course  :rolleyes: ) with aliens from outer space in LBT.
By the way, I think it was I who sent you the closing credits of LBT 7, so don't be too shocked  :lol:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Hmm.. I checked just to be sure and it doesn't sound like a PAL recording, so I must've did it myself.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
lol,
Out of curiosity, how many of you guys have recorded many/all of the songs from the LBT series.  I have all but, I think, one - which I simply forgot to record during my mass-recording session last week...I'll get on that sometime,  if I feel like it.  

Mr. Thicknose's song, near the end of LBT 8, when he's singing about how he still has things to learn...completely forgot to record it, though I didn't think it was that great of a song anyway  :rolleyes:

http://www.angelfire.com/az3/action9000/lbt.html

hehehe :p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If ever I get my laptop back  <_< I can send you a few closing credits you don't seem to have yet. "The lesson" is a song I never recorded myself, but I think I once got it (from Threehorn?). I'm not absolutely certain.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Hmmm...the only things I think I have that you don't are the End Credits to LBT 3 and 4.  Drop me a line and I can try to get them over to you.  I encoded them into FLAC, so they're kind of big, but sound great.  I suspect you have winamp so if you get the plugin you can play FLAC files.

I will never keep that song Thicknose belched out.  I'd check with Threehorn because I think he has every song.

How did I record them?  Just take the coaxial RCA red/white plugs from your vcr and you can plug them into your sound card's line-in (blue) jack.  Only do this if you have a really good sound card.  For dvds I use a program called DVD Audio Extractor and that works great since I don't have to downsample, and then can just put the files into FLAC.  

Its known here I only have the first on dvd and sold off all my vhs copies when I could still get money for them so I can't do dvd rips unless it's the first film.

PS - what is the original film soundtrack doing in mp3 format? :P:  Maybe we can work something out in that sector too....FLAC is the only way to go with soundtracks if you have space to spare--especially that one. ;)

edit: Oops, just checked and my end credits list and the credits for LBT 4 I put into a vbr WMA file that averages about 180kbps and not FLAC.  You'd need golden ears anyway to hear a difference from that versus the dvd.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: RogerRabbit,Nov 27 2005 on  08:14 AM
Hmmm...the only things I think I have that you don't are the End Credits to LBT 3 and 4. Drop me a line and I can try to get them over to you.

PS - what is the original film soundtrack doing in mp3 format? :P: Maybe we can work something out in that sector too....FLAC is the only way to go with soundtracks if you have space to spare--especially that one. ;)
I can record the End credits of LBT 3 and 4 over here; I suppose those are two others I forgot to nab :p
so I won't need to bug you for those ones.

Howver, if you have the LBT 1 soundtrack, that would be Much appreciated - I have yet to actually go out and buy the original soundtrack; my MP3s are a few I found in various places.  The quality is decent (the my "LBT 1 end credits" is at 320 kb/s, but, like you said, it's still an MP3), and my speakers are old, inaccurate 20-year-old stereo speakers. :( I'm just running my computer's sound through a home theatre reciever.

I would Love to get the rest of the soundtrack!
I'm using a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card (not a professional card, but my speakers are so old, a Real sound card wouldn't benefit me a whole lot anyway :p).  It's a nice little card though; I have no complaints with it, for what I do.

and if any of you have an MSN address they want  to share, mine is action9000@hotmail.com

It may make file transfers easier, since my e-mail doesn't like files much over 4-5 MB  :bang

So anyway, I would greatly appreciate any parts of the original LBT soundtrack (yes, I am using winAmp BTW), and if there are any DVD rips or anything I can give you in return over MSN or some other means, I'd be happy to return the favour :D

There is one reason I want to copy the soundtrack to an MP3 format though: I want to burn them all onto an MP3 CD to listen to in my car :p  but I can just convert the music from a FLAC source file to an MP3 with no problem.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I added you to my MSN contacts so just keep a look out for me and we'll work something out.  :)

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I definately have more Land Before Time songs that I really like than those that I don't enjoy so much, but I'll just list seven of the ones I especially like hearing and why.

On Your Own (VI)- I love dramatic songs, and Littlefoot is such a great singer, so having him do this solo was quite pleasant. It starts with his feelings, then ends with his realization. He actual learns while singing. He has quite the impressive mind which displays nicely through a well written song.

Peaceful Valley (II)- Loved the melody and the significance of most of the lyrics like "Every cloud in the sky, green leaf on a tree, is reminding me, far away dreams really do come tru-u-u-ue." I also liked the way they divided each character's parts at the start. And the fact that it is the only Land Before Time song at the present that starts at the beginning of the movie, but stops and doesn't finish until the credits.

Both vesions of Remebering that I am aware of (The Star Day Celebration and The Missing Fast Water Adventure)- Very pretty sounding song. Ruby sings them so well, and they have a good message about never forgetting what is really important. The one from TSDC really adds to the special feeling too.

Friends for Dinner (V)- The is humorous how Chomper and Littlefoot sing it feeling one way, while the other three who sing feel quite differently. The lyrics don't agree with the times, (soup, stew, a la mode, etcetera) but the song is still fun to hear with its updeat rhythm.

It Takes All Sorts (IV)- Very nice hearing a song against racism in a Land Before Time kind of way. It's Ali's only song, but at least it has a very important message while showing how beautiful of a voice she has. And it shows that Ali can learn a lot faster than most humans. She learns about accepting others in one day, then sings about it as if she had known all about it her whole life. "It takes all sorts to make a world. Short and tall sorts, large and small sorts. To fill this pretty planet with love and laughter. To make it great to live in, tomorrow and the day after... The brightest way, the rightest way, according to reports is simply to take all sorts." Wow. She managed to deduce all the secrets of accepting all types after learning the concept in less then a day. She's amazing!

How Do You Know? (XIII)- Littlefoot has been giving his wisdom to others from the beginning of their friendship. It was nice to hear him finally question himself and have the other three who can sing help him understand what to do. It really shows Petrie, Ducky, and Cera's wisdom truly shine. The dramatic tune completes the moment.

All Land Before Time songs are made for a reason, even if that reason is presented unpleasantly and/or is very difficult to find and understand. And if a song is made mainly to pass the time, make the movie/epsiode a bit longer, and appeal to children who like songs, well, that's still a reason.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have some that I like, but I do not put certain ones ahead of others.

2 - You're one of us now.  Eggs
3. When you're big, kids like us
4. grandma's lullaby
5. friends for dinner, always there
6. on your own,
7. mysterious beyond
8 family, the lesson
9 the bored song with the french sounding name
10 adventuring, bestest friends
11 girls and dads
12 1 of a kind, things change
13 how do you know

Most of the songs are about the character or character singing about their feelings.  It lets you get to know the character a bit more or see some of how they think and feel, a think you do not often get to see in most types of cinematic view.  Apart from seeing how the characters act physically or what they say.