The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mini-Force

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mini-Force!  Tiny Animals transform into Power Rangers to save the day.  That's the broad definition of it.  Let's go deeper, shall we?  Note, this contains spoilers.  Highlight below at your own risk.

This animated show was made in South Korea.  It is a ripoff parody of Power Rangers/Super Sentai.  The team consists of 4 members.  The blue ranger is Volt.  He is a squirrel that has super speed and is the leader of the team.  The red ranger is Sammy.  He is a bird and the most arrogant of the 4.  Oh, and he can't fly.  The yellow ranger is Max.  He is a beaver.  He is the strongest of the 4.  Finally, the pink ranger is Lucy.  She is a cat.  She is the kind one of the 4.

The four are taken care of by a teenage girl by the name of Suzy. (At least, that's how I think it's spelled.  They never confirm her spelling.) She's your typical, over the top, anime girl you don't want to get on the bad side of.  However, she does not know that the animals she takes care of are these Power Ranger like heroes.  How she never figures it out is beyond me and they easily get away with hiding it far too often.

When they are called, they travel to their secret headquarters, (So secret, even the viewer doesn't know where it is.) and are briefed on the situation by their commander via hologram.  Most of the time, other animals are attacked by the forces of evil, but sometimes, it's humans that the forces of evil are attacking and, either way, they have to save the day. (They actually consider attacking humans as going too far.)

They use tiny discs to transform into the team known as Mini-Force.  Their main weapon is a sword that becomes a gun and then a bow.  As any fan of Power Rangers will tell you, guns that become melee weapons are awesome.  They take out the mooks and the monster of the week.  Then comes the big enemy.  Sometimes from the monster of the week growing.  Sometimes it's a robot of some kind.  Either way, they call the zords.

The zords are cars.  Which are actually transformers.  Unlike most episodes of Power Rangers where the zords combine, these ones don't that often.  The zords can actually handle the enemy by teaming up.  Only on a handful of occasions have they needed to combine.  On top of that, they most of the time combine only two during those occasions.  It's only a few episodes that they combine all four together.  Still, each one they struggle to defeat the enemy and then find a way to beat it.  Most of the time by finding the weak point.

Now, for my criticisms of the show.  First off, each episode is only 13 minutes. (11 if you don't count the opening and ending themes.) This has a serious downside as, often times, the stuff that happens in the openings don't fully get resolved most of the time because of the time limit.  Sometimes it does get resolution, but most of the time the episode just ends with the monster of the week's defeat.  This just doesn't feel right to me.

The second criticism I will give has to due with the English Dub.  Specifically the lip-syncing for the dub is hilariously bad.  You can just tell that it's off.  I know the voice actors are trying, but the script wasn't properly made to flow with the lip movements.  It just seems weird when they talk.  This could have definitely used some editing.

Also, I would advise not watching this with captions on as they just don't match what the characters are saying.  I really don't understand how the person in charge of that got away with it.

Despite those criticisms, I enjoyed this.  For me, every episode was fun to watch and there was hardly one really bad episode.  Even with the plots that would almost instantly guarantee a bad episodes turned out to be good.  For instance, there is this plot where the monster of the week makes others fall in love.  Now, normally this is silly, but here, they acknowledge the problem with it and give the twist that the main victims who are being assaulted with love by the one who is under the spell will grow to hate them.  This is something that shows that, even when the writers come up with something stupid, they can still make it enjoyable with twists like this.

I enjoyed this show you can find on Netflix, and I can't wait for the day the movie for it gets translated.

That's all from me.  See ya later! :wave