The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

So Zootopia was good.

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
Since this got many replies, I'll reply too.
After seeing the trailers and previews about Zootopia, I went to see it at the
Edwards Grand Palace theater here in Houston. Snacking on some nachos while the film rolled, I liked how it touched upon prejudice and discrimination, in a way that both kids and adults can understand, and in a creative way using anthropomorphic animals. As other users have said here, we needed a lesson like this to remind us in these times.

The scenes where the predator animals were going "savage" chilled me, since I kept wondering what caused it, and to me it represented how mental illness can be misunderstood, adding to the message of prejudice and stereotyping. I was happy for both Nick and Judy when everything turned out well for them at the end; two different species working things out and earning their happy ending :).

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The scenes where the predator animals were going "savage" chilled me
It's been awhile since I've seen the movie but I thought Nick's backstory was the best part. The whole movie talks about prey being mistreated then they slap you with the fact that predators can also experience mistreatment and prejudice by the same group you sympathize with up to that point.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Quote from: Flathead770,Aug 5 2017 on  01:13 PM
The scenes where the predator animals were going "savage" chilled me
It's been awhile since I've seen the movie but I thought Nick's backstory was the best part. The whole movie talks about prey being mistreated then they slap you with the fact that predators can also experience mistreatment and prejudice by the same group you sympathize with up to that point.
Yep. I also loved how it basically says" prejudice goes both ways." A message I'm in particular glad to see in the film given the prevalence of that "Its not possible to be racist against whites" nonsense that's been floating around. Yes, it is.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I've never seen it. I haven't seen any new Disney movies since Frozen. I have no idea what they've done.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You should see all of them, really, do it! ;)
Inactive, probably forever.