The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Come On!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
They are not going that much into gory details. There is no shadow of which we could clearly identify such details as a vein.  However, it is actually little sense in questioning the fact that Littlefoot's mother did suffer mortal wounds of some sort. I don't suppose she would pretend dying to go on alone, would she  -_-

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
it is actually little sense in questioning the fact that Littlefoot's mother did suffer mortal wounds of some sort. I don't suppose she would pretend dying to go on alone, would she
Well-put, Malte.

I suppose our community is trying to find something to talk about, as topics are running a bit thin lately.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Yeah, in the shadows, that always just looked like skin coming off, rather than blood spurting when the Sharptooth was on Littlefoot's mom's back. In any case, that was the neck where he attacked (a vital spot). It probably just didn't kill her right away, but I always had the feeling that, at that point, the damage was done.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

AnimeLover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
As A Matter Of Fact, It's True. Littlefoot's Mother Did Died After Defeating The Sharptooth. That Was Very Brave Of Her. Poor Littlefoot's Mom. I Hope You'll Understand.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think the location of a dinosaur's jugular and carotid was the same as a human's.  Perhaps one or both of them ended up severed.  As for the bite to her back, keep in mind Sharptooth's jaws were massive.  Therefore, the bite must've been very malicious.  Not only was she bitten near or on the spine, but some of her peripheral nervous system neurons may have been severed, perhaps leaving her somewhat paralyzed.  She had a good chunk of meat ripped right out of her.  It definitely looked like something other than flesh.  My theory is that she bled to death :(.  Yeah, even a bite like that would cause massive blood loss.  They did not even have surgeons, so her blood loss, along with her possibly being somewhat paralyzed on the side she was bitten, would've caused her inevitable death.  As far as her fall is concerned, her species weighed thirty-five to forty tons.  Imagine weighing that much and crashing down on solid, jagged rock.  She probably had many broken bones and lacerated vital organs, causing internal bleeding.  When the math is done, one could conclude that she died a slow and painful death :cry.  At least she got to see her only child one last time.  She is, in my eyes, a hero for having given her life so TWO would be saved.  The fact that, despite the fact that racism existed among the dinosaurs, she saved Cera was a noble move on her part.  I'm certain that, somewhere in his heart, Mr. Threehorn is grateful to Littlefoot's mother for having saved his daughter.  I wish she had not died, for she was a very sweet and loving mother.  I'm glad her death was not in vain, though.  That's just my theory as to what her cause of death most likely was.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So lets see

Sharptooth landing on her back possibility of breaking it, two bite marks high chances of losing blood, and the earthquake that did twice the damage... :huh: Yeah that pretty much cause her death.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
To tell you the truth I always thought the wound Sharptooth inflicted on her back and the one seen on her neck in one part of the scene were seperate injuries but there is a very high possibility she died of blood loss(like you said) plus she could have gained addional damage from the earthquake and falling on jagged rocks(I believe someone else said that).

dragoonanime

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I wish that they had showed the rest of the earthquake scene. That way we would have known exactly how littlefoot's mother died. I think the fall killed her.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be one of those things where there are several causes, or 1-2 main causes and 1-2 other events made things worst.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I would like to see all of the cut scenes but for all we know they could've been incenerated.

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
I have a feeling there somewhere in the Amblin Entertainment studios

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
then again they could be.

come on Don Bluth we want deleted scenes :DD

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
I have heard so many rumoors about those deleted scenes were destroyed. But Don Bluth has them. I mean who throws away stuff like that.  :p

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
maybe the editor for that matter with no knowledge that people may want to see those scenes

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Dude, deleted scenes get thrown away all the time. Nearly twenty extra minutes of the space battle in Return of the Jedi were filmed, but now only a few still shots remain because Lucas felt they had no purpose and destroyed them.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: jedi472,Aug 8 2009 on  06:13 PM
Dude, deleted scenes get thrown away all the time. Nearly twenty extra minutes of the space battle in Return of the Jedi were filmed, but now only a few still shots remain because Lucas felt they had no purpose and destroyed them.
Being a film director you never know if the movie you're shooting will become a cult or no. :)

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Coyote_A,Aug 8 2009 on  10:06 AM
Quote from: jedi472,Aug 8 2009 on  06:13 PM
Being a film director you never know if the movie you're shooting will become a cult or no. :)
Well, at that point I think Lucas had realized Star Wars was a phenomenon, but didn't feel the need to archive every piece of film that was recorded. He even wanted the original film strips for each of the six movies destroyed, but starwars.com managed to make them into a collectible by placing one piece of film from the premire of each movie in a frame and then sold them off. I have one of them.

I guess no one really had the foresight to do anything like that with LBT, and, at least to begin with, it really didn't seem like it had that much of a cult following.