The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask me?

Saft · 84 · 7299

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Lol, they are rather funny some of them whilst others have terrible spelling.  Thank you.:)

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Tolkien, J.K.Rowling, Juliet Marillier, Garth Nix (I used to read his books when I was a kid), Bram Stoker, Homer, Aristophanes, Agatha Christie, Cricton, Dart-Thornton, Michelle Moran and many more...

Thank you for the question.:)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Inspired by a question I was asked:

How does Mozart react to thunderstorms?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh...sorry about the delay response.
Mozart is quite scared of thunderstorms.  He doesn't like them and will hide under the bed till it's over.  We have to comfort him quite a lot when they happen.  Strangely he is okay with fireworks...

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Aw, poor little guy.

Has Mozart ever caught anything? Rodents, shrews, birds, bats, etc.? (He's an indoor cat, right?)

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
He's indoor but he's caught a couple of insects and then tortured them before showing them to us.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ooh…poor insects. :blink:

Apart from stealing socks, does Mozart have any other mischievous or quirky habits or ways of obstructing human activities? (Climbing window screens, walking on keyboards, sleeping on top of people, etc.)

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
^
Yeah, he's quite cruel with insects.

-Actually Mozart sat in a chair (as mentioned in the ''How are you feeling thread'') that mum and sister had gotten yesterday.  He just sat in it...now it is his.  

-Also he hisses and tries to swipe at the vaccum cleaner/hoover and puffs himself up to look bigger.

-He used to climb curtains when we lived in New Zealand, that the curtains would have light shining through little holes curtesy of Mozart.

-He's never actually slept on top of people but he likes his own space.  I used to sleep on a sort of bunk bed (which I still have but I sleep on the bottom now)...and Mozart quite like sleeping up there too.  I thought he liked it up there with me (perhaps at first) but not anymore...he's booted me out...and has been there ever since.  I don't mind now.  A cat needs his comfort.;)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
When I get around to starting that thread with the zoo photos I promised you, do you want me to start with the ones you specifically asked about (from the trip I took on my birthdayówhich, frankly, weren’t the most exciting zoo photos I’ve ever taken) or were you more interested in seeing pictures from the zoo in general? If that was the case, I would begin with the pictures from the oldest zoo trips I’ve photographed, and post them chronologically by date of visit. I’m planning on digging deep into my stash of photos to pick out the best ones anyway, so neither choice is any more of a hassle for me than the other. :)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I'm just asking this to some of the members here due to the fact this is going to be my major, but you don't have to answer this if you don't want to. :)

What's your opinion on religion as a whole? Or I guess to explain it a bit more, do you think religion is essential to human beings? Or is it something that you think doesn't necessarily needs to be around in life? It's just a security thing for human beings?

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm embarrassed to say, that I forgot about this thread.  Not on purpose but it's just not often questions are asked....and the thread is often pushed down by other more prolific threads.

So, I'm sorry about this lateness.
Pangaea:  If it is okay with you the photographs that you took on your recent trip?

((I am unsure if I should respond to Amy's question, so I'll leave it for now))...

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Saft,Sep 23 2010 on  01:18 PM
I'm embarrassed to say, that I forgot about this thread. Not on purpose but it's just not often questions are asked....and the thread is often pushed down by other more prolific threads.
Don't worry about it. :) You're not the only one who forgets about these threads.

Quote from: Saft,Sep 23 2010 on  01:18 PM
Pangaea: If it is okay with you the photographs that you took on your recent trip?
Sure. :yes I'll get started on that.

Just out of curiosity, why are you so interested in the photos from that particular trip? (If it has anything to do with the photos being recent, would you like me to instead start with photos from my latest visit to that zoo?)

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Animals would be the obvious answer.:)
If you have any lion photographs, they would be interesting to see.  

It's been a while since I went to a zoo and we don't have a lot of animals in Bern zoo (well, the animal that I most like anyway), as it is too small.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There are a few lion pictures from that zoo trip I took on my birthday, but I'm afraid none of them are very good quality.

If it's lions you want, though, I could just start by posting several lion pictures, and then move on to posting photos of the other animals chronologically (by date of zoo visit). How does that sound?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
seen any good movies lately?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
..I can't really get to bed yet...I really should remedy it but I'm waiting for the inevitable fire alarm that goes off during this time period...hopefully there will be none...but, idiots beget idiots, who beget fire alarms.:p

As to Nick's question:
I saw Four Weddings and a funeral with two dorm-mates.  As I hadn't seen it before, and mum told me to take the opportunity and see it with them, I thought there wouldn't be any harm.  It was actually quite funny.

And I've been invited to be watching Labryinth sometime this week, although I *think* that is at the weekend....

I have actually watched a ''interesting'' film during Classics and Popular Culture...when I say interesting..I don't mean interesting as though entertaining to watch...it's more ''ow my eyes'' and ''must look anywhere but the big screen canvas''....we were focusing on Gore Vidal and a written screenplay that he had done for the infamous Caligula movie...the lecturer said it was the ''soft'' rating...all I can say is of it....that I'd hate to see what the ''hard'' rating is...*shudders*...I hope that doesn't come up in the examination..

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
What do you find most interesting where you live in Switzerland?  I only visited Zurich when I was there.  Awesome place, though.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
^
Oh gee, this is a bit of a tough question and unfortuantely I don't think I'll be able to answer the question as well as I could but netherless, I generally do like Switzerland for it's moutians and lakes, to it's ''running like clockwork'' system and it's orderly methods.  What I find the most interesting is it's history. I do find it interesting how each canton individually has a slighly different type of history that makes up Switzerland on a whole.  
Although I do miss the Gl¸hwein right now...