The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sleep and Remember II

F-14 Ace · 531 · 30461

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Snork looked up at the two longnecks and said, "It is nice to get a wark welcome.  We have come a very long way."

Strafe said cheerfully, "It is a pleasure to meet you.  I've never met a longneck before."

The young longneck bounded over a hilltop toward the two old longnecks.  Littlefoot slowed down when he saw that his grandparents had company.  The young longneck was curious and decided to meet the strangers.  He had never seen them before and figured they were probably new in the valley.  

Littlefoot waited for his grandparents to finish talking and asked, "Hey Grandpa, who are they?"

"Snork looked down at Littlefoot and said, "Oh, hi there.  My name is Snork.  We just got here and wanted to meet everybody."

Littlefoot said, "Oh, My name is Littlefoot.  These are my grandparents."
Littlefoot glanced ovet at Dante and Hunter, but didn't say anything.  While it was odd to see sharpteeth in the valley, Littlefoot had learned by now that not all sharpteet were bad.  The fact that these newcomers trusted them made him feel safer.

Strafe introduced herself and asked Mr. Longneck, "Are you the only ones left in your herd?"

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Grandpa longneck chuckled at his grandson's optimism and replied to Strafe's question "Unfortunately yes, we are. At least here in the valley anyway, we do have a herd of our cousins wandering the Mysterious Beyond, perhaps you met them on your travels?"

Longtail smiled and introduced himself to Littlefoot by saying "Hi! My name's Longtail, its nice to meet a longneck...that isn't so big."

Hunter was waiting for a moment to introduce herself and so she simply sat down and waited.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante, too smiled, and introduced himself, saying...
"And my name's Dante.  Dante S. Starfall.  Nice to meet you, too Littlefoot!"
Then he turned, gesturing at Hunter.
"And this is my...friend Hunter."
He said, grinning at her...

ingster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://ingster.deviantart.com/
"This place dosent seem half bad......"
After a bit, hit takes his feet out and slowly gets up,
feeling a bit better then before

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim stayed back and let the new folks meet and talk to the residents.  She sat down to rest and pulled off a leaf to start to eat while she rested, watching while everyone got better acquainted while she rested and enjoyed a little green food and the pleasant weather.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga said, "It's nice to meet you, Littlefoot.  I'm Kaga.  We just wanted to say hello.  It was such a long journey and it is good to recieve a warm welcome and a good home."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante smiled and nodded at Kaga, adding...
"After that trip through the Beyond, it is nice to not have to watch our backs constantly.  Not to mention that we have plenty of food here. This place is paradise."  He sighed, gently, placing his hand on Hunter's back...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter smiled at Dante as she said "Well, yeah it is nice not to have to worry so much anymore." She then wrapped her tail around Dante's leg.

Grandpa Longneck chuckled as he replied "Well that is always good. I do hope you enjoy your time here in the Great Valley. It is a wonderful place. We look forward to seeing you again." He looked down at Littlefoot and asked "Would you like to stay with these newcomers and show them around?"

Longtail smiled and commented "That's a great idea!"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Grandma Longeck nodded, "It a good idea.  He knows many areas and some residentsl, and you can continue get to know some other residents here as you continue to explore."  She looks over at Littlefoot, "Do you want to do that dear, you don't have to if  you don't want to." She said with caring in her voice.

Mim finished the leaf she was eating, "Yes, I agree, it is an excellent idea, if he is willing.  He knows the areas and folks better then I do since he's been here longer." She said.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(Occ: I haven't forgotten this rp.  I have just been too busy to spend a great deal of time posting.  I'll post a message tomorrow.)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Would you like to stay with these newcomers and show them around?"

"Sure." Littlefoot nodded and said.  He thought for a minute nd decided that since they had already met Ducky's family, to introduce them to Petrie's family.  

"Come on.  I want you to meet my friends." Littlefoot said and began to lead the group toward the cliffs. where the flier nest was.

"Sounds goot to me." Snork said as he followed.

Strafe nodded and followed after everyone else.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter and Longtail smiled as Longtail commented "I like this place alot! I'm willing to bet we're going to meet some other flyers sooner or later...I hope." He then looked down as Hunter cleared her throat.

Longtail grinned and said "Not that being with you guys hasn't been great, but ya know...I get kinda lonely being the only flyer in our group."

Hunter smiled and said "I suppose that's true too."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nods, "I can understand that.  and there are fliers here also."  Mim said, understanding how Longtail felt.  Being with friends was always fun and good, but it could also be special to be with some that are of either one's own kind or a similar kind as well.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga walked along next to Strafe, looking forward to meeting the fliers.  In the sky above, dark clouds gathered.
"Looks like rain." the iguanodon said.
He wouldn't mind seeing some rain.  It had not rained since they arrived.  up ahead, Kaga could make out a flier nest perched on a ledge on the side of a cliff.  an overhang above it seemed to shade it from the sun and weather. He could not tell ifanyone was home though.

OCC: Is anyone doing Petrie?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail just happened to be looking around and caught Kaga's gaze, and followed it up to see the flyer nest, and he literally jumped with joy as he shouted "YES! I'll be right back...I've got some friends to make!"

He flapped his wings and started flying towards the nest when Hunter commented "We don't know if anyone lives there Longtail, it could be empty." She then sighed as he didn't turn around and said "Well...gotta let the kid have his fun."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante nodded.
"Yeah. Better stick close to him so that he doesn't do something too stupid, though."
He said, bounding up the wall easily...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC: I can do Petrie unless someone else wants to then I"ll edit my post.)

Once she saw the rain clouds coming in Petrie's mother flew back home with her kids, gathering some leaves along the way since she wasn't sure how long the rain would last and at least this way they'd all have some food while they waited out the rain.  They had been flying out earlier and some were a bit tired so it was another excuse to head back and rest anyway.  Petrie's snuggling stick was in the back of the nest not far from the small pile of leaves there.  The others were resting in various spots around the nest.  

---

Mim looked up at the nest area, "I think this may be the area where Petrie's mother nests, or near it.  Petrie is one of Littlefoot's friends who I heard made it here by themselves with no grown up help." Mim said remembering some of the stories she had heard during the time she was here.  She then looked up at the clouds, "It does indeed look like rain.  I know of some caves that we can shelter in if you want.  There are numerous caves in the great valley, more then I'd guess any 1 person could know unless they had lived here for a long time."

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot explained, "Up ahead is where my friend, Petrie, lives.  Hopefully he is home.  If not then we can go meet Cera or something."

Snork followed, glancing at the sky at the aproaching storm.  It would be nice to get together with all his friends under the canopy of the trees and take shelter together.  He liked spending time with his new family.

Srafe followed but said nothing.  She nudged Kaga lovingly and finally said, "I think everyone will like us.  Everyone else we have met so far has liked us."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jun 5 2008 on  07:21 AM
Once she saw the rain clouds coming in Petrie's mother flew back home with her kids, gathering some leaves along the way since she wasn't sure how long the rain would last and at least this way they'd all have some food while they waited out the rain.  They had been flying out earlier and some were a bit tired so it was another excuse to head back and rest anyway.  Petrie's snuggling stick was in the back of the nest not far from the small pile of leaves there.  The others were resting in various spots around the nest.  

Longtail smiled with almost uncontrolled joy. He then cleared his throat hoping to get someone's attention as he said "H-hello? I'm new here in the valley...and...I-I was hoping...I could meet some other flyers."

---

Hunter sighed as she knew Longtail wouldn't be coming down for a while. She then followed behind Snork and Strafe and she said in reply to Strafe's comment "I don't know...from what i've heard...threehorns can be stubborn and almost immpossible to reason with."

She then smiled as she said "But I would still love to meet some."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante perched on a spire near Longtail, then added...
"And I'm Dante. Dante S. Starfall!"