The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Life in the Mysterious Beyond

brekclub85 · 540 · 29806

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chomper realized his mother had a good point.

"If we work together, we could try to find everyone we can to get along," the little biter suggested.  Chomper then turned to Misty. "And despite what you think, lots of sharpteeth get along actually. I've seen sharpteeth hunt in packs before and help each other. Trust me, we can get along."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We can, though some are just rude or mean." Blue-eyes said as he nodded to what Chomper said.

Ruby's Father nodded, "Yes, Sharpteeth and fastbiters are individuals like anyone else." He said.  "Some nice, some not, some somewhere inbetween."

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Don't forget belly draggers and sharpbeaks," Greg smiled, pointing to himself, Dil, and Ichy.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Misty grinned up at Pearl, glad to have an allie in this. “Yeah, I’m with Pearl” she quietly said, pointing up at her.

“Him too” she said to Chomper’s father’s point.

Ruby sighed, “Yes…some might try to hurt us, but couldn’t most of us also fight back against Redclaw so much that Redclaw would not be able to fight us?” she wondered, looking around at the adults, “and Chomper is right, some sharp teeth do work together, we would just have to find those oneës that do and get them to help us”.

Misty sighed, “Well…how about we start with being quieter so we don’t get caught and…maybe” she had to admit, defeating Redclaw did sound like an appealing idea…if they could do it.

~~~~

“Well, it was almost by accident itself” the swimmer, Aqua replied, “the loose rocks covered a hole, it wasn’t until very far into the fight…when most of us were…gone“, Aqua was almost lost in thought herself as she went on, remembering that day too.

“…that Toot, bleeding and very weak, and Ridge not doing much better, had me backed up behind them and were facing the three fast biters who could now turn their whole attention to us having dealt with the rest of the group…no on was able to kill even one of them, all three were still there…anyway, we backed up and  stumbled through a loose part of the ground, forming a hole we fell through. It was really low down,  and the fast biters would probably have  just followed us in but the rocks caved and covered the hole, making sure they couldn’t. We rested there a bit and then were able to find our way out again. We’ve been taking care of each other ever since”.

Cree’s eyes were wide as the swimmer, Aqua, finished her story. “That’s what I call luck” he breathed.

Aqua was trying to answer Pterano’s last question though, and this time she did frown, “Then why didn’t you stay, try to help us out?” she asked. She sighed, “That’s what Toot kept mumbling about, you just left us, if you’d really wanted to be good at leading you wouldn’t have…he said” she finished.

Cree had been looking between the swimmer and his brother and now voiced an idea he had. “You know…this might be a good second chance op” he told Cree, “I mean if we could convince Toot and Ridge to go along with it, and if we helped you out in avoiding Redclaw…well it’s bound to look good”.

Aqua frowned, thinking, “I don’t know…”.

Cree couldn’t believe he was saying this, but continued, “You would not believe how this guy’s grown” he thumbed behind him at Pterano, “I mean, he could probably lead you and do it right this time” he said, “and then…well like I said it’s bound to look good and sort of make up for before”.

Aqua’s gaze seemed fixed on Ptearno, “Well…I do belive in second chances…but…we’d have to convince Toot” he said, “and that could take some doing”.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Mom dad, do you know any sharpteeth who'd want to help us?" asked Chomper.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
'What would big sharpteeth like Chomper's parents eat if sharpteeth and leaf-eaters worked together, though?' Ruby's mom wondered, though she didn't voice her concerns. "I suppose if Redclaw is ever going to not be terrorizing everyone, we're going to have to work together." She asserted instead.

~~~~

After a fashion, Redclaw made up his mind. He would patrol his borders while his food settled, as combat was no good on a full stomach. Afterward, he would finally take care of those two large sharpteeth. They had been slinking around his territory for far too long, and Redclaw no longer had the patience for it. He stomped off at a leisurely pace, snarling to get Screech and Thud's attention. They would have probably finished eating by then, anyways.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chomper knew he and his parents ate leafeaters, but it ws ones who would not talk to them or were by themselves an not part of a any sort of heard. Chomper did love the taste of flyers  :DD

"Our parents will help," Rory and Myra said, the fast biters had powerful parents.

"Of course we'll assist you," said Dil and Ichy

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Sounds like that could work.  Though getting a group to organize may be difficult." Blue-eyes said.

"Who would be the leaders?" Deon asked, curious.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"How about my parents and Ruby's parents?" Chomper suggested.

"I'll agree with that, how bout you guys?" asked Rita.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I bet that could work." Deon said.  

"Us?" Ruby's father said, a bit surprised at the suggestion.

"I bet you'd be cool at it dad." Ruby's little brother said.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
"Yeah, definitely!" Ruby's sister all but shouted, agreeing with her brother.

Ruby's mom gave her mate an inquisitive look. Her first priority was, of course, the protection of her children. But if Redclaw remained at large, they could never truly be safe. "Well, non-sharpteeth would probably be more willing to listen to us than to the fasbiters, or Chomper's mom and dad," she offered.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ruby's father nodded, "That is true.  The question would be how to get them to eventually agree to work together, the non sharpteeth and sharpteeth.  Though we could try to get the separate groups of sharpteeth and non sharpteeth to agree to work together before we attempt to think how would we try to assemble them into 1 main group." Ruby's father said.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Dein thought about the suggestion that his son made. Then he smiled.
"That is a great idea my son! I always knew you got your smarts from my side of the family."

Terri grinned as well but decided not to respond to her mates comment but did nuzzle her son in agreement with his idea.

~~~~

Pterano took a step forward and said almost like a child, "P-Please, I'd like to speak with Toot...if thats okay...I'm sure...sure I can convince him to give me another chance. With your help of course."

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"So, knowing Redclaw, we better go find help as soon as possible," Chomper commented.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That does sound like a wise course of action." Blue-eyes said.

"yea, then we can play and have fun when he's gone." Deon said.

"Play, that would be good." Ruby's little Brother said nodding and liking that idea.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Screech and Thud did catch the summons, and grabbing one or two more mouthfuls which they quickly swallowed, they rushed over to where Redclaw was.

~~~~

“Mother has a good point that also makes sense” Ruby  backed up what her mom said, “we might be needed for the talk between the sharpteeth and flatteeth”.

She smiled at her father’s suggestion. “Yes, that is a good idea” she said, “Smaller groups can get along with each other better than bigger groups and then they can help when we want to get bigger groups up”.

She pat her brother on the head, "Yes, when we can all play unafraid will be a very good thing" she agreed.

~~~~

Aqua looked unsure for a bit, then smiled, “Well…ok, I mean I can arrange it, but like I said…I can’t be responsible for what he might say”. She tried to smiled reassuringly though, “Come on, it’s just in the cave over there”.

“We gotta go outside?” Cree asked a bit worriedly. “No, there’s a connecting passageway” the swimmer said, and began leading them off. It was on the tip of his beak for Cree to comment on her leading Pterano, but he opted out of making that comment.

“Um, Toot” Aqua called out once they reached another cave part it seemed, “I’ve uh…I’ve got someone here who wants to talk to you”. The one horned dinosaur, followed by Ridge, the spike tail, came out.

“What are you talking about Aq--”. Toot’s sentence died as he saw who the swimmer had with him. “Why you low down, no good!” he started forward towards the two flyers and  Cree thought they might have to flap up quickly.

Aqua stopped the half charge though, “Toot he, he just wants to talk” she said.

“I bet” Toot frowned in Pterano’s direction once more, “what lies do you fee like feeding us this time that will almost get us killed?!” he asked.

Ridge frowned at their ëleader’s’ attitude, “Ya know, it has been a while since that happened” he pointed out, not that it looked like Toot was listening.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Terri then spoke up.
"Well then it sounds like this is a settled agreement. So once we are sure Redclaw is gone, how should we send?"

Dien turned his head immediately as he said, "I'm going of course! Who else?"

~~~~

Pterano flinched at Toots' response to just seeing him. He tried to speak but his voice came out chocked with fear and regret.
"I-I'm so....sorry. I really am, please....you have t-to believe me. If I'd known those fastbitters were going....to be there...I...I wouldn't have....I just wanted to prove that I could be a good leader. I never meant for things to go so horribly wrong!"
It was at that moment that Pterano for the first time since watching the massacre unfold in front of his eyes, that he began to cry.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We'll go," Ichy and Dil offered.

"What should the rest of us do mom and dad?" Chomper asked.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Play a nice quiet game in here maybe?" Deon said, suggesting the first idea that came to him.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile