The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Life in the Mysterious Beyond

brekclub85 · 540 · 28686

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
The fact that the longneck in his path hadn't yet fled in terror would have surprised Redclaw, had he been in a state that allowed room for such sensation. As it was, only one thing ran through his mind while the form of the flattooth drew rapidly nearer: Prey. He was on a collision course, and if the unfortunate dinosaur didn't think fast it would soon find itself in a very unpleasant situation.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The longneck looked at Redclaw and only froze in fear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We gotta get outta here," Chomper said nervously.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Who are they?" Deon asked pointing to Ruby's family he saw not far ahead.  

"I"m not sure, some fastrunners looks like." Blue-eyes said.   He then called out as they headed towards where the fastrunners were.  He called out in flatteeth language, "Excuse me, do you know the large sharpteeth just ahead?"

"uh, yes, we do.  They are more friendly then some sharpteeth." Ruby's father said, not sure about the fastbiters and surprised they could speak the flatteeth language.

"Mind if we travel with you, there is a not friendly large sharptooth and fastbiters not to far away." Blue-eyes said.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dil walked over to Dein and Terri. "I'll help you fight if necesary," the big belly dragger commented.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby also didn't know what to think about these fastbiter's approach. "There are many sharpteeth who do not like Redclaw as much as we do not like Redclaw" she realized and pointed out, not telling her parents what to do, since she still wasn't sure herself, but pondering through it herself. She made sure to keep really close to her siblilngs though.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yes... I suppose getting away from Redclaw is what we are all doing, and doing so together would probably not be a bad idea."
The fastbiters seemed friendly enough, and Ruby's mom wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. She did, however, fix a wary eye on them, and kept herself positioned herself between the sharpteeth and her children as a precaution.

~~~

Redclaw spared no momentum, and barreled full-force into the longneck's side in a powerful ram. The technique was usually used to stun or catch the adversary off guard, but seeing as the longneck was already under the influence of both, the attack would simply serve to afflict some serious damage.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ruby's Father nodded, "We can go together." He said, keeping his children in front and himself between the two of them, "They are not vary far." He said.  Not sure of them still, but they did seem friendly and not many sharpteeth knew the flatooth language, but he would keep himself between this children and was glad Chomper's parents were not to far.  

"It'll be neat to see them again." Ruby's brother said, finding it amazing that some folks could be so large as Chomper's parents and some of the other types of dinos they've seen, mainly in the distance.

Blue-eyes nodded, "Good, we have not far to travel then." He said getting a big closer but kept himself from getting to close since he guessed the family of fastrunners would be unlikely, and rightly so, to trust 2 strange fastbiters or sharpteeth.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Mom, dad, mind if some of my friends stay with us for a while?" Chomper asked his parents.

Rita already lived with Chomper's family, ever since she lost her parents to longnecks....

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The longneck was knocked onto it's side. It was concious, but defeated

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Both Terri and Dien nodded their heads as Terri said, "Of course, any friend of yours is safe with us!"

Both sharpteeth then stepped forward upon seeing Ruby and her family.

Dien was first to speak.
"Well it's nice to see friendly faces, but I'm guessing you are all running from Redclaw?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Correct," Rory, Greg, and Myra replied in sharptooth.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hello again." Ruby's father says waving.  "Nice to see you again." He said to Chomper's dad.  

Ruby's brother looked up at him and smiled. Not saying anything at the moment.

- - -

Blue-eyes and Deon looked up at Chomper's parents a bit surprised at how large they were.  Both smiled in what they hoped were friendly smiles and waved.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Terri sighed as she shook her head.
"Alright, then where exactly is he? I can certainly smell him, but I can't see him yet."

Dein nodded his head as well.
"We I'm glad we can't see him yet, that gives us time to get away, Everyone follow Chomper, and we'll follow you." He said with a grin.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Over there, killing that longneck," Dil pointed out.

"Follow me guys, my family's cave is a safe place," Chomper called.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby rushed ahead a bit as they all but reached where Chomper and his parents were, "I would be very glad to see you all if I was not seeing you all because we are trying to stay unharmed by Redclaw" she said, she knew Chomper would understand what she meant.

~~~~

Screech and Thud rushed along beside Redclaw even as he barged into the longneck. "Oh...that looks painful" Thud almost seemed to be taking mean pleasure out of making a joke, and Screech just chuckled in support.

Working for Redclaw was a very stressul job, and Screech and Thud outlet whenever they could.

~~~~

"So..." as Cree went to continue and try to say something, the swimmers Cree had stolen from just before rushed by the rock once more. "Ok, if you're begging an appolagy..." Cree began at them.

"No time for that!" one of the swimmer's said, "we could care less right now, words been spreading like sky fire that Redclaw's slowly making his way in this direction, and after he's done terrorizing other dinosaurs he meets he'll probably move on to us next".

"So we're not gonna be around for it!" another comment as they rushed on by.

"Not that we like you" a third said to Cree, "but you boys best take our advice and move on before you're just prey in bitting range for Redclaw!", with that the swimmer's rushed on.

Cree shook his head, "dumb swimmers...like we wouldn't have sense enough to fly higher" Cree commented.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Same here Ruby," Chomper called running. "We're almost there!"

"Wait for me!" Ichy called, flying overhead

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Both Terri and Dein smiled when their cave came into view, and to see Ruby and her family safe as well was another good reason.

"Everyone inside now!" said Dein knowing the children would listen. He then turned and began to wonder if Redclaw would be dumb enough to come this way with.
'I certainly hope he doesn't come this way.' thought Dein to himself as Terri stepped inside the cave as well.

~~~~~~

Pterano gave a quick stutter of fear as he said the sharptooth's name.
"R-Redclaw...coming this way?!" He immediately turned to Cree and looked him in the eyes for a moment, not afraid to show his fear.
"We have to go now Cree...but where...as long as Redclaw is out there almost nowhere is safe, and we cant fly forever!"

Pterano hated admitting it, but he knew he was getting hysterical, but he really couldn't help it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deon and Blue-eyes followed along with the others, "That Redclaw is unnerving, and has the manners of a savage." Blue-eyes said.

"Hurry." Deon said.  

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rita, Rory, Myra, greg, Ichy, and Dil all made into the cave.

"We're safe," Rory panted, a little out of breath

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby's mom followed her family into the cave, definitely grateful to be out of the open.
"Hello! It is very good to see you both here, though I think Ruby is right in that it would be much better if it weren't for Redclaw."
She trusted Chomper's parents, but being around so many sharpteeth simultaneously unnerved her a bit, and she stayed as close to her children as possible.

~~~~

Redclaw bellowed in triumph, and saw to the not so pleasant business of finishing the thing off and assuaging his hunger. Upon eating enough to restore most of his sensibilities, he remembered the little biter and his family. A quick look around revealed that, as expected, all of the creatures who had previously occupied the immediate vicinity had fled. Redclaw uttered a soft growl. In his mind, the two larger sharpteeth posed a significant threat and would have to be dealt with sooner or later. For now, though, he was content with his meal.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby wasted no time in running inside with her siblings. “Oh, I hope no one gets hurt trying to make sure Redclaw does not hurt us” Ruby said.

~~~~

Misty glanced about even as Redclaw’s roars become louder, she spotted a smaller cave off a few paces from them. She nudged Pearl. “Hey…uh Pearl” she indicated the cave, “What’ya think? Stay In the bush and not given away where we are, or try to make it to the cave that might be safer?” she asked .

~~~~

“Pterano…” Cree took hold of both of his brother’s shoulders, “get a grip!”, he gave his brother a light, considering this was Cree, smack only intended to snap him back to his senses. “That overgrown fast biter (this was a joke on Redclaw’s henchmen) is just a big bully, I should know” Cree calmly went about scouting where they were.

He smirked, “You’d be utterly lost without me ya know” Cree added, enjoying getting to say that. “Ok, if I recall lay out correctly, there’s a link of caves a little ways that way, we could possibly avoid detection there until he passes by” Cree flapped up, semi-pulling Pterano along in case he needed it, “Come on Squirt, just  follow me, your big brohter’s got it all figured out” Cree said, taking immense joy in getting to be ontop of something again.

“I mean” he continued as they flapped over to investigate the cave, “the Mysterious Beyond is like huge, he’s got to go somewhere else soon enough and be out of  our scales, or if not, we got out of his scales” Cree shrugged.

~~~~

Screech and Thud all but hopped around nearby. They would have to wait and see if Redclaw left them anything at all, then they could squabble amongst themselves for it, but no one, not even and especially his henchmen, squabbled with Redclaw!