The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

One Long RP

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Deimos's jaw immediately fell. "We were just looking for him."

Ovius shook his head. "Let's go. Lead the way Cyrix!"

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Cyrix looked around for a moment and then said, Deimos you go find Rebecca and Tylr, tell them to meet us at the smoking mountain and then round up anyone else you can. Ovius you come with me, we have one place to check and if I'm right, we all may be in for a lot of trouble in the next few days."

~~~

Hunter wanted to smile, but she didn't simply for the fact that something was definitely wrong with Longtail. Even though she was holding him well enough, she could feel him still resisting. Finally she spoke up, what exactly happened to make this kid so angry Dante?"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos nodded and ran as fast as possible to the sleeping areas. "Tylr, Rebecca! Get up and meet Cyrix, Ovius and myself at the Smoking Mountains! Go there first! I've got to get some others with me!" he shouted.

Deimos then ran to Littlefoot's nest. "Grandmother, Grandfather, Littlefoot! There's an emergency! Cyrix has ordered me to round up as many dinosaurs as I can!"

He then made his way to his own nest, where Raptix was walking around. He hastily swapped his quarterstaff for his stone headed lance.

"So Deimos, what's going on?" Raptix asked.

"No time to explain! Meet me by the Smoking Mountains! I've got to finish rounding up some followers!" Deimos replied. He then dashed off to Cera's nest. "Mr. Threehorn! Cera! There's an emergency!"

Raptix, then took off at full speed towards the Smoking Mountain.

Deimos then looked around. "No...no more." he panted. He then bolted for the Smoking Mountain.

-------------------------

"Cyrix, can I keep my stick around? I mean, I can fight with my bare hands but I'm not Deimos. I prefer fighting with a weapon but I'm not sure if that's safe if we encounter Longtail." Ovius said, following Cyrix.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Littlefoot looked up, "Really?!" he asked excitedly, then frowned a bit, "Uh...I mean..." he sighed with the other part of what he was feeling, a slight guilt, "Grandpa I know you and Grandma only meant the best, and...I didn't want to cause trouble, but yes that does sound good!"

What didn't sound good was the call that Deimos raised and rushed over to deliver.

Littlefoot frowned a bit in worry.

~~~~

It was Kit who stirred to Deimos call first, but Tylr promptly heard it as well.

"Kit go stay with your aunt, I'll be right back" Tylr called as he flapped up, it was the back-up babysitting plan and curious though she was as to what was going on, especially if it invovled Longtail's Uncle Cyrix, she obeyed and flapped over to where Petrie and his siblings and mother were.

"What going on?" Petrie asked, having noticed to an extent the commotion as well.

"I don't know, but it has to do with Mr. Cyrix and my dad's gotta meet with him" she let a hopeful smile show, "maybe...maybe it's about the grown-ups changing their mind about Longtail".

~~~~

Topsy of course had reservations about just getting all panicky over this odd member of the valley's call, but he wasn't one to let the word 'emergency' pass by.

"Watch the girls" he told Tria before making his way to where Grandpa and Grandma stood, "Any idea what this is about?" he asked, almost daring the situation itself to be about him again...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck smiled at Littlefoot's enthusiasm and nodded his head.
"As your grandparents it is still our job to protect you, and to see that you are as happy as can be." said Grandpa

Grandma then spoke up, "And we may have forgotten that." She then reached down and nuzzled her grandson and continued speaking. "Thank you for not being mad at us."

Grandpa then said, "Perhaps we should follow Deimos' advise and head over to the smoking mountain. If what he says is true, then those gathered there will need our help."

~~~

Cyrix nodded his head to Ovius' request.
"Of course you can keep a weapon...if anything, it might keep you alive, Longtail despite his age is extremely skilled for a flyer. Anything that can protect you I say use it." He then turned and looked up at the smoking mountain. "I'm so worried...not just for Longtail, but for everyone. The valley's judgement seems to be...clouded now...and I can't understand why."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos returned to the Smoking Mountains. "Cyrix, Ovius! I have rounded up as much as possible."

"Erm, what's with the spear?" Ovius asked, tapping his stick against the ground.

"A spear has higher lethality and intimidation factor. We may need it." Deimos replied.

Raptix looked at Cyrix. "Cyrix, what's going on?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante sighed.
"It's the elders again.  They're being unreasonable, and they're keeping him from seeing the younglings..."
He trailed off...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter groaned aloud.
"Of course...but that still doesn't explain why he's so angry right now...he seems determined to hurt someone, even if its himself."

~~~~

Cyrix hoped he hadn't gathered everyone here this late at night for nothing....but just as he was trying to come up with an explanation, the ground shuddered several times and then a familiar  voice rang out.

"Hello everyone, Glad to see we can all be here for this....historic occasion." commented Bleeding Heart with a cruel and twisted laugh.

The other sickle claws and fastbiters that traveled with him also appeared out of the surrounding trees and bushes with grins and sly smiles on their faces.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos and Ovius readied their weapons.

Raptix picked up a small but sharp stone shard to use as a weapon.

"Cyrix, who's going to see if Longtail's okay?" Raptix asked.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Is this the entire reason for dragging us here?!" Topsy couldn't help roaring, not meaning really to blame Cyrix but going off impulsive emotion same as he always did.

"Now you know Cyrix had some ohter reason for us to be here and...well, is it really a shock the sharpteeth followed a large congregating herd of us" Tylr preparing himslef to defend once the first bite or slash was delivered, but he wasn't going to be foolish and start if off himself, plus...the stand off was a good time to take stock of exactly what they fought here...as unreassuring as such a sizing up was...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix sighed inwardly as he spoke up.
"We don't have time to worry about Longtail, he can handle himself if he gets into trouble!" He then looked to Bleeding heart and asked, "What do you mean 'historic moment'?!"

The giant Sharptooth simply smiled showing his rows of teeth and said, "Surely you Cyrix know what's soon to happen here...two fighters are going to be on top of this very Smoking mountain and one of them is going to die...and I'm guessing one of them is Longtail. This should be fun especially since I know there are some of you here in the valley who don't even like him at all."

Rahzorr stepped forward and roared.
"I WANT TO KILL THEM! CAN I KILL THEM MASTER?!?"

Bleeding Heart chuckled and stepped forward. "No...not yet." And he continued to stare down at the valley herd with a sadistic grin on his face.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dromaeo licked his claws; claws that he had honed with a rough stone and water until they were nearly as sharp as a piece of broken stone.

Red-Eye impatiently tapped the butt of his stone headed lance against the ground.

Procella licked the flat side of her stone knife.

----------------------

Deimos swore under his breath.

"Raptix, see if Longtail's fine." he muttered.

Raptix nodded and ran up the Smoking Mountain.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix watched Raptix run up the side of the mountain and sighed, but was glad that no one had moved to fighting yet...the tension however was becoming rather stressful even for Cyrix and he began to shuffle his feet but never once took his eyes off of Bleeding Heart. He however did say "Tylr...please try to find Longtail. He may be in incredible danger."

Both Grandma and Grandpa Longneck were also at the ready not sure what was going to happen.

~~~

Longtail had finally stopped struggling for a moment. He was biding his time...and he knew the moment Hunter let up, he was going to get free...

And Hunter finally sighed and lifted one of her paws off of Longtail's back and was surprised and shocked to feel Longtail's tail whip her across the face knocking her onto her back.

Longtail then jumped forward and bit Dante on the nose drawing blood and scratched at his neck with a feral rage in his eyes.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Raptix climbed up into the cave where Longtail, Hunter and Dante were fighting. His eyes widened as he saw Longtail bite Dante. He quickly ran down the path so fast he nearly fell down the path.

"Cyrix...Longtail...Longtail....he...he..." Raptix stammered.

"Spit it out already!" Ovius said.

"Longtail's attacking Dante!" Raptix said.

"What!?" exclaimed Deimos.

Raptix nodded.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante's eyes hardened, and he grabbed Longtail and threw him across the cave.
"You little...That's it!  You're going down!"
He hissed evilly...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix looked rather stunned as he stuttered, "no...no. Y-you must've be mistaken! Longtail and Dante are like brothers!"

Longtail smiled as he replied, "come and get me!" he then flapped his wings and began heading up towards the peak of the smoking mountain.

Hunter shook her head to clear the dizziness and then tried to call to Dante.
"Don't hurt him! He's still your friend!"

Grandpa Longneck was surprised when he'd heard what Raptix had said. He looked down at Littlefoot with an apologetic look on his face.

Grandma Longneck leaned down to Littlefoot and nuzzled him.
"Don't worry I'm sure Longtail and Dante will work this out...they always do."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Raptix shook his head. "I wish I was making this up. I really wish. We'll need to stop them before either of them get hurt."

Deimos, upon hearing this dashed up the side of the Smoking Mountain.

"Deimos, wait!" Ovius shouted.

"I am not waiting for commands, we need to protect Longtail and Dante!" Deimos shouted.

Ovius sighed and followed.

Raptix swore under his breath. "Cyrix, shall I stay here or follow them?"

------------------------

Deimos and Ovius hastily entered the cave.

"Dante! Longtail! What are you doing?!" Deimos demanded. His spear was in a ready position.

Ovius soon followed. "Raptix was right." he muttered.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix was quick to react as he stepped forward and said, "No! Raptix we'll need you here. Just relax and let everything take it's course."

Longtail was halfway up the smoking mountain when he noticed Deimos and Ovius scaling the mountain and trying to call out to them. He swiftly turned around and bared his teeth and claws as he replied, "GET AWAY FROM ME! NONE OF YOU WANT TO HELP ME!!! YOU JUST WANT TO BRING ME DOWN AGAIN!!!!"

Grandma Longneck looked up to the sky only to see the swirling storm cloud get worse and spin faster. "Oh dear, this storm could be trouble."

Grandpa Longneck sighed as well as he replied, "It certainly isn't helping matters."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante saw Ovius and Deimos near the entrance to the cave.
"Out of my way.  Or do you want to die, too?"
He snarled, shoving past them and following Longtail...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Dante, Longtail, we are here to help." Deimos shouted, giving chase to the two.

"Deimos, are you crazy!?" Ovius asked.

Deimos looked back at Ovius and winked. "Maybe but I do not intend to abandon either of them"

Ovius sighed and ran after them.

----------------

Raptix's tail twitched nervously but he obeyed Cyrix's command.