The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

One Long RP

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"True" Rea had to admit in a small voice. She glanced down to Cory, but her son put on a brave face, "Yeah, well if all Longtail needs is a little yelling at to straighten out and get you all to feel better about him being around, we can handle that" he said.

Rea could hear the worry behind her son's words though and just smiled a bit sadly.

~~~~

Littlefoot remained at his spot too, just staring, as if waiting for his grandmother to come into view as well.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Before anyone could stop him, Ovius seized Deimos's spear and followed Longtail. "With pleasure!" he shouted.

Deimos started in shock as Ovius ran up the now shaking volcano. His right side was sore from Ovius's kick.

"I never thought Ovius would do that. He has a short temper but this was something I did not expect." He then decided to follow Ovius.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante raced up the volcano, kicking off rocks and such as he pursued Longtail, a murderous grin on his face...

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail was now at the very peak of the smoking mountain, and despite the smoke and heated fire water, a platform could be seen stretching over the entire hole of the volcano, and Longtail not having any other options raced out into the very center of the platform and turned to face Dante, Ovius and Deimos with a wicked and pure evil grin on his face with the fire water casting an even more sinister glow.

~~~

Grandma Longneck stepped over a small hill and her eyes spotted both her mate and Littlefoot, and she sighed in relief as she realized they were safe and sound. "I'm so glad you two are alright." she said once she was within hearing range. She then turned to Rae and Cory. "You can stay with us until this is over if you'd like." she said, being polite.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Littlefoot rushed forward to nuzzle his grandmother's leg in relief that she was alive.

"Thankyou" Rae said with a grateful smile, "Looks like we should all just stick together for a bit.

From where he flew ahead, much as the smoke would allow, Tylr heard this and knew it was directed at him. He landed, "I"m just seeing if I can...see anything" he sighed.

Kit landed near Cory, "I think he's as worried over Longtail as the rest of us but won't show it" she said.

"Yeah small wonder there" Cory said, "Someone should knock some sense into him".

"No Cory" Kit said, knowing what her friend was thinking and knowing it was way off limits.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante leapt into the air, landing on the platform and facing Longtail.
"Well, this is appropriate for a place to have a showdown, isn't it?"
He chuckled, then faced his friend coldly...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail laughed sickly while the smoking mountain continued to spew fire and smoke all around. He grinned at Dante's statement and replied, "That is the only thing we can agree on now." Longtail then bared his teeth and stood ready for the next attack to begin this legendary fight.

~~~~

Grandma Longneck nodded her head and agreed with Kit.
"Yes Cory, Kit is right. All of this trouble started because of others physically harming Longtail. Doing more would only give him reason to doubt us more." she then nuzzled Littlefoot in return and asked, "Does anyone else have any idea what can be done to protect the other dinosaurs in the valley?"

It was at this moment Cyrix stepped forward.
"We....we may not have any other options except..." he sighed as he didn't have the heart to finish that sentence.

And Grandma Longneck knew what he was getting at as she replied, "No Cyrix....we will not dare think of execution at a time like this!"

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yeah!" Cory said, shocked Cyrix would suggest that. When he'd said 'knock some sense' he'd meant a friends type slap...from a kid's point of view anway, "and I would think...".

Kit reached over to gently shut Cory's swimmer's beak before his mother scooped her son up. "Now Cory, I know this is stressful but I'll not have you talk back". Cory sighed.

"Littlefoot, what are you thinking..." Kit hopped closer to her friend as the longneck was silent. Littlefoot sighed and tried to whisper without the grown-ups hearing, but that was hard to do with so few about and no group to hide in essentially.

"Just...that we need to do something, but I'm not sure what..." he answered.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You're outnumbered!" Deimos shouted, "Give up! It doesn't have to be this way!"

"Longtail has attacked a member of the community. For that he must die," Ovius replied, leveling his spear at Longtail. His eyes held nothing but pure hatred and bloodlust.

-------------------

Raptix and Hadros looked at the Smoking Mountain.

"Longtail's not coming down without a fight...and we..." Hadros gulped.

Raptix looked away. "Cyrix, I am afraid we really have no choice. Deimos, Ovius and Dante are up there and I have a feeling they all want a piece of Longtail. Add to the fact that weapons are present and that Deimos is perfectly willing to gouge eyes or bite off fingers or even limbs in a fight and I have a feeling that Longtail may not come out alive or even in one piece."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante turned and faced Ovius.
"Pheh.  He's mine and mine alone to kill.   Get in my way, and you'll die.  Got it?"
He sneered darkly...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix stepped back from Raptix and Hadros and replied, "Well then let's hope that Longtail isn't as stupid as some in this valley believe him to be, and comes to his senses soon."

Grandma Longneck leaned down to face Littlefoot and sighed.
"I may not like what's happening here in the valley, but sometimes, the circle of life has to take it's course...and if that means those of us who hate to wait have to stand aside and wait....then...that is all we can do. I'm sorry but Longtail is the only one who can end this fight, and I'm afraid that his mind is clouded by fear and that makes any decisions he makes dangerous to himself and anyone around him."

~~~

Up on the Smoking mountain Longtail could still feel the mountain exploding around him and he couldn't help but smile darkly as he stepped towards Dante. "well...are we going to fight or what you sentimental fool?!" he cried out in rage.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Littlefoot sighed and nodded, "Yeah...I know" he said.

"So wait, for once we're not sneaking off?!" Cory asked.

"Longtail in a fight like this is different than...lost water or sharpteeth or stuff" Kit told him.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandma Longneck gently licked her grandson and replied, "Once the Smoking Mountain stops spitting firewater and fire rocks perhaps once it's deemed safe we can go looking for Longtail. How does that sound?"

Cyrix whispered under his breath, "If he's alive you mean..."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos was frozen by shock as he watched Ovius, Dante and Longtail face off.

Ovius said nothing but spat in Dante's direction. "I want a piece of him too," he said icily, bloodlust gleaming in his eyes. Without warning he charged at Longtail  murderous scream and repeatedly kept trying to stab him.

Deimos rushed forward to take Ovius down but Ovius pivoted and slashed Deimos across the face, leaving a long line of red. "Get closer and I'll spear you!" he screamed.

Deimos backed off, he knew that entering this 3 dinosaur battle was suicidal.

--------------------------

Raptix could hear the screaming from the top of the Mountain.

"Cyrix! Ovius is actually trying to kill someone up there! It's either Deimos, Longtail, Dante or possibly all of them!" Raptix said.

"What's gotten into Ovius?" Hadros asked.

Raptix shrugged. "Wish I knew. Could it be... no..." he said.

"What?"

"The Stone of Cold Fire. Could it be making those three extremely aggressive?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix blinked for a moment at what Raptix had said.
"I don't think so....but Longtail is half sharptooth, and he's still getting used to his sharptooth like abilities, and his rage may just be affecting the others near him...but I suppose we can't rule anything out...even though I believe the stone of cold fire is a silly story." he replied with a thoughtful expression.

~~~

Longtail dodged backwards and sent a red hot stone towards Ovius aiming specifically for the spear he held in his claws, knowing Ovius was rather lousy at claw to claw combat. "Try and fight me now!" he shouted aloud.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ovius batted the hot stone back with the butt of his spear. The stone scorched the wood it it did not catch fire. Even though he was nowhere as strong as Deimos, he was far faster and much more agile. "You'll have to try harder than that!" He then repeatedly thrust his spear at Longtail.

"Ovius! Stop this madness!" Deimos shouted.

Ovius turned around and kicked a stone at Deimos. Deimos was struck full in the chest by the rock and he fell to the ground.

He then slowly made his way down the mountain.

When he arrived at the bottom he was breathing heavily.

"What happened?" Hadros asked, noticing the large bruise on his chest.

"Ovius kicked a stone at me," Deimos replied. "Cyrix, we cannot reason with them. They are antagonistic to all who wish to interfere."

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Littlefoot nodded, "I guess it's all we can do" he realized, "and thanks Grandma, for...understanding and all and not just sending us to our nests".

"Not that that doesn't sound like a very safe plan with all this going on..." Cory's mother said. At her son's frown she smiled, "but I won't...since I know you wouldn't stay anyway".

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandma nodded her head as she replied, "I was once a hatchling myself. Although being as far away from the Smoking mountain does indeed sound like a rather nice idea." She turned to her mate with a concerned face.

Grandpa Longneck for his part was rather stunned at the amount of fire and smoke that came from the mountain and to the fact that anyone could actually survive up there.

Cyrix wasn't at all surprised by the news Deimos brought back.
"I figured this might happen. Well now all we can do is wait and see if those involved can survive and return safely to us."

~~~

Longtail dodged out of the spears path and growled.
"What's the matter Ovius can't fight with your claws....what kind of sharptooth are you then?! Must not be a very good one!" he taunted aloud.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I am not a sharptooth!" Ovius shouted back, "And smart sharpteeth fight with anything that's at hand! Just ask Deimos!"

He then kicked some stones at Longtail and attacked him again with the spear.

----------------

"Well, we can assure that those involved will come back in one piece," Hadros said looking at Deimos.

"What?" Deimos asked.

"I know how you fight: extraordinarily dirty."

"So? Ovius and Raptix fight just as dirty as I do," Deimos replied with a shrug.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix looked at Deimos and Hadros and replied with a serious tone, "Yes well as dirty as they fight...Longtail's fighting is so unorthodox he may just surprise the other two."

~~~

Longtail stepped to the side as Ovius drove the spear at him again and he bit down and snapped the spear in half. "Fight me now ya coward!!!" he called as he stepped closer to the center of the platform nearest the fire water as another massive earthshake shook the entire mountain.