The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Quick Notice

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Recently, I have made two of my videos private. The reason why is because they had been blocked everywhere, although they will still play for me. When I read the Copyright Information, I find that, unlike my other videos, which are blocked by audio, those two particular vids were blocked because of visual content by NBC Universal.

It seems Universal is starting to crack down on videos using their content. With me, they blocked my two vids for everyone except me, since I could view them just fine. So far it is only those two videos that were blocked and I haven't gotten a warning for any other video. Heck, I didn't even get an e-mail about NBC claiming the visual content. Not sure why.

I figured I'd let everyone know about this, especially those with LBT content up on YT.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
God what the heck is with these greedy companies? Why is it too hard to let people use things for PERSONAL PLEASURE and NON PROFIT uses? I mean come on! How paranoid can they be?

So what now all LBT videos are going to be banned from Youtube? These companies suck!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if a huge copyright claim wave is going on. I just thought I'd give people a heads up that NBC Universal has been claiming some content. So far, it's not as bad as when companies like Disney were removing stuff.

As for why they are doing it, not sure, but I'm not surprised. Universal is a big company and I did expect them to, sooner or later, start claiming videos. Annoying, yeah, but not much we can do about it. Perhaps some kind of agreement will be made in the future. But for now, we'll just have to deal with big companies like this removing videos from places like YouTube.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
So why not remove every single LBT video ever made on every single website and never again allow us to express our passion.

Well maybe if Universal weren't so damn lazy and made another LBT movie or renew the tv series then people wouldn't be as inclined to live their love for LBT through these things that just keep getting removed anyway.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It takes a very long time to create a movie. Land Before Time has had several movies created, many of them likely were being created at the same time (as evidenced by LBT 3 and LBT 4). After creating so many movies, Universal is likely "burnt out" by it, plus, as I've heard before, LBT wasn't bringing in enough money anymore and it costs a lot of money to create a movie.

Considering that Universal has spent the last 10 or so years creating movies for LBT, as well as being a part of many other movies as well (LBT is not their only product) the idea that they are "lazy" doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
That was mainly me bringing out how pissed off I am with Youtube and stuff. I know it how hard it is to make a movie, so I'm being unfair towards them.

But I mean is it really too much to allow people to use LBT clips for personal pleasure and for non profit uses?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I know it's difficult to deal with but rules are rules.  Youtube and other places just don't have the backbone to resist the unreasonable demands of conceited companies like Universal Studios.  That's one of the main reasons I opened my own server.  They're just being unreasonable.  AMV's and other such material don't hurt Universal in any way and there's no reason why stuff like this shouldn't be allowed to exist on the internet.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Youtube really started sucking after Google got a hold of it.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Jul 26 2009 on  10:00 PM
Youtube really started sucking after Google got a hold of it.
Agreed.

I've seen many AMVs ruined with totally unfitting music not to mention most of the OSTs I want to listen to are gone.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've always thought Youtube sucked because of their unreasonable policies and crappy service.  The service got better when Google took over, but their policies have been enforced even more.  They're no longer just "unreasonable", they're insane! :anger

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
They've been getting me for more than a year now with LBT 10 content alone.  Yeah, I can't even do a freaking screenshot from that movie.  Unless I do some sort of insane coding technique, there's no way I can get anything from that movie on there.  You have no idea how many times I've wanted to put Adventuring and Bestest Friends up there.

It just gets worse.  I've already gotten some of my videos to not be allowed in some countries.  Yeah, some countries don't get to enjoy LBT on YouTube.  It sucks!

YouTube was meant to be more than this.  The original owner used to share information about what his dream was for this site.  This isn't it.

Does he care now though?  No.  Thanks to Google, he got 1.3 Billion Dollars for his site.  Why should he care when he doesn't have to work a day in his life anymore?

Yeah, gives me every reason to make my site, doesn't it? :rolleyes: