The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Uploading Videos to Youtube

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Recently in my first experiments using Windows Movie Maker I created a set of videos that featured only audiotracks I got off of Itunes.  It worked out great until I tried to upload them, at which point I got the message,

"File Format Invalid: The file you are uploading is not a valid video file."

And yet it is a .wma, which is one of their accepted file types... I tried lowering the bit rate to 62kbps but it didn't help at all.  Anyone who is experienced with this kind of thing have a suggestion to help?

Caustizer.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
.wma (Windows Media Audio) is not an accepted file type, .wmv (Windows Media Video) is.

Remember, YouTube only accepts videos - they don't accept audio files like .wma :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It was giving me an error last night too.. Didn't get specific information though, just 'error'

But it did get uploaded somehow.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
.wmv, .avi, .mpg and .flv are the best ones to upload in my experience.  If none of those work, then you have a serious problem.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I upload in .flv format, but Exalibur is right on the money. Youtube wont accept an audio file. Your best solution might be to use a still frame for the entire video if your intentions are audio only, this keeps the file size low.

A good example is the many songs from various albums on Youtube, where people just use the album cover as a still frame.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah thanks for the help... i fixed the problem.