The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How To Post Images In The Forums 101

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Hello all and welcome to "How to post images in the forums 101"

To post an image in a forum it first needs to be on a photo hosting website like photobucket.com,tinypic.com or imageshack.com. You can also use images that are already on the web by right clicking the image and copying the image location - the image location is the same as a direct link.

To post the image you need to use an IMG code. The one I use is [IMG* the direct link of the image] because it is very simple. Notice the asterisk at the end of the IMG? You need to remove that before you post so that the code will function properly.

For example:

If you right click on the above image and click on 'Copy Image location' you can then paste it into the IMG code.

*****IMG Code Formats*****

[IMG*]http://i49.tinypic.com/2i8yt08.jpg[/IMG]

Make sure you are removing the asterisks (*). And you should get your picture

Make sure you don't delete some of the HMTL by mistake!

Feel free to ask any questions,and I hope this has help some people.

Thanks!
Nahla

*****Nahla's Troubleshoot Guide*****

~ It didn't work! Why?
Did you make sure you put in *all* the [brackets] and take out the asterisk (*)? Also, I see a *lot* of people just posting the URL without using the code, if you don't use the code then it is just text - make sure it is in one of the IMG code formats.

~ I don't see "copy image location" when I right click.
Not all images are going to have that option, it depends on where they are hosted and who posted them.

~I did everything right but my image is just showing blank.
Some images that you find on the internet are coded so that they can't be accessed by an IMG code.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
very helpful :D
 I'll need it when I finally upload my avatar within the next weeks :lol
Inactive, probably forever.