The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ali is Unfaithful

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure if much can be done or not, except for maybe folks letting others know who made the real video.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
this guy, mahmood, is someone I know. he is in my LBT group on YouTube.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Then you can tell him that stealing and plagiarism are wrong.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
well, technically, that is pokeplayer's place to flag the video. it technically isn't stealing, if it is free.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Once Pokeplayer is informed then everything is up to Pokeplayer whether any action is taken or not.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have just flagged it.  Hopefully, the mods will listen and fully remove it.

Thank you for informing me of this.

No one takes my hard work and gets away with it. :mad

well, technically, that is pokeplayer's place to flag the video. it technically isn't stealing, if it is free.

Source: Dictionary.com

plagiarism

noun
1.  a piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work  
2.  the act of plagiarizing; taking someone's words or ideas as if they were your own

plagiarism

Literary theft. Plagiarism occurs when a writer duplicates another writer's language or ideas and then calls the work his or her own. Copyright laws protect writers' words as their legal property. To avoid the charge of plagiarism, writers take care to credit those from whom they borrow and quote.

Plagiarism doesn't just apply to stories, but anything else someone might work on. (Videos, games, art, etc.) It is an offensive as serious as stealing.

So, techinically speaking, it is STILL stealing even though it's free.

After all, I worked hard on that thing.  I don't want anyone stealing it. -_-

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope things turn out for the best for you.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Great!  After blocking him and having the mods remove the vid, he had to just go and put it back up.

Well, I then decided to send him a message, requesting him to remove the vid.  So I go writing the message, in the most sincere way I could for this guy, and I find out that he has the "friend lock" on.  So, in order for me to send the message I have to send a friend invite and have him accept it.

As for now, I've sent him the invite, but if he doesn't listen after that, things are going to get ugly.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I just sent him a message myself. He has also stolen the works from other YT members, myself included. I thought he only posted up mine because I did not upload to YT anymore, but he's also uploaded videos that already exist on YT it seems.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
what's this? A video thief?

*growls and goes to get his swatter**

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I fell a little bad, now. I noticed that the video link that poekplayer984 posted wasn't down yet, so a made a couple of comments. This "mahmood1993" guy made a whim-whamsy replay, and I really gave him a lot of beef over it. I certainly didn't soft-pad anything. After reading my latest comment, it did sound a little cruel, but I didn't like getting whim-whamsied around. Mabey that'll get our point across. It looks like a "Avesfox" joined the fray. :)

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Yes, indeed

and I spoke my best. though I've noticed a typo in my comment. Youtube needs to enable comment editing

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: AvestheForumFox,Dec 5 2007 on  10:37 PM
and I spoke my best. though I've noticed a typo in my comment. Youtube needs to enable comment editing
Yes, indeedy.

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
It's kinda sad, actually. He didn't even make the effort to change the description or tags. Talk about lazy :\

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, he lost all his vids.  He he!  That's what you get for commiting plagiarism. :^.^:

Hopefully, he will learn from this. :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
It seems he removed the vids himself. Or at least he removed your video himself, Pokeplayer. Maybe my warning got through to him. I told him he could end up getting banned if he didn't remove videos he posted up without permission.

And of course he got pressure from other members as well. I hope he doesn't do this again.