The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Movies Now on my YouTube Account

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Getting nothing for an idea, I've decided to just put up all the LBT Movies that I can.

I've put up the original and two, and am now putting up the third one.  At the rate I'm going, I'm guessing half a week before they are all up.

Due to the rules, I don't know if I'll be able to get them all up, but we'll see.

In the meantime, enjoy!

See ya later! :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Are you allowed to do that?! I thought Youtube had pretty strict guidelines on placing full length feature films on their site  :unsure: I.E. "not to do it!" I don't have a Youtube account personally so I might be wrong but from what I understand they've pretty much bumped off any thing like current running series episodes and feature length films coz it's technically a breach of copyright laws.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well littlefoot90 already had some german/dutch movies of LBT on his youtube and nobody ever caught him on that.

Cool though :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Just be aware John youtube can and may throw you off.  I'm not saying it will happen (LBT 1 has been on youtube for a long time now) but you might hurt yourself in the long run since a lot of people like your music videos.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
do you even respect the youtube copy-write laws and the fact that Amblin entertainment can sue you????
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: metadude1234,Apr 13 2009 on  07:31 AM
do you even respect the youtube copy-write laws and the fact that Amblin entertainment can sue you????
The only thing that is likely to happen on YouTube, if Universal decided to take down the movies, is..well just that. The movies will be taken down and Pokeplayer may lose his account, depending on how many are removed.

To be honest, I had mixed feelings about this idea myself, when I first found out he was uploading movies. If it was just the first movie, then perhaps I would have felt better. But uploading several movies is a huge risk.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, though. I'm just saying that one should not let their guard down and be prepared for the unexpected.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Apr 13 2009 on  03:29 AM
Are you allowed to do that?! I thought Youtube had pretty strict guidelines on placing full length feature films on their site  :unsure: I.E. "not to do it!" I don't have a Youtube account personally so I might be wrong but from what I understand they've pretty much bumped off any thing like current running series episodes and feature length films coz it's technically a breach of copyright laws.
That's just the thing.  They DON'T take it seriously.  Not even a single LBT video should be on there, period.  That's the rule Universal has.  Yet, there they are.

And yet, I really don't think it's such a bad thing to put them up, especially considering LBT's condition. (The LBT office being closed and Universal not making any sales off of LBT.) Considering the way things are now, this is one of the few ways fans can enjoy them now.

Plus, the LBT fans of YouTube wanted this, so I'm happy to oblige.

Anyways, I'll be putting up the 4th later today.  That's right!  The one with Ali.  And get this, a number of the LBT YouTube fans... DON'T EVEN KNOW HER!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Still, you probably should not let your guard down, because Universal could still start taking down the movies if they want to.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Apr 13 2009 on  08:44 AM
Still, you probably should not let your guard down, because Universal could still start taking down the movies if they want to.
I really don't let my guard down on my videos really.  I check them DAILY.  Several times a day in fact.

Furthermore, I check to see if even the first part of the movie can be put up.  If not, I remove it immediately and forget about putting the rest of it up.  So far, with the first 3, that hasn't seemed to be necessary.

So yeah, I'm not letting my guard down here.  Who knows when it will get removed?  Only time will tell.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I agree. Definitely be careful with this. I tried doing this already, and for the longest time I had the first 11 movies up. But then the moment I tried to upload LBT XIII, they caught me and made me take down ALL of the movies, minus my music videos. Later because of the music copywrights, which are lame, they made me take some of the music videos i made down as well.

If all else fails, just find another video sharing website. Youtube has lost a lot of appeal from me :(

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A lesser known site may work, at least for a time. The lesser known a site is, the longer the videos may go undetected by the copyright holders. It may mean less people see your videos, but it may be worth it if you want the videos to stay up a long time.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, the fourth is well on it's way now.  However, it is taking a while for ANY part to be put up.  Why?  Well, there's a reason.

The truth is I figured, "Hey, if I'm going to do this, I'm going to give them the BEST quality I can offer.".  I'm really not skimping out here.  Nearly 10 minutes long for each part and being 160 MB on .avi codec.  Yes, I know, I could compress it, and STILL get High Quality and everything, but I really don't want to.  I want to give them the BEST I can.  Nothing less.

So yes, the 8 parts will take a while, but it'll be worth it. :)

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
just don't get caught........

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
it would suck for the movies to be taken down........

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I thought having something saying I dont own Land before Time or Universal owns the movie in the description will leave you be :o still new to youtube though

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: babidikrakenguard,Apr 13 2009 on  04:57 PM
I thought having something saying I dont own Land before Time or Universal owns the movie in the description will leave you be :o still new to youtube though
Here's their excuse after removing it:

"It's still copyrighted."

Getting around it is tougher with YouTube then you think.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The whole "it's still copyrighted" excuse is not exclusive to YouTube.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^I know, but it just gets really annoying at YouTube.

I mean, you work hard at creating a video of your favorite couple on a show with some great song in the background, or even just try to put up an old show no ones seen in years, or possibly a number of things, and they remove it.  Why?  It's the same old excuse:

"It's copyrighted material."

And then it suddenly feels like all that hard work you put up with has gone to waste.  It just... hurts.

I understand where they come from with this excuse.  I get it!  It belongs to someone, blah, blah, blah!

Yet, this does not make up for the hurt that I and many others have felt just because of this rule.  Deep down, something just doesn't feel right about it.

Anyways, four is fully up now.  Time to work on the fifth movie!  Yep, the one where Chomper returns.

See ya later! :^.^:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, they won't let me put up LBT 6.  So, it turned out to be a complete waste of time to split up the parts.

However, I wonder why the songs made it.  I mean, I have all three up there, so I have NO idea why they're on there.  However, I have a feeling they'll be gone soon now. :(

Oh well, time to do 7. :)