The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dinosonas

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I love these new drawings guys! ^^

Hehe, Anna, your dinosauna makes me think of an adult Ducky. :)

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
I still need to draw my dinosona, but here's what I got:

A Therizinosaurus like this dude --> http://isismasshiro.deviantart.com/gallery...fset=10#/dc5ulz

Except I'm a girl....
Bio:
Name- Friends call her Sparky!!  :D
Username- FlipperBoidSkua or any 'versions' of that (FBS; FlipperBoid; even SkuaGirl once)
Gender- I'm pretty sure I'm female.... *double-checks* Yup, I'm female!!  :lol:
Physical Description- Black upper-colors (since I got black hair) with a few small red and gold streaks (I have small bits of red and gold highlights). The underparts a tannish, light brown color (representing my skin color). The white face markings are silver and her eyes are a solid brown.
Personality- Nervous, quiet and reserved with strangers; talkative (perhaps too much so :p ) with those she's a bit more comfortable with. Loves anything sweeeeeeeet (CHOCOLATE!!!!). Also loves to have fun!! Self-confidence pretty low, and she tends to look a bit on the negative side of things. It's difficult to anger her, but when she is angry, she tends to hold it all in with nothing more than a few grumbles. On the occasions she 'explodes', it tends to be very violent (that got me sent to the therapist several times.....), although the violence is taken out on inanimate objects. She feels awkward giving her opinions on anything (especially if they differ from others) as she's been raised to keep her thoughts to herself or risk getting punished. She's a spazz and a weirdo and a bit anti-social with peers. While she's not particularly fond of kids (as they tend to annoy her), she always finds herself being a kid-magnet (I'm not sure why, but I can never escape their attention!!). She loves the 'animals' of the LBT world and spends much time observing them peacefully. She's also afraid of heights, though she envies the Flyers for their flight abilities. Her sense of humor is leaning towards the sarcastic-kind and she also gets a kick out of being random (Whoooo!). Whenever startled or in sudden pain, she lets out a loud and literal "Eep!". Despite her size, her footsteps tend to be silent and she unintentionally startles her friends with her 'sudden', unexpected appearance (How many times do I walk by casually and startle everyone around me? :P:). She tries her best to stay on everyone's good side and make everyone happy, though she does hold an eternal grudge list of those who crossed her just a little too much.....One of the remnants of her past....

That's what I got! I was torn between what species of dino I could be; my choices were a Flyer, a Fast Biter, a Domehead, or a Therizino (would probably be called a Longclaw in the LBT world...). I thought, since I already have OCs of the first three, why not give some love to a dino not many people know about or appreciate? Then this Dinosona was born!  :D

Hopefully I'll have the drawing done soon.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I guess I'll post mine. I can't draw though. My drawing skills are absolutely horrid. So I won't post a picture of it. Sorry. Here it is!

Name: Hope. Although I prefer to be called Nana in the LBT universe. Or in this case the RP.

Username: LBTDiclonius.

Age: Around 13 or 14. Considedered an adolesent in the dinosaur world.

Species: Apatasaurus. Longneck

Appearance: Mahogany body with a darker color of Mahogany going down the wave at the back of her head, to the tip of her tail (Basically the stripes like Littlefoot's or Ali's) with a white snout with white going under her lip on her under belly, and down to the tip of her tail. With brown eyes and long eyelashes.

Personality: Very open and friendly. And it takes a lot to get on her bad side, but if someone goes to far she loses it and explodes. Likes to hang out with friends, but likes to be alone for awhile and enjoy the surroundings and take things slowly. A huge optimist that alway's looks on the bright side of things and does whatever she can to help people and put a smile on their face. Helpful and pitches in a lot to make sure they get done. Very determined and will push through any type of pain to get whatever she's doing done. Doesn't do very well in a huge crowd and prefers being with 1 or 2 people. Is almost incapable of holding a grudge and apoligizes to whoever she got angry with very quickly. Alway's tries to make things better when she's done something wrong and is very musical. She likes singing and sometimes will sing a random song just for the heck of it. She's very self-concious and doesn't like to get involved in things that will humiliate her. She will stand up to anyone if their bullying another person and isn't afraid to get in someone's face to make things right and prove a point.

And, that's about it. Yeah, that's kinda my personality. I'm not making this up. Boy, it was hard to write.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you for posting these guys, it gives a clearer view on who your characters will be like and what we expect from you.

Again, thank you.

*looks at the history of this thread*

Interesting how this thread was just a general question thread at first, then it became part of an rp sensation! Or at least...my rp's sensation. :p lol

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Your welcome Rat_lady7. :)  

P.S. When do we start posting on the RP?

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Boy, it was hard to write.

It is a bit hard for me to describe my own personality, too! There's just so much I want to put in and some stuff I just can't find the words for!  :)

And no prob, Rat_lady7. I consider it an honor to be allowed into your RP and I await anxiously for the time you guys start waking up in the morning  :D !

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: FlipperBoidSkua,Jan 14 2011 on  01:08 AM
Boy, it was hard to write.

It is a bit hard for me to describe my own personality, too! There's just so much I want to put in and some stuff I just can't find the words for!  :)

And no prob, Rat_lady7. I consider it an honor to be allowed into your RP and I await anxiously for the time you guys start waking up in the morning  :D !
Why the heck do I keep posting here? :lol:  Yeah, as soon as someone writes, "It was morning" and finishes their post I'll most likely go in it. thank you for including me in this!

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I finished drawing the pic of my dinosona!!!

The dragonfly was as small as I can make it while still being able to neatly outline it, so pay no mind to the scaling or details! Trust me, when I put effort in drawing insects, it looks much much better!  :smile

The Dinosona herself....I've never drawn a LBT Therizinosaurus before and paid much attention to IsisMasshiro's drawing, while at the same time, adding a splash of 'me-ness' in it!  :D

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, awesome picture you got there FBS. Huh, sadly my drawing will never be that good. My skills are terrible. But enough about me, lets talk about what you've drawn. I don't really care what you did about the bug. It was still good, and the  Therizinosaurus itself was great. I like the little red and yellow dashes you put on. nice touch. I like it. Your drawings are WAY better than mine by the way  :) .

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Name- As for a name, I would rather not go with mine, but more what I think he would be called in The Land Before Time universe. Though not very original, using the same criteria for Ruby’s name, I suppose a title that would fit him is Tan, given his brown coloration. I think it kind of has a nice ring to it. Single syllable names are pretty popular and sound a bit more casual, hence why so many people with multiple syllable names have nicknames. So yeah, just call him Tan the Yellow Belly.

Physically- He has a few scars on his left arm from not allowing wounds to heal properly. He is extremely clumsy, constantly bumping into something only to bump into it minutes later. He is thinner than most Yellow Bellies because he has a small appetite, so he doesn’t each very much. He tends to dine only once or twice a day. He’s slightly short for his age, but not enough to really be considered short in general. His body extensions are very flat and droopy, hanging down completely. He also has a double birthmark on the same arm that has his scars.

Emotionally- He makes a lot of friends, but he still has an overall feeling of loneliness. He is very different. He views things differently, does things differently, and feels differently about things than most others do. This creates a sensation of distance between him and anyone he comes across. He stares off into the distance a lot, and he frequently imagines all his friends on one hill, with him standing alone on another. Even when surrounded by those who care, there is just this wall that keeps him somewhat separated from others, much as he enjoys his time with them. He usually doesn’t like being a kill joy around others, so prefers to keep a happy disposition and have a bubbly personality. Though when in his lowest times, he has been to known to express his troubles to others.

Mentally- He is a very competitive and jealous character. In most things, he tries to do things better than others, and feel jealous when outdone. This saps most of the fun out of his activities. He rarely relaxes when doing something with others because he is constantly trying to find a way to do it in a way that others have not while trying to add the most to something. When he feels that he can’t keep up with someone in something that he likes to do, he starts feeling extremely frustrated and tends to be generally grouchy. Several things hit a nerve with him pretty easily, though he is usually able hide his offense. He is a constant worrier, though he usually worries about others.

Social Life- He is more eager to get to know girls better because he is more like them. He is very soft and gentle in mindset, so he often has a hard time relating to other males. He tries very hard to get others to like him, though he go especially out of his way when it comes to girls. He can chat for hours and hours, as socializing is a big thing for him. It can be hard to sympathize with people’s problems because feelings towards others don’t usually come automatically like they do for most characters. It’s hard to explain, but he has to base his reactions to others’ troubles off of his knowledge, not his actual feelings. If someone is hurt, he doesn’t genuinely feel anything, and although he cannot help that, and it really depresses him that that’s the case, that is who he is. He has to analyze the situation and formulate the best possible reply to comfort the boy or girl. This often leads to difficult moments for him in conversations because he has to think really hard about what he should say.

Self Image- He has an extremely small ego, feeling inadequate to others most of the time. He has a very low opinion of things he does and usually doesn’t take compliments very well as a result. If several others are pleased with an action on his part, he tends to assume they just have low standards. He rarely tries to please himself because it is a very hard thing to do. He finds problem after problem after problem with his actions, always finding some flaw needing improvement. He usually falls into the slum of, “The tree stars are always greener in someone else’s valley.” Because he is not very fond of who he is, he doesn’t take very good care of himself, instead devoting his time in trying to help others with issues he sees in them.

That’s really all I can think of, at least for the moment, on my dinosona. I can’t draw at all (pretty much everything I produce looks like a cloud) so FlipperBoidSkua kindly did the picture for me, following my description impressively to the letter. Let’s give her a big round of applause, shall we? Well, here’s my contribution to this thread. I hope it was decent.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, again great work on the picture FBS!

The friendly sharptooth, that was an awesome bio. You just did everything well enough so that we know how the character feels and interect. and it was wonderfuly put into words as well. Aww, poor...Tan was it?  :(  He reminds me of myself. The Friendly Sharptooth, I don't think your drawing is worse than mine. Anyone who saw my work would faint from it's uglyness. :lol:  I've drawn well in the past, but I'm not very good. Again, really great bio.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Nice dinosona bios, guys! :D

And FBS, I said “whoa” out loud when I saw your picture of your dinosona. :wow I can’t believe you whipped it together so fast! :o I love the colors and pose (it never ceases to amaze me how well you draw limbs), and the dragonfly (which is very cute) is a nice touch. :smile (There were plenty of Mesozoic dragonflies with six-inch wingspans, so I wouldn’t worry about the scale. ;)) I have to admit, I thought the eyes were closed at first because they didn’t have any scleras. :oops (It’s so hard to draw realistic-looking dark-colored eyes) I don’t think that line between the neck and the chest (meant to represent the front of the scapula, I’m assuming) should be so far forward, but it really is an excellent picture.

It seems that yellow belly dinosonas are more popular than one might expect. Yours is the second one in this thread, The Friendly Sharptooth. :!
And nice work on the picture, FBS. :yes That’s definitely the saddest-looking yellow belly I’ve ever seen. (The droopy feathers combined with the expression make a big difference.) I was at first going to say that he looked a little thin for a yellow belly, but then I read the bio (which is really astounding in its detail, by the way, TFS) and saw that there was a reason for it. :P: I would say that the head looks a bit large, however, and although yellow bellies have stumpy tails, his looks a little too short. It’s nonetheless a good drawing, and showcases aspects of the character’s personality very well.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Tan the Yellowbelly! I love that name!! It's nice and to the point! I'm loving the personality bio stuff you put down, I can relate to the majority of this! I too enjoy hanging out with people of the opposite gender 'cause of my tomboyish nature (and guys tend to be a lot nicer than girls over here for some reason).... And I stare off into space a lot during my frequent day dreaming! And I often feel left out in groups even when they include me; I guess I feel lonelier when in a group than I feel when I'm alone. And my self-image is the same too! If people in real life compliments me on something (especially when they come up only to say that they're friend wants to date me or something), I automatically take it as a hostile comment meant to mock me, which is almost always the case... And my self-confidence is shot; when I walk, I spend all of my time looking down and avoiding looking at others, and all my teachers keep telling me that that's a sign of low self-esteem. I won't argue with that. It's very nice getting to know the character I drew a lot more! Makes him all the more special!!

*gets all glittery eyed* I can't get over how nice everyone is with my drawings here! A very pleasant change from my real life where all my drawings are never good enough. I recently showed my Dinosona and Tan to my mom and the first thing she said: "Why're your drawing's never as good as your sisters?" I felt really depressed  :( . Makes me feel so much better knowing my art is appreciated somewhere in the world.  :)

Thanks LBTDiclonius! I'm sure your drawings aren't bad at all! I have no doubt that your art will be much appreciated here!  :D

:lol: Thank you Pangaea! I honestly have a lot (and I mean a lot!) of free time, so my work and drawings usually don't take too long to finish. And your still one of the few people who like how I draw limbs! For that, I'm very grateful! And yay, the dragonfly is cute!  :DD And yeah, Isis's Therizino seems to have what I call sharptooth-eyes (yay to her acknowledging the species' theropod-ness!  :smile ). I love her character's eyes as it seems more realistic for a dinosaur and I really love the vertical cat-ness of the pupils. I did feel a bit worried with the dark eye color of my Dinosona, but didn't wanna deviate from my true self. So I just hoped that ink outlines would do the job of making the eyes a bit more visible (I'm just glad I don't have black eyes; that'd be a nightmare for this pic :blink: ). And that line error can easily be fixed next time I draw a LBT Therizino! I admit, I hardly knew what I was doing when drawing it!  :oops

The Friendly Sharptooth was very helpful in his descriptions and patient with my questions. He mentioned the Yellowbelly Dinosona was a young specimen, so I tried to make the proportions a bit.....well....younger-looking. That was my logic when I drew the large head. The tail I didn't really know how to do as I didn't truely know how stumpy a Yellowbelly's tail was supposed to be. I've never seen the movie (the only DVD I lack in my LBT collection; many tell me that's a good thing) and I only found one decent picture of them in Google. But if I ever draw another Yellowbelly, I'll be sure to make the tail a bit better. Thanks for the suggestions, Pangaea!

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alrighty, well since I've "gotten over myself" and my drawing skills, I've decided to make my dinosona. I've just finished it tonight and I think it's good. But that's just me. I have no idea how you guy's will think of it. Right now I'm really nervous because I'm scared it won't be good enough, but you guy's are very friendly, so I think I'll be alright.

So without any further ado...I present...my dinosona.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Aww, so cute! It's not bad at all! I especially like the folds of skin where the foreleg attaches to the body! That's my favorite part of the pic for some odd reason!  :smile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, please! This drawing is MUCH better than your description of your drawing skills would lead one to imagine. Maybe the shape of all the body parts isn't perfect, but your attention to detail is impressive. :! You have all the skin wrinkles, the bumps on the back, and everything. And I like the colors and expression, too. You should draw more often, LBTDiclonius; you really are a pretty good artist. :yes

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks you guys! :D  And Pangaea by body parts, if you mean the feet, I know. I'm horrible at drawing them. I just can't get it right. Well, anyways, thank you again!

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTDiclonius,Jan 18 2011 on  12:14 AM
Thanks you guys! :D  And Pangaea by body parts, if you mean the feet, I know. I'm horrible at drawing them. I just can't get it right.
Well, the feet are one thing (I've always said they're some of the hardest parts of a dinosaur to draw), but also some of the proportional details in general: the tail should be narrower towards the tip, the body more rounded, the snout a little deeper, that sort of thing. But none of it really looks bad, and it's nothing that can't be improved by more practice. ;) And like I said, even if not all of the details are perfect, you've done a really great job making sure they're all there.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks for the advice, yeah I know it's not "perfect", as one might say, but it's not bad for a first try. Yep, I'll keep practicing, and hopefully I'll get better at it. Thank you. ;)