The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Golden Sun DS - Officially Confirmed

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
After five years since The Lost Age was released and all these fake versions of the next Golden Sun game were created, E3 has officially announced Golden Sun DS! I am personally so excited as both Golden Sun games are my favorite GBA games of all time! I am annoyed we have to wait until 2010 but at this point at least it is officially confirmed!

The only thing plot wise that has been told is that it follows the descendents of the previous adepts. This means that it could be their offspring (in case Issac and Mia or Garet and Jenna actually get married etc...) or just those who follow in their shoes.

I am personally extremely excited for this game!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It can be interesting.  I have played a bit of the gba version of the first game.  I wonder if they'll do any changes to what folks are use to who have played the first 2 games or if they'll keep those things in unchanged.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
I have fond memories of the first Golden Sun, so I was excited when Golden Sun DS was officially confirmed. Can't wait for more information from this game.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
The first game was great, and the second one was even better. I am just so excited that the third game is finally confirmed. All of the hoaxes seemed so real that I was pissed off when I learned they were all fake.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you for the information. I am a rather large fan of the Golden Sun series myself. I beat the first one, ans as for The Lost Age, I am currently at Magma Rock. Back to the subject though, this is great news. Finally, an official new Golden Sun announcement. The last rumor I heard said it was going to be called Camelot RPG and be for the Wii. It was on IGN, but even there it still said it was a rumor.

As for extra content for veteran Golden Sun players, being for the DS, there are certainly capabilities to do that. I assume it would work similar to games like the GBA and DS Pokemon games. One can connect a GBA Pokemon game cartridge into the DS slot while a DS one is there and just transer old data to unlock new content. Since this will feature new characters though, I doubt anything would simply transfer over, but more likely something would be unlocked inside the game.

That happened with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for the GBA with Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift for the DS. By insterted the GBA cartridge with the DS cartridge in as well, you unlock the feature to see traps, quite the boon when just starting out.

I would certainly hope we old Golden Sun players would get something for going through the first two. I can't be sure, but I honestly doubt we would get something for getting all the Djinni from both. Toward the end of The Lost Age, those who got them all are already reward with the ultimate summon Iris. I wouldn't think the creators would reward a player twice for the same thing, but that's just a guess, they may just do something new for those who collected them all.

In any case, I certainly look forward to the DS version's release myself and can't wait to play (despite the fact that I have to until 2010 anyway). Later!