The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Games in need of sequels

jedi472 · 50 · 4162

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've been looking through my game collection, and I've found that there are quite a few titles that were excellent games that were practically made to be continued, and yet have no sequels. So I thought I'd post them here.

Star Wars: TIE Fighter. This game was my very first experience with video games, and I'll never forget it. The amazing space-sim gameplay is still unparalleled today, and it holds the distinctive title of being one of the first games in which you play as the villain. Even Gamespot and IGN agree it's one of the best games of all time. So where's the sequel? (This goes for the X-wing series as well)

Star Trek: Bridge Commander. This game, along with Elite Force 1 and 2, proved to the world that Star Trek could be made into a playable, fun game. The game had so much promise, and yet ended so abruptly. Sequel? (Star Trek Online may have a combat system very similar to this game)

Kingdom Hearts 2. I'm still waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3. This series is just too cool to end with 2.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron series. Yeah, Rogue Squadron 3 sucked, but the series was still pretty awesome. I'm still holding out hope that there will be a Rogue Squadron 4 someday.

So, what games do you think should have sequels?

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I believe Star Wars Tie Fighter has gotten many sequels and it is in fact , a sequel itself.

Jurassic Park Trespasser: it was the first game to introduce many features that have become common in gaming and while it wasn't very successful it was good enough for a sequel, they could just make it like Half Life 2 except with dinosaurs.

Mirror's Edge: I actually enjoyed Mirror's Edge  and it deserves a Mirror's Edge 2.

Star Wars Battlefront: we need Star Wars Battlefront III, Renegade sqaudron just felt like a spin off, maybe Elite Squadron will be the one.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Star Wars TIE fighter had a couple expansion packs, but no other X-wing franchise games continued it's storyline, and besides, there hasn't even been an X-wing or TIE fighter game in over 10 years.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Shadowrun for XBOX 360 and PC is such a fun game, but the only problem with it is there is no campaign to it. It's only multiplayer, but then again the game was specifically made for such. If there were to be a sequel or even an expansion pack, it would get more people to play it again.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
yeah but the Rogue Squadron games are basically 3D,less RPGish verisons of the X Wing/ Tie Fighter games and speaking of Star Wars I finished reading Dark Force Rising today(that novel ruled).

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rogue Squadron was good, but it's no X-wing or TIE fighter. It wasn't much of a sim, but more of an arcade shooter. They had no depth compared to TIE fighter.

On a side note, Dark Force Rising was really cool. Zahn always maintains a masterful command over his works, especially when they are Star Wars novels. He, Stackpole, and Luceno are the awesome triad of Star Wars authors.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Found some news on X-wing and TIE fighter:

LucasArts may have another classic revival up its sleeves. G4 reports that in an interview with company president Daniel Rodriguez, the question came up of a return of the X-Wing and TIE Fighter series. "We don't have any announcements now, but stay tuned," said Rodriguez. "We will soon."

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Eternal Darkness 2. The original tied up most of the loose ends, except for where the heck yellow colored magicks come from. We have explanations for purple, red, green, and blue magicks, but throughout the game, there are mysterious yellow magicks and effects outside of the plans of the both the villains and heroes.
That needs an explanation.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Darkstone, a VERY cool French developed 1999 fantasy RPG needs a sequel.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Kid Icarus could use a sequel, though he did appear in Brawl.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
My siblings and I wanted a sequel to Legend of Dragoon, but the game magazines made it clear that the game's makers have no intention of making a sequel...

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks. This game was such a breath of fresh air in terms of MK adventure games. MK Sub-Zero was fun but flawed, and Special Forces......... well........ don't get me started on that. MKSM was such an amazing game, but the ending left me bewildered. It left it open for a sequel, but no such thing has been developed yet.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd like to see a sequel to the "Streets of Rage" series.  The third and final game ended with Mr. X still at large, the Chief of Police still M.I.A. and players empty-handed <_<.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
star wars bounty hunter. i loved the game it was extremely good detail for a 3rd person shooter

and i also want to see another star wars republic commando, i've heard rumors of a second one called star wars republic commando order 66
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I would really wanna see a sequel to "The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon". Of course, then they would have to think up of another villain for the heroes to face. :p

But then again, it's all for the money. :lol

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, here's one I would like.  A sequel to Super Mario RPG, and I'm talking about a TRUE sequel.  None of that Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi stuff.  I want something that brings back the 5 characters, has awesome music, timed hits, impossibly sought after items and a hidden boss.

Give me that, and I'll be happy. :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Excalibur, there will likely be a sequel made to dawn of the Dragon, the only question is when..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
.hack needs another chain of sequels. Some of the most fun RPGs I have ever played. :p

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Dead Space (I mean one for the 360 and not just for the Wii)