The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Games in need of sequels

jedi472 · 50 · 4129

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Oct 26 2009 on  06:54 PM
Darkstone, a VERY cool French developed 1999 fantasy RPG needs a sequel.
OMG!  You've played that too!  I agree that it so~ needs a sequel!   :DD

Also, Knights of the Old Republic could really use another sequel.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Nov 9 2009 on  11:57 PM
I'd like to see a sequel to the "Streets of Rage" series. The third and final game ended with Mr. X still at large, the Chief of Police still M.I.A. and players empty-handed <_<.
I really want to see that too since I am a huge fan of the Golden Axe and Streets Of Rage games, let's hope if there's ever a Streets Of Rage 3D, that its transition won't be a bad one.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri!
Boy that for once was a strategy game that really had an excellent degree of diplomatic possibilities (e.g. if you had an ally in a war against another faction you could actually tell him where you would attack and where you would like him or her to attack and he or she would do it if he or she said she would). He or she too could make suggestions about the strategy.
In many more ways this game was far superior to most games of the genre and I consider it better than any game of the civilization series that I have played.
Unfortunately it seems that many found this excellent game too complex so it's commercial success was not as good as they had hoped making the chance for a sequel rather slim :(
It's a pity really, I would have loved a sequel to the game with the qualities of the original game and additionally the option to play with more than seven factions and with a tactical level to complement the awesome strategic level.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Nov 10 2009 on  09:56 AM
Okay, here's one I would like.  A sequel to Super Mario RPG, and I'm talking about a TRUE sequel.  None of that Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi stuff.  I want something that brings back the 5 characters, has awesome music, timed hits, impossibly sought after items and a hidden boss.

Give me that, and I'll be happy. :)
Oh my god yes! I was so mad when there wasn't a sequel for the N64 or Gamecube but maybe after placing it as a downloadable for the Wii it will spark the creation of a true sequel. Long live Mallow and Geno!

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
I would want to see the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess have a sequel. I think this was the best Zelda game ever and I want to know more about what happens with Midna and Link

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I completely approve of Super Mario RPG! :D

This might be an odd pick, but how about Blast Corps?  A driving/action/puzzle game on the N64 which I thought was very innovative, especially for 1996!

A screenshot:
http://i.testfreaks.com/images/products/60...orps.234223.jpg

All I can think about is what a game like this could be like with local/online multiplayer, a level editor, bigger, more complex levels/puzzles, a physics engine, etc. etc. in 2009 or later.  +1 for a Blast Corps sequel!

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: StarfallRaptor,Nov 11 2009 on  11:41 AM

Also, Knights of the Old Republic could really use another sequel.
Bioware's basically considered their new MMO the sequel to KOTOR 2.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Eternal Darkness
Dead Space
Hotel Dusk
Obscure II (The ending practically begs for the series to continue)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot3897,Nov 11 2009 on  05:05 PM
I would want to see the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess have a sequel. I think this was the best Zelda game ever and I want to know more about what happens with Midna and Link
Twilight Princess wasn't the best Zelda game, Ocrina Of Time was but I guess that's based on opinion, anyhow LOZ:Twilight Princess does deserve a sequel.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: StarfallRaptor,Nov 12 2009 on  11:15 PM
Ooh!  How about the 360 game Chrome Hounds!
YES! This! Make me some more mecha games  :lol:

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I would like to see another Lord of the Rings: Conquest game. I've never played it, but i have heard from alot of people that the game "Sucked". However, i would atleast like to see another game like this with all the cool stuff instead of all the cool stuff going to the PS3 and Xbox whatever you call it while the people that play on the PC get nothing. Besides, i've been wanting to play as Gothmog for a long time, now i cant because i cant afford a stupid PS3/Xbox which-a-mah-call-it! :(

Other then that, i would love to see a sequel to Legends of Dragoon.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd like to see another GREAT Golden Axe game but the chances are slim since Golden Axe Beast Rider almost single-handedly ruined the series.

Leopardi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Jurassic Park: Trespasser is in serious need of a sequel. I couldn't even imagine how awesome it would be with today's technology and the same super talented team.

Baree

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Nov 10 2009 on  09:56 AM
Okay, here's one I would like. A sequel to Super Mario RPG, and I'm talking about a TRUE sequel. None of that Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi stuff. I want something that brings back the 5 characters, has awesome music, timed hits, impossibly sought after items and a hidden boss.

Give me that, and I'll be happy. :)
Hmm... While I do agree that SMRPG is the best Mario RPG game still, I did enjoy all the others. And they all have timed hits. Music of course is a matter of taste. All the games have a lot of humour in them... I don't know, I can't help but feel SMRPG already has a lot of sequels. not to say I would say no to a new RPG game from the same team, far from it.

Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Nov 9 2009 on  11.57 PM
I'd like to see a sequel to the "Streets of Rage" series. The third and final game ended with Mr. X still at large, the Chief of Police still M.I.A. and players empty-handed <_<.

Simply not true. The games does end halfway if you play on the easy setting, but play on normal or higher difficulty and you get to see the whole game. I expect you only tried easy. I won't give any spoilers, but trust me, al your questions are answered if you play the full game. There are multiple endings too. Again, having said that, I would love a sequel.

As to my own suggestion, it would have to be Jetforce Gemini for the N64. One of Rare's best titles, an absolute gem of a game. Awesome story, great characters, amazing gameplay, some really original weaponry and a just brilliant mix of cute Nintendo graphics and brutal slaughter. The fact that you could collect the heads of the cute, fluffy tribals as well as the heads of Mizar's Soldier drones was icing on the cake. Alas, with Rare going to Microsoft I have lost all hope of a sequel to this game.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If this were a few years ago, I would have said a new Contra that was like the classic style; but of course, low and behold, we got Contra 4 and the new Wiiware game.

Maybe a sequel to Gunstar Heroes. That was a fun game. Also, a new Double Dragon game would be sick. Oh, and I'd like to see another Ghouls n' Ghosts.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Leopardi,Nov 19 2009 on  03:25 AM
Jurassic Park: Trespasser is in serious need of a sequel. I couldn't even imagine how awesome it would be with today's technology and the same super talented team.
my point exactly Jurassic Park:Trespasser was a game ahead of its time,minus the glitches and bugs, but without that game we wouldn't  have pyshics engines in games today as well as good AI so Trespasser really deserves a sequel.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'd be looking forward to more Klonoa games, the next Mario Kart, and maybe a direct sequel to Final Fantasy VIII.