The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Dreams Thread

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 02:13:02 AM by StardustSoldier »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Umm... okay. I'm glad to be featured in such a debut even if it's pretty surprising. :bestsharptooth

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 02:13:11 AM by StardustSoldier »

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Quite an unusual one. I think my mind managed to come up with a 52-volume anime/book series with some drama and intrigue. I dreamt up the first 10 volumes, but they were so many characters that I couldn't remember, especially because the POV character changes constantly. There was some betrayal and tension involved I think, and it involved me finding a huge fanclub of the imaginary series.

The most LBT thing was me and my friend running along a building and coming across a beached Mo desperately in his death throes next to a fisherman. I recognized him, stopped and bargained with the fisherman to get him. Pulling out my wallet, I went from offering $10, then $15, then $25. I never knew if the fisherman accepted it, because my friend dragged me away as we were in the middle of a chase or something.

So yes, Mo is literally worth ~$25 to me. Make of that what you will @ImpracticalDino. :MoEvil
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
@OwlsCantRead: How do you know you weren't gonna offer your entire wallet, eh? :p

Also, that isn't the part that irked me. Leaving Mo there with the fishermen and essentially condemning him to death was the horrible part. Yeah, I know your friend was pulling you away because you were now in some kind of "chase" or whatever, but uh, nobody leaves a Mu-u-u-udd Brother behind! :cry

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
@OwlsCantRead: How do you know you weren't gonna offer your entire wallet, eh? :p

Also, that isn't the part that irked me. Leaving Mo there with the fishermen and essentially condemning him to death was the horrible part. Yeah, I know your friend was pulling you away because you were now in some kind of "chase" or whatever, but uh, nobody leaves a Mu-u-u-udd Brother behind! :cry
I distinctly remember mentally calculating exchange rate because my mind conjured up some imaginary currency. I was already offering more than I anticipated.

The weirdest part is that after I was dragged away, my dream cut back to the fisherman and Mo. I even think the fisherman made some snarky comment about it since I'd already paid but was dragged away before I could get Mo.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ohhh guess it's my time to post because it was somewhat related to LBT, so I might as well :P

I dreamed I was in the book section of a thrift store and came across an old book regarding the Land Before Time. I bought it, thinking it was some kind of comic book version of the original movie. However when I opened it it turned out to be first of all made by request of Donald Duck (the magazine, not the character :P ), and then it turned out not to be a comic book at all (damn, was hoping for some deleted scenes!)... But instead it was a book with real-life locations that inspired images in the movie, complete with comparative pictures and coordinates so you could go there yourself, haha.

What a mess ;) Although that would be pretty cool to have IRL!

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^That's a pretty cool dream, Mumbling. Do you remember what the places looked like in the dream and did you recognize any of them?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^That's a pretty cool dream, Mumbling. Do you remember what the places looked like in the dream and did you recognize any of them?
I didn't recognize any of them, so I don't think they were actually based on the Land Before Time! Mostly pretty landscapes, lakes, mountains, that sort of thing! Think it might have been influenced by the Flight Simulator comparison pictures I've been seeing on the internet of late (where people take a pic IRL and then compare it to the location in game :P )

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I see. Well, it's still pretty amazing when you think about it. I agree that having a book like that in real life would be great. :CeraHAPPY

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
  • LITTLE THINGS ARE AWFUL I HATE EM!
    • View Profile
I usually have rather weird dreams (I.E Me trying not to let somene kill an orangutan to make an orangutan cake or an orangutan milk cake.) or downright horrible dreams (I.E our car skidding off the road to Ottawa and falling into the Ottawa river.), but sometimes I can have decent dreams such as;

1. Rita the cat from Animaniacs has a full belly from eating a fish while on some spaceship.

2. 4 new (even though it's been months since I came up with those OCs) Land Before Time OCS (all 4 of them were a family of Therizinosaurus) which I shared to this website, DeviantArt, and The Land Before Time wiki.

3. A new cartoon universe with 5 characters I'd decide to call "The Prehistoric Kids" which consisted of a purple male Apatosaurus kid , a green male Chasmosaurus kid, a male Stegosaurus kid, a green female Pteranodon kid, and a green male Pteranodon kid. I can't remember every name of each character but I remember the female Pteranodon kid being called "Paty", the Stegosaurus kid being named "Stellar", and the Chasmosaurus kid being named "Cassie".

4. Ducky showing her large tan belly (I know that's what she is supposed to look like but compared to Mama Swimmer and all the adult Saurolophuses, Ducky looks really fat so therefore, I think that Ducky and her siblings are a different variation of Saurolophus.) and saying "Do I look fat."

5. 3 new species and 1 new cartoon universe(one of the animals them looked like a Yellowbelly except that it had a longer tail, had less feathers, had a dodo like beak, and was normally thinner, the other species looked like a Blue Whale except that it had blue stripes on its back and underside, teeth, and no throat groves, and the other looked like a human, except that it had a pointer nose and ears, always had hair reaching to the shoulders, and did not have a navel, nipples, or women boobs because I disliked those body parts.) which I'm thinking about sharing this to the DeviantArt user MCsaurus.

6. The YouTube gamer Drae (if you don't know him, here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf2ocK7dG_WFUgtDtrKR4rw) playing a fictional game with Gmod style designs and at some level where the player has to fly an object to space, he tries flying an Osprey helicopter to space but the vehicle lost airspeed and stalled. Then he tried flying an inflated Sandy Cheeks design to space but he had to go through a roller coaster thingy with this design and could not go to space. Then he gave up and rage quitted and the video's name was "I CAN'T F**KING FLY THIS THING TO SPACE!".

7. Something about Wayne Knight coming up with the Alpha and Omega franchise.

8. 5 Sonic OCS (Even though I know this is a highly overrated franchise.) called The Puff Team which had an ability to puff up. I don't really remember the character's names but I remember there being a blue hedgehog that is similar to Storm the Albatross, a pink fox that looks similar to Tail except that it was a she and had one tail, and the rest I forgot although I remember there being one green male swallow as part of the team.

9. A Cats Don't Dance sequel released in 2007.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 01:00:47 PM by Mr. Clubtail »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No LBT related dreams this time. Sorry. :FoobieOooooo

The dream I had yesterday managed to scare the bejesus out of me. I'm not sure where exactly I was or even if I was on Earth anymore, but I was inside an exploration submarine in the middle of the ocean. But then an underwater floating island seemed to appear out of nowhere behind me. Curious, I moved to investigate it because I'd never seen anything like it. I'm not sure how much time passed, but suddenly I noticed that the island was nowhere to be seen. At first I thought it was all in my head, but then I looked up through the front window. I was right under it. Somehow, I don't know how, I'd drifted down without noticing.

I didn't think much about it at first. But then it became eerily quiet and the light of the sun could no longer reach me down in the depths. Then I heard something in the distance. It was big, and moving towards me. I never got a good look of it as that's where the dream ended. It's not a coincidence that the underwater island seemed familiar, for it was the very same one from Subnautica. :p

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
A while ago, I had this dream that I was writing a Frozen fanfiction, with the fanfiction playing out in my head like a movie as I was writing. That premise in itself was weird--I mean, Frozen? :rolleyes I like Frozen alright, but it's still pretty overrated if you ask me. I definitely wouldn't choose to write something about it...

Anyway, what I remember was that the Frozen characters were in a tropical jungle, and Kristoff had just been attacked by this giant crablike monster. As the monster held him in its claws, Anna was screaming hysterically, while Elsa was shooting ice at the monster to make it put Kristoff down. (I don't know where Sven and Olaf were, but given the setting, I'd guess the latter had probably ventured too close to a volcanic flow and met his scalding-hot doom.) :p

The only other thing I remember about the dream was that later, I was flipping through a magazine, and at the back there was a weird Megamind poster. The picture had Minion commenting to Megamind, "I think our pet-sitting business is going really well!" and in the background, the "pets" were some MLP changelings getting into mischief around the evil lair. So, yeah...don't ask me how some MLP villains became pets in the Megamind universe, because I was just as lost as you are.
The night before last, I had another weird dream where my family and I were taking a walk...on Mars. :olittlefoot How we got to that point wasn't explained at all, but I guess Mars must've been starting to be colonized or something, because there were a couple buildings and some trees around. My family and I weren't even wearing space suits or anything, just our normal clothes. It was pretty much exactly like Earth, just with dusty red ground and a yellowish sky like you always see in those Mars rover photos. I recall thinking that it was such a nice, quiet place for walks and that we should make it our regular walking place, then remembering that the trip was so long that it would be too inconvenient. :p

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pretty weird dream I had that would only make at least a bit of sense if you’ve seen Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (or read the book).

I dreamt that it was the part of the movie where the Hogwarts students were having their secret Dumbledore’s Army meetings behind Dolores Umbridge’s back. Except that I was also one of the students, and we were hiding from Umbridge in some very strange places. I distinctly recall there some sort of weird mansion with these tall rooms and long hallways and other bedrooms that we were sneaking around in trying to avoid Umbridge. And then we were also hiding out in a location I’m familiar with in real life; the garage of my mother’s apartment building. Even weirder is that we all decided to sleep there. So there’s me and all these other kids, and we all have sleeping bags and are lying on the cement floor of this garage, trying to get some rest but also being too anxious to fall asleep because we were worried about getting caught at any moment. But it must have been a good enough hiding place, because Umbridge never did find us. :p

Then after that, apparently Umbridge was no longer an issue, because then there was this contest amongst us students to see who could make the best lion costume. I’m guessing that this part of the dream was inspired by the part in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince where Luna is wearing that ridiculous lion outfit for the Quidditch match, but it was still pretty random. So here I am; I want to be able to participate in the contest to make this great lion costume. But the contest ends in only a few hours, and all the clothing I wanted to purchase for the costume I’d have to order online and it would take days to come in, so I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to come up with a good enough costume in time. Alas, I didn’t get to see how the contest ended or who won it, because then I woke up. :!

The inspiration for this dream came from how my local movie theater was replaying all the Harry Potter films, which my mother and I went to go see. :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Last time I had a Harry Potter-related dream. This time it was about Fantastic Beasts.

I remember Newt Scamander sitting on a couch watching television, and this news anchor was making fun of him on live TV for some reason. Then Newt, as revenge, cast a spell to cause the news anchor’s cell phone to keep randomly going off during his broadcast and embarrass him.

Then it went to Jacob Kowalski. He was at a party goofing off and acting silly. But then after the party, he was driving home and he had become much more somber and serious. It turned out he had three children, and I was one of them! (I was much younger in the dream; in my late teens.) It was me and my two younger sisters in the car with him (even though I don’t have sisters irl). By the time the four of us made it back home, Jacob was so upset that he started crying, and me and my sisters tried to comfort him and cheer him up. It was something to do with his job at his bakery and not being satisfied with where his career was going that he was upset about.

One other part I remember, I think after the party but before we made it home, is when we went out grocery shopping together as a family, and I was riding in the bottom of the cart like a little kid. I guess maybe I still felt young at heart.

My dreams are weird, man.

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
That does sound like something Newt Scamander would do, ngl.  :PCera

I had a dream last month that I got into USC (University of Southern California) which is a really good school, despite the recent scandals. Hoping it's a sign from the universe  :bestsharptooth
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I had a dream last night that four members on the forum, RainbowFaceProtege, @Gentle Sharptooth , @Mumbling and @Sneak , and I were doing an online game where you had to make a planet that can hold life on it and you get a score based on how well the planet is made. You got to choose the planet's size, color, life, and climate. We couldn't get anywhere in the game because Mumbling and Sneak wouldn't stop fighting over if the planet should be yellow or red. We got a score of 0 because we didn't get past step 1.
Go Chomper!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haha now that's quite something! Come on Sneak, the planet clearly should've been yellow ;)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
lol XD
C'mon, Mumbling! Planet should be... blue. :P my fav color. Red is scary.
(wonder, how I looked in this dream XD)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412