The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Want to buy the first 10 movies on dvd (In secret)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
PS: I also thought of a strategy to buy them at the store and not feel embaessed. Just walk up to the cachier's and tell them to wrap it up, say it's a gift to a relative and look natural, better yet don't say it's a gift just ask them to wrap it up, they'll assume it's a gift and they'll never give it another thought. :D
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I guess I kind of gave up on this feeling embarassed business. Most sellers won't ask you why you buy what you are buying and if they think that it for yourself, well, they are right. No problem with that. I won't go around with a sign reading "I love the land before time", yet I won't pretend I didn't either.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay I got a little advice for you. Trust me I kinda know how you feel. My mom knows about my LBT obsession I'm just too afraid too let me dad and most of my friends know.  I'm 23 so I happen too keep it kinda secret not cause I'm worried about my dad disowning me just don't want a 40 minute lecture on acting more mature for my age. Well, gift certificates always work for like Amazon and E-bay if you just ask for one of those gift certificates  for Christmas. What you could also do is if you don't wanna mess with Ebay and Amazon is find a store that sells used LBT DVD'S. You do not know How many previewed LBT DVD'S I found in places like FYE, Suncoast, etc. and the best part is they're all in working condition. So if you don't wanna mess with online. That's my suggestion for you. Because that way your friends and your family don't know about it. And the cashier like other people said would give you no problem about it.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Both my parents know of my "love" for the land before time. My mom doesn't care and my dad jokes a bit but he even encourages me to buy the dvd's. I only had a few on VHS. My closest friends also know I like it and they just don't care, a friend of mine likes to watch Hentai, now with that we joke a lot with him, but in an offensive way, just kidding around.
As a matter of fact I've just received lbt 3,4 and 5 on DVD, the reason for 1 and 2 not having arrived yet is that they're out of stock. I'm trying to see if they'll be available any time soon, otherwise I'll switch my order to lbt 6 and 7 instead. I decided to buy the older one's first since the more recent one's are easier to find.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I guess I have to thank Littlefoot Fan if he hadn't posted this topic I wouldn't have started my lbt DVD hunt =p
I've got 6 already, I know where to buy 3 more (one of witch, plus another are already coming by mail) I just haven't found lbt 8, looks like I'll have to order it or look a little further. It's kind of fun to go out buying DVD's, too bad they're so expensive, hell I haven't bot me something nice in a looooonggg while :D

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
well, it is the holiday season ^_^

just humor yourself about it.. dress up like a dorky Christmas elf and pretend to be buying toys for your younger cousins (or in my case, nephews)

by doing this, the cashier would probably be making his/her screwy face from the looks of your silly costume XD

not much help, I know. But it does take the attention away from the product