The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT roleplay in the style of the original movie?

Ducky123 · 399 · 53895

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I'm having a hard time picking my favorite, too! These are all very well thought out characters, and I can't choose between Misty and the Edaphosaurus. I really love the Diplocaulus, but I'm not sure if we'd be able to consistently find her enough water on the journey :/

XxRainTheSwimmerxX

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Well in the movie, I do think that Littlefoot and his friends come across a few things of water. Like the small thing of water Littlefoot found Ducky in, small streams, small puddles, small ponds, and the deep pool at the end of the movie where they push Sharptooth in. I think it might be possible for the Diplocaulus to survive the journey. They might have to tough it out a while without water, but given the fact there's plenty instances of scenes in the movie where we saw water, I think it's safe to say it's possible but it would just be difficult! At any rate I'm really REALLY having troubles deciding which one to use. Maybe I should make a poll and leave it up to fate?

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, psst, since you're in confusion, why you don't want to join our gang and be a sharptooth? :D
Cmon, 7 leafeaters would be enough food for us! XD

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sneak, I don't think you're helping :D

Though, frankly, I can't quite put my hands down on any of your ideas. Maybe try to consider which character would have the most interesting (and/or conflicting?) interactions with the others. One of the main themes of the original movie was racism and the power of friendship but I suppose it'll be a long way until said friendship will be established. It is only through hardships after all that they'll realize how much they need each other :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

XxRainTheSwimmerxX

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Well, aeeing as most other dinosaurs would think it's ugly and probably make fun of them often and well with the Diplocaulus needing water sources to soak in for a while, the issue of being slowed down is brought up. Which could make some of the group be impatient towards the Diplocaulus. And be like: She's putting the group in danger! Why are we even trying to help her. Without water for her to soak in she'd be too ill to move or dead. What if we come across a long stretch of land with no water or anything? Then she'd just be dead weight!

Then there's Misty. The conflict could come from her sticking our and being like a beacon for hungry predators. And well since she's a runt she'd probably have a harder time keeping up. Possibly even being slightly weaker than the other and having a hard time getting around obstacles or over them. Say like they have to climb up on some rocks. It would be difficult because Misty is a runt and she'd have to figure out a way for her to climb.

Then there's the Fern/Leafie. The Edaphosaurus. Once again there would be the issue of being easily spotted due to her color scheme. She's a minty green and that really doesn't offer any favor to their environment. Since there's hardly and greenery around Minty would have a hard time hiding from predators if/when the group encounters them. Fern/Leafie could also be weary of other species than her own. Due to how she was treated by those that weren't her own kind. Plus she'd probably run into more prejudice dinosaurs along her journey other than the long necks from her adoptive herd. So it might take her a while to trust the dinosaurs in the group. She might even be fearful of some. I think she'd probably be the most fearful of three horns. Mostly because of the three horns on their head and the fact that it seems threehorns can be very prejudice against other kinds. Yes that's a generalization she's making, which isn't a good view to have. But that's the point isn't it, for her to come to realize that her views are also just as wrong as the prejudice she's faced and for her to shed those views when she realizes she needs to learn to trust the other to survive.

I can't decide so I want all of your opinions and which one you'd like to see join the group, the most. If it helps at all I could make a poll. Should I do that?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 06:11:56 PM by XxRainTheSwimmerxX »

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll need to give this some more thought but I'll let you know once I've made up my mind yep yep yep :)

Btw I'm just curious since you do sound like you're indeed no stranger to RPing. What other RPing have you done in the past/ongoing? :)

XxRainTheSwimmerxX

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I've been roleplaying since I was 9, I'm 22 years old now and going on 23 this coming April. That means I've been rping for almost 13 years now. I've roleplayed Warrior Cats, Sonic rps, Undertale Rp, Original characters rps, and many many more. As for my rps right now? I'm a big fan of Disney and such so I'm rping Disney characters with close friends! So yes, I am indeed no stranger to roleplay~

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
After reading these descriptions, I think that Fern/Leafie is my favorite!

XxRainTheSwimmerxX

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkWolf91 on Mar 4 2018, 09:34:14 PM
After reading these descriptions, I think that Fern/Leafie is my favorite!
To be honest I kinda want to rp as Fern/Leafie as well! I'm sorta leaning a lot towards her now that I think about it. But I want to see what others think first.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I still can't quite put my finger down on one but I can narrow it down to a tie between Misty and the Edaphosaurus character.

Misty being a runt combined with her backstory would make a great character. Backstory and character-wise, she'd probably be my favourite, by a small margin.

However, even if I may be biased about it, the other character, due to her backstory with Longnecks would have an interesting dynamic with my character Lizzie who's a longneck. My group could stumble upon that character, maybe while hiding in a cave on their way. Or we could just end up meeting your character (whoever you end up with) at the oasis.

XxRainTheSwimmerxX

• Ruby
    • View Profile

http://www.strawpoll.me/15208328

I've made a poll to help me decide. Because I honestly don't know which character to choose.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good idea. I was gonna suggest using strawpoll but must have forgotten in my hurry :o

XxRainTheSwimmerxX

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123 on Mar 5 2018, 05:52:11 PM
Good idea. I was gonna suggest using strawpoll but must have forgotten in my hurry :o
Well it's been a few hours. And it looks like Fern/Leafie is staying strong with 2 votes. It looks like she won that voting poll. Now all I need to do is settle on her name. Do you think Fern makes more sense or Leafie? I'm leaning more towards Leafie myself.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Leafie sounds like a cute name to me.

XxRainTheSwimmerxX

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123 on Mar 6 2018, 01:26:40 AM
Leafie sounds like a cute name to me.
Leafie it is then~

XxRainTheSwimmerxX

• Ruby
    • View Profile
So uhm how should I introduce my character into the rp? I'm unsure cause I don't want to just hop in without a plan and without approval first.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think we'd all have to consider which group you should bump into eventually or if you'll only bump into everyone at the oasis we're all heading towards (not knowing there is an oasis, but we'll get there)

Leafie seems to be on edge with longnecks so I think that's the most interesting interaction possible at this point. Both joining my character's (the longneck) group or joining the other group could lead to interesting dynamics.

Though I guess writing a little introductionary post that shines some light on her character seems like a good plan for now. There's no hurry though :)

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I agree, Leafie it is.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

XxRainTheSwimmerxX

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I think I'll have her bump into Lizzie's group. Maybe Lizzie finds her and tries to convince her to go with them and such? But for right now I'm going to make an introduction post her character and we'll see where her story progresses from there?

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile