The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Challenge

Nick22 · 247 · 32379

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Snowpaw's eyes glowed red and a white patch of light appeared where Rex had stood. "Yes, someone was here"
(We can't just have Rex and the others pop in at will, we need 'build-up' in the story. This requires limited use of the egg-cracker and other technology. And also the bad guy can't figure all this out yet. We're only 5 pages in... We need a lot more story before it happens)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
(alright I will limit it, sorry, I will put something in that he forgets cause of some crazy event takes his mind off it.)

Rex got back to see Ankylo chasing Quackpot "What is going on here!?" he growled

"Quackpot played another of his stupid jokes!" Ankylo snorted then chase Quackpot.

Rex look at the egg cracker "Oh great it out of power... and I forgot what I found out!!!" Rex roars out throwing the egg cracker it breaking to pieces on impact of the way "Curses! now we have to get that repaired... this isn't my day" Rex mutters.

---

"Stripetail could you take Dirah and the minister on a tour of the ship, we got life support on it now. just keep to the decks we explored" Wayne smiled.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(thanks.  :D )

Alright, But I can't stay long.. Eva's home, and she just started her school year. She's going to have some difficult classes this year" Stripetail replied.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Thank you Stripetail" Wayne said and contiune on his work downloading the data.

"Is this ship corridors big as Wayne reported Lord Stripetail?" Miniser asked Stripetail and the three left the room.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
" From the images Wayne has sent me yes, they are big... I wonder what sort of creature could need such a large corridor..." Stripetail replied.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I would like to see some of these corridors" Minister spoke to Stripetail "this is one of the biggest ships we ever found a drift" Minster said as they come to the cargo room main doors "why are we here? is the cargo bay doors used as the connection port?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Perhaps. I only saw the images briefly" Stripetail admitted. 'Sio I didn't get a good sense of what is what." The doors opened an a huge, dimly lit corridor. Stripetail lit his staff to give them a better light.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Minister looked at the corridor "My god this thing is huge!" Minister blinked looking at the corridor beginning at the port hatch as the doors close behind them. "This thing could easily support our prestorric forms in this" (bad spelling)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail looked at the minister then up at the ceiling, which was clothed in darkness. "Lichtime Supreme" He called out and the entire corridor was ablaze with light. dirah had to blink a few times to adjust to the sudden light. the corridor had to be more than 100 feet wide and at least that in height. "Whatever used this ship had to have been enormous, like a Apatosaur, or Diplodocus" Dirah said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Wayne then came through on internal comm systems "if your hearing this just downloaded system specs for the internal comm of the ship only one way at the moment and also I found some area on the deck below which held some sort of equitment also that are of the ship is smaller for beings that was about 7ft tall or little higher including for those that stand up right. Wayne out" the comm system closes.

"Should we take a look?" Minister asked Stripetail looking at Dirah as well.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Alright" Stripetail said, and began walking dow the hallway. on the other side was a stairwell going down. into darkness. Stripetail spell had only lit the corridor and as the exited the room it faded. "This place.. gives me the creeps.. I can't explain it" Dirah said softly. "my staff only has offensive capabilities, it doesn't light up.." She motioned to the staff she carried in her right claw.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Minister looked around "ONly if we can restore the lighting systems" Minister spoke coming up the the door Wayne spoke about touching the door "It here but without power this isn't opening."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Let Me try" Stripetail said  his paw glowed faintly as he moved to  touch it as he as about to make contact the door swung open. Dirah stepped back in shock. "Perhaps it requires thought' She guessed aloud. "Anyway its open. Lead the way stripetail. " She said into the darkness in front. The sudden opening had rattled her, and it was evident to both the minister and Stripetail.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Emgerency... doors forced at Dinovolving equitment room... ID not idetefired... emgerency protocals engaged" a computer voice spoke out "Please place claw hand on panel to the room. if not this deck will be sealed" a panel lights up

the Minsiter tries it but it fails and the timer goes down "Dirah try it quick!" Dirah puts her claw hand on it and the beam scans the palm "Confirmed... Parasoulopus... Emgerency Protocal deactivated. Power restore Activation..." suddenly all the lights and computers turn on

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dirah, already troubled by her unease, jumped high into the air, and her staff slipped out of her hitting the floor with a clatter. She landed awkwardly, and looked at both of them sheepishly. "just go on" Stripetail said irritated. "you're really jumpy today dirah."
_
I'm sorry Stripetail. I was just following orders" Dirah said softly. She picked up her staff and swore, it had cracked from her dropping it.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They walked in and a beam scanned them and then a image of the staff appears then a metal arm takes Dirah's stuff taking it to a glass dome then it enters from the top "Damage detected on staff... repairing" beams fire on the staff from some more metal arms repairing it in seconds.  then the staff is returned to Dirah

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Staff returned Scanning inhabitants for energy readings' the device said in A second scanner came down from the ceiling and started scanning them It started with the Minister "Level 4 energy readings detected- " It buzzed. Level 4 was a weak magical reading"
_ It next scanned Stripetail "Level 0 energy readings detected.... error switching to higher enderence" It rescanned him. "Extreme energy reading detected. Level 1 assigned" the scanner than moved to Dirah. "ZPE powers detected. Level 2.6 zPE rating given. Power levels stored in memory" The scanner then disappeared into the ceiling.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dirah looked at Stripetail and the minister and blushed. "I haven't exactly been using my ZPE powers lately. 2.6 is only slighly above average"she said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A image appears of a elderly humaniod dinosaur "This message is to only play when Sorcerors as my self and my husbond are detected if this ship was to lose power. I am the Sorcerorces of Replian and this ship is used by our older members that not DInosaucers or Tyrnnos such as myself and my husbond" She spoke getting up with the image following her "I gather you have many questions but if this was to fall into a new relam then you would have to find us to have those questions answered."

"But will tell you about the Dinosaucers and Tyrannos, these are two sides on the planet that fight against each other quite often the tyrannos evil and crawl to the most part and the Dinosacuers protectors of truth and good, each side been in conflict for a while. they will learn the long term, we do not interfer with it even my neaphew is a dinosaucer." She explained to them sitting down at the table drinking some hot liquard "Now these devices you see in the locker ahead these devices can dinovovle a evloved dinosaur back to their routes for a limited time, it a dinosaucer technology. From everything that been down it is believed that a dinosaucer conoloy fleet to a new well over a million years ago fell into a new relam and if your wondering how a claw print" She raise her claw hand up with the palm showing "works it mean your one of those that has been a rank that cleared to enter for a clearance of dinosaucers."

"Now if you wish to speak to me directly. the computer core will have the information on bring you to Replian. Dinosaucers" She gets up with a graceful smile "This message will end and be unable to play back. Take and farewell for now" she nods and the image fades and message ends.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dirah and the minister both looked at stripetail, who was quickly sorting though the information the image had given tioo them. "it means you are a sorceress Dirah" Stripetail said finally. She rolled her eyes. "That's it. I want NO part of this! Find someone else" She snapped and the threw her staff to the ground hard, smashing it into pieces. "They can't Dirah" Stripetail explianed. "You and Wayne.." Dirah glared at him. "He's another reason why i don't want this job! I want to be NORMAL! And don't give me any of this "golden age' junk either, I don't believe in that stuff..superstitious hooey, the lot of it! If we are so advanced.. we have no need for fairy tales like that"
_
 ENOUGH! Stripetail roared blasting her into a nearby wall. "You don't like it! too bad!" Dirah shuddered in pain, the force of her hitting the wall had dented it. "Save me the lecture! I'm out of here!' She spat, wincing in pain as she tyurned away and slowly made her way to the exit. "I'm not changing my mind either, Stripetail, and nobody's going to make me!" she denounced as she began to climb the stairs.
_
 Stripetail turned to the Minister. "Find another female Dinoton and start teaching her ZPE! If Dirah going to be a prick, then move on without her! She's going to get an earful from me!"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: