The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Captain Planet - The Movie

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Jul 1 2013 on  08:57 PM
Yeah I know the feeling phantom how pathetic are they for doing this. What a waste of money this will be.
It wasn't even THAT good of a show.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Phantom,Jul 1 2013 on  09:02 PM
Yeah I know the feeling phantom how pathetic are they for doing this. What a waste of money this will be.
No it wasn't it was horrible. Not one kid gave to hoots about saving the planet and recycling back than. And certainly no one cared about the life lessons the show gave us. Most of the kids did the opposite of what the show tried to teach us. I hated the show but I watched it since I didn't know any better.

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Jul 1 2013 on  09:06 PM
No it wasn't it was horrible. Not one kid gave to hoots about saving the planet and recycling back than. And certainly no one cared about the life lessons the show gave us. Most of the kids did the opposite of what the show tried to teach us. I hated the show but I watched it since I didn't know any better.
And then there was the episode on AIDs . . .  :bolt

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Phantom,Jul 1 2013 on  09:07 PM
Yeah I was shocked by that episode. I was six or seven when I  saw it. No kid needed to learn about unprotected sex at that age. I don't know what they where thinking back than. And about needles and so on. What a risky topic for a kids show.

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Jul 1 2013 on  09:17 PM
Yeah I was shocked by that episode. I was six or seven when I  saw it. No kid needed to learn about unprotected sex at that age. I don't know what they where thinking back than. And about needles and so on. What a risky topic for a kids show.
I'm all for dark topics, but on CAPTAIN PLANET?!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Phantom,Jul 1 2013 on  08:18 PM
Quote from: Petrie85,Jul 1 2013 on  09:17 PM
I'm all for dark topics, but on CAPTAIN PLANET?!
The only other one I recall doing that subject at the time was Slim Goodbody.  He actually did it pretty well. :)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Jun 29 2013 on  01:20 PM
As for being the first animated series about protecting the environment, I'll have to disagree.

There was another show that also premiered in 1990 and that I loved, Widget, The World Watcher. Along with Denver, the Last Dinosaur, these were the two cartoon series I couldn't miss as a child.

I really hope this movie gets made. I liked that actors performance in John Carter, all in all it was a great movie that just wasn't promoted the way it deserved.

I always wanted to watch Captain Planet as a Live Action show, let's see what happens. Kids these days need to worry about these kinds of things. Saving endangered species, stopping global warming and respecting one another, instead of struggling to become rich and famous, just because.
Then why adapt such a big piece of trash to do it. Why not make a movie that's completely original with a great storyline that tackles these issues in a more mature way.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
... Really? Captain Planet? *sigh* Okay then. Ahem.....

HEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRTTT! <3 <3
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wow that is a good point Belmont2500. I don't know why they should jhave done that. Instead they're making something that isn't mature and completely embarrassing. I know right I guess that topic was meant for the older kids back than. Not just for the younger ones like I was when I first saw it. And Gang Violence was something I didn't need to learn about either. Since I didn't live in that type of the neighborhood.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Believe it or not, I know at least one person who is looking forward to this movie. She liked the cartoon, but I have to wonder how she can think that the film adaptation has any chance of being good. I mean, in order for this to work, it'd have to fall into the exact right hands who would know how to retool this in some way.

One way I can think of to make it a little better is to ditch Planeteers and just have Captain Planet be the main character (after a MAJOR character redesign, of course).
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I imagine that they could keep The Planeteers, IF they give them likable personalities.  I seriously don't recall liking even one of them.