The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I Prefer

Petrie · 642 · 55942

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
More stupid?  Possibly chickens, but I really couldn't give you a good answer. :P

Hilighting important passages or underlining them?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Highlighting... underlining cuts out the "g"'s and the "j"'s =P

Lazanha or pizza?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm taking a guess that you wrote "lasagna" there and I actually would like that over pizza. :)

marshmellow chocolate candies or peanut butter chocolate candies?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Ups.. I guess I wasn't paying attention when I wrote that.. but it is lasagna =P
I'll leave the question to someone else cause I never had any of those

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They don't have Reese's candies over there in Europe?  :huh:   You mean the US actually HASN'T mass-marketed something? :P  They're renowed for peanut butter cups.  They've come out with marshmellow ones around Halloween too.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
lol... I never did get that.. what is peanut butter? I mean.. is it butter with peanuts? Cause if it wasn't for the american movies I'd never hear of it (btw they don't translate thim, they're all with subtitles maybe that's why our english is better than the spanish's =P)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Though peanut butter is available in Germany I had my first real contact with it during my students exchanged. I found it tasted quite alright. Not too long ago I bought a glas of peanut butter here, but unfortunately I picked up one with small pieces of peanuts in it. Generally I don't have anything against peanuts, but I have some really problems eating nuts right now, as I'm wearing a brace that is very complicate to clear if pieces of nuts get stuck in it. It's driving me nuts  ;)
In general peanut butter is a very, very American food. I remember the quote of a GI who was in England during WW2 waiting for the invasion to begin. Apparently he and his men were not too fond of the British food for he wrote: "I guess the first glass of peanut butter that arrived here from the states saved our all lifes!"   :lol:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Guess I took it for granted that you guys were familiar with peanut butter. :P

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As I said I am familiar with peanutbutter, but not with the kinds of candy you described. Sorry, but I'm afraid we need a different I prefer question.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hmmm.....

Paper clip or staple? (to hold paper together)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It is difficult to find the difference of a paper clip and a staple in a dictionary. However I do think paper clip would be my choice or (in case I still don't have the right idea of what both of this is) it would definitely be the one of the two things that does less damage to the paper.

Sticking with office materials: For drawing, do you prefer pencils with hard or soft leads?

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't write much with pencils anymore--except for exams and just about all require a pencil with #2 lead....whatever that means. :P

Binder or folder?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Folder.. you can always take the pages out.. or put some in the middle of others...

Normal computer, or portable one (I know there's a name for those but I can't remember it)?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^ labtop is the name you were looking for. I'm gonna get one soon for my university studies, and I guess I'm going to prefer it for it's mobility. Can't be sure yet though as I never used a labtop before.

School or university examinations, do you prefer written or oral examinations?

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
uh, "laptop" Malte. ;)  Labtop sounds like something you'd wear in a chemistry laboratory.  :lol:  j/k

I absolutely love my laptop as it has all the power my desktop ("normal") computer had and I can take it to and from school.  Also another neat thing is provided there's a wireless router somewhere in a building I can use it to connect to the internet without using any wires. :D :D  http://reviews.cnet.com/Dell_Inspiron_5150...7-30418693.html

That's what I have.  Not a cheap puppy there, so I hope it lasts for a very very long time. :)

Ugh, written examinations....oral ones make me nervous.  :unsure:

Hard copy of a newspaper or reading news articles online?  (Most major newspapers have online editons)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Nuthing beats a good ol' fashioned newspaper on the train coing home from work! LOL! :) Online articles are cool and all but prefer to have something a little more tangible.

Kinda appropriate for me this one as Im still trying to sort out a net connection at uni but here goes...

Ethernet or Wi-Fi card... (cable or infra-red connection)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Definitely infrarot! By my mum we always have to put a cable in the telephonebox when we want to be online and so long it's in the box nobody ban phone us, even if you're not online but just forgot to pull the cable out.

Getting up early and getting most of your jobs, tasks, chores or whatever done in the morning or forenoon.
or
Sleeping out and doing jobs, tasks, chores, and stuff in the afternoon?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Depends purely on their importance but generally I like to get 'em outta the way first thing so I've got the rest of the day to do as I wish

Are you:

The life and soul of a party or the quiet shy one who sits in the corner?

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't even go to parties. :P  So I'd be the quiet one.

Printing in color or black and white?