The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Littlefoot's Nightmare

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
Disclaimer: I don't own The Land Before Time characters. Only my OC's

A/N: This story mainly focuses on Littlefoot's nightmares of his mother's death. My OC's are vaguely mentioned in this.

Everyone in the Great Valley was having a very good sleep. Only one individual is having trouble. Littlefoot has been suffering from nightmares of his mother's death ever since he arrived at the Great Valley. He was crying in his sleep; luckily for him, his grandparents were heavy sleepers.

"No! No! Mom! Please don't die! I need you!" Littlefoot called out.

Meanwhile, Cera realized she couldn't sleep either. She wandered over to get a drink when she heard Littlefoot pleading in his sleep. After a moment, Cera decided that her drink can wait for a while. She had a more important thing to do; and that is to make sure Littlefoot was okay. She rushed to his side and nudged him. He woke up, startled and looked at Cera with tears streaking all over his cheeks.

"Cera? What are you doing here?" Littlefoot asked.

"Well; I was on my way to the watering hole for a drink when I heard you screaming; that's when I decided that I can get a drink later; I was just checking to see if you were okay," Cera admitted.

Littlefoot couldn't believe this. Cera had changed so much since he met her a year ago.

"CERA!" Topsy called out.

The threehorn saw her dad rushing towards her and Littlefoot. He noticed the tears all over Littlefoot's face.

"I thought you were just gonna get a drink; and here you are with Littlefoot; and why is Littlefoot crying?" Topsy wondered.

Soon enough, Grandma and Grandpa Longneck woke up. They wandered over to where Cera, Topsy and Littlefoot are. They bent down and noticed that Littlefoot's face was covered in tears.

"Oh dear; did you have the dream again?" Grandma asked.

"The one about your mother dying in front of you?" Grandpa added.

Littlefoot looked at his grandparents and nodded.

"You poor thing; I'm so sorry," Grandma replied, nuzzling him.

Grandpa looked over at Topsy.

"What are you looking at? I was just checking to see what Cera was up to," Topsy defended himself.

Grandpa lowered his head to Cera.

"Shouldn't you be in bed?" Grandpa asked.

"I couldn't sleep; my own mother's death was hard on me, too," Cera admitted.

"I see; well, as I told your father, I'm sorry for your loss," Grandpa said.

"Thanks," Cera said.

Grandpa smiled.

Littlefoot felt better after a while. Soon enough, Cera and Topsy went back to their nest and Littlefoot managed to fall asleep again. Grandma and Grandpa smiled over at their sleeping grandson.

"I think he's gonna be okay; he still has a family here and a bunch of friends," Grandpa said.

"Yeah," Grandma replied.

Soon enough, they both went back to sleep with smiles on their faces.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
This was a nice though sad short story. I'm surprised they never have Littlefoot have nightmares about the day his mum died in any of the sequels or TV show. I kinda wish they would. Mind they have very little sense to continuity. Also I like how you have them refer to dreams as dreams, and not sleep story's......
Also nice to see Cera really is sorry that Littlefoots mum died. I like to think she never really meant to insult her and only said it out of anger. Must admit I do find it sad how in your cannon Cera's mum and sisters did indeed die.... :(

Anyway this was a good story.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
Quote from: Dalekdino,May 21 2016 on  07:24 AM
This was a nice though sad short story. I'm surprised they never have Littlefoot have nightmares about the day his mum died in any of the sequels or TV show. I kinda wish they would. Mind they have very little sense to continuity. Also I like how you have them refer to dreams as dreams, and not sleep story's......
Also nice to see Cera really is sorry that Littlefoots mum died. I like to think she never really meant to insult her and only said it out of anger. Must admit I do find it sad how in your cannon Cera's mum and sisters did indeed die.... :(

Thanks! I put a lot of thought into this story.

Yeah; the reason why I had the characters refer to dreams as dreams is because I don't like the term sleep story. When I first saw the tenth movie when it came out on DVD, it was the first time I heard dreams being referred to as sleep stories; and I thought... Why? What's wrong with calling them dreams?

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Start was good but I feel story conclusion is a bit... odd. and.. unfinished somehow?

I would be very surprised if they mention ANY sad moment in sequels (my wish would never make true...)

And I still wait for moment when Cera apologizes for her actions in original movie (especially for insulting Mama longneck )

What's wrong with calling them dreams?
That's LBT universe. Dinos have different terminology and rules. :D
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Littlefoot fan 1990,May 21 2016 on  02:07 PM
Quote from: Dalekdino,May 21 2016 on  07:24 AM

Thanks! I put a lot of thought into this story.

Yeah; the reason why I had the characters refer to dreams as dreams is because I don't like the term sleep story. When I first saw the tenth movie when it came out on DVD, it was the first time I heard dreams being referred to as sleep stories; and I thought... Why? What's wrong with calling them dreams?
Yes think I remember you saying on another topic you don't like the term sleep story, as do I. What bugs me is they called dreams dreams in the 6th and 7th movie.. Another case of continuity thrown out the window. And they call dreams dreams in the best friend song in LBT. Way to be conistant.