The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

When should we expect news about LBT 15?

Sovereign · 257 · 33238

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I was on Jenny Nicholson's Land Before Time video the other day and kept seeing comments saying there was a 15th film coming out in September this year... quickly debunked of course but oh well (I do remember going all Sherlock Holmes trying to find official information with regards to JotB when we first heard it was being made  :lol). I'm surprised Universal went out of their way to give us a new LBT in Journey of the Brave only to leave the series to supposedly die again but I guess they were testing the waters to see if the series would still be popular with a new generation of kids and by the looks of it, it sadly wasn't the case.

Never say never, though. We all said the series was dead after Wisdom of Friends and look what happened.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 11:26:43 AM by somerandomfangirl »

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Oh that's a sad thought. That Universal was testing the waters with 14 and getting a lackluster response. Anyone seen any numbers to indicate one way or the other?

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Oh that's a sad thought. That Universal was testing the waters with 14 and getting a lackluster response. Anyone seen any numbers to indicate one way or the other?

Well, the 14th film did make it on the home video charts (the DVD charts) during 2016.  But that was only for a little while I guess.  Other than that, there’s nothing else I can find online that is number-based.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Well, the 14th film did make it on the home video charts (the DVD charts) during 2016.  But that was only for a little while I guess.  Other than that, there’s nothing else I can find online that is number-based.

Indeed it made it to 11th on the charts of video releases, “ Journey of the Brave, In its first week of release the film debuted at No. 11 on the top 20 Home Video titles.” (Wikipedia)

Here are the estimated numbers for Journey of the Brave:

“ Est. Domestic DVD Sales   
$3,202,105   

Total Est. Domestic Video Sales $3,202,105.” (https://m.the-numbers.com/movie/Land-Before-Time-XIV-Journey-of-the-Brave-The)

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
I don't have that much hope for a 15th movie. Of course, it would be wonderful, but I highly doubt there will ever be a new movie.

Some shows and sequels intentionally come to an end, or some sort of conclusion.

And even if there were a movie to be made, we wouldn't know until the trailer comes out, as the creators and producers don't expect children to be searching on the internet for updated news. (little do they realize a forum exists about people constantly searching for news.)

In conclusion, I'd like a new movie, promised that they come up with a decent plot, but I'm not 100% sure that there will ever be a 15th one. But hey, atleast we got fanfiction!
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
That's my thinking. The odds aren't high, but at least we got fanfiction!

That gave me a thought though. I wonder if anyone who worked on the movies know about this forum? It could be a few!

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
That's my thinking. The odds aren't high, but at least we got fanfiction!

That gave me a thought though. I wonder if anyone who worked on the movies know about this forum? It could be a few!

Checking social media accounts of the voice actors is a possibility to see who knows about this forum… :thinking

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I think a remake is by far more likely than 15th film.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
    • View Profile

As in, CGI perhaps? Hope they nail the designs.
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

As in, CGI perhaps? Hope they nail the designs.

Yeah, that idea concerns me. How do you even translate their designs to 3d? Littlefoot worked so well in 2d. I'd hope they just stick to flash or whatever the modern equivalent is.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
My biggest preference would be for 2d as well, but I'm not necessarily opposed to 3d. I think it could still work if they kept a 'cartoony' style to it, as opposed to trying to make it look more realistic.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Same! Would love to see more of Chompers parents. And I haven't watched the TV series but I still think the question of his future in the The Valley is completely unresolved.

You actually have a pretty good point, focus on the other main characters, and you’ll create a good movie (just like the 8th movie).

I think any storyline involving Chomper is going to have a lot of built-in-potential for emotion and conflict. On one hand, Littlefoot practically adopted Chomper and out of the entire gang seemed the most keen to care of him and to think of him as family.

On the other hand, Littlefoot also lost his mother to a Sharp Tooth, and there's gotta be some left over trauma there that I could imagine would make it harder for Littlefoot to deal with the fact that one of his best friends is actually an apex predator. It might make him uncomfortable level, although undoubtly he wouldn't want to show it, or even more likely, he might go into full on denial mode and refuse to reckon with it altogether.

Anyway, there is A LOT of potential there plotwise for a new sequel.
That is MOST CERTAINLY an idea befitting one of those coming-of-age stories.

A perfect kind of theme to end the LBT franchise on, if anything.

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Same! Would love to see more of Chompers parents. And I haven't watched the TV series but I still think the question of his future in the The Valley is completely unresolved.

You actually have a pretty good point, focus on the other main characters, and you’ll create a good movie (just like the 8th movie).

I think any storyline involving Chomper is going to have a lot of built-in-potential for emotion and conflict. On one hand, Littlefoot practically adopted Chomper and out of the entire gang seemed the most keen to care of him and to think of him as family.

On the other hand, Littlefoot also lost his mother to a Sharp Tooth, and there's gotta be some left over trauma there that I could imagine would make it harder for Littlefoot to deal with the fact that one of his best friends is actually an apex predator. It might make him uncomfortable level, although undoubtly he wouldn't want to show it, or even more likely, he might go into full on denial mode and refuse to reckon with it altogether.

Oh yeah exactly! A perfect bittersweet ending to the franchise!

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Also, I have a feeling that they might keep it in 2d, but in the style of 'who framed roger rabbit.'

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Oh yeah that's likely. And that new My Little Pony movie went CGI but in a way that really recreates the 2d art style.

That said, dammit the more I think about it the more I hope for a 2d version. I'm just not sure the characters will be as expressive in 3d.

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Me as well.  I'm over here giving suggestions about how the next movie should look, and we aren't even sure that there will ever be a new film.

I keep my hopes up too high...

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Oh yeah that's likely. And that new My Little Pony movie went CGI but in a way that really recreates the 2d art style.

That said, dammit the more I think about it the more I hope for a 2d version. I'm just not sure the characters will be as expressive in 3d.
It would be different, but I think I'd be okay with a LBT film in *that* kind of CGI.  :thinking

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Depends on who's making it, if we do get another LBT film. If it's another DTV sequel, then I think it'll be the same 2D animation we've always had, given that Universal Animation Studios still uses it for Curious George, which I believe is the only thing they're continuing with film-wise at the moment. If it's a remake (and a theatrical release), then it'll probably be made by either Illumination or Dreamworks in CGI. I think something similar to what MLP did would work.

I've got a gut feeling JOTB isn't the last thing we're going to see of LBT. I'm wondering if the success of Jurassic World and more recently Camp Cretaceous might sway things in LBT's favour. JW covers the older audience, Camp Cretaceous covers older kids and teens since it has quite a lot of off screen deaths and some pretty serious action, and there's a gap for the younger kids that LBT could fill. Maybe. :p

But if there were to be a new film, Universal really needs to market it better. They made so many poor decisions with JOTB. Being a Walmart/Netflix exclusive for ages, no sign of any international release for ages (according to Amazon, the DVD didn't release in the UK until 2019  :!), and not much info out there for people who weren't specifically looking for new LBT content.

As laughable as the YouTube channel is, at least it shows that it hasn't been forgotten about. The numbers aren't bad on it either, considering it's a series that hasn't had anything new come out for 5 years. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If we get to the 9 year mark and still have nothing, that's when I'll finally admit that the series has probably reached its conclusion. :p

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile

Oh yeah exactly! A perfect bittersweet ending to the franchise!
Yeah. I mean, it'd be especially poignant for all those who grew up on this franchise. After all, LBT was treasured by the 90s and 2000s kids.

fried-longneck

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • He could be any one of us
    • View Profile
What if LBT XV was real and devoloped,but was cancelled at some point?