The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Language Game

Hypno · 25 · 3083

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Alright so, I came up with an idea for a game (possibly hard game) where you have to try and translate a word, sentence phrase, or even part of a song. It an be any language you'd like.

The aim of the game is to be the first to earn 50 points (100 or more if you guys want). 50 points racks up a win, and someone can keep track of the wins. I have a feeling that someone with good language knowledge will do good here :p

You can try and guess the language or the word, sentence, or phrase.
You have to guess the language of the word/sentence/phrase first, and then you can guess the word/sentence/phrase itself and translate it in english in the same post. If you don't know the actual word/sentence/phrase/song lyrics you can pass that part.
It is encouraged to try not to use Google Translate, okay? :)

5 people get to guess, but the first person to answer THE FULL word/sentence/phrase/song lyrics correctly gets to make the next phrase. If nobody answers the full word/sentence/phrase/song lyrics correctly, then the person with the closest guess(s) can make the next word/sentence/phrase/song lyrics.

Point amounts:

For words:
0 points for getting everything or the word wrong
1 points - guessing the language at least
2 points - guessing the word correctly

For sentences/phrases/song lyrics:
0 points for getting everything wrong
1 point - guessing the language at least
2 points - guessing part of the sentence/phrase/song lyrics
3 points - guessing the whole sentence/phrase/song lyrics

This might be tough :sducky
If there are any flaws in my explanation or the rules, please tell me :sducky

Edit: I forgot one thing! I forgot to start!

Sisi ni sawa (should be an easy one :p)
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That is pretty easy if you've heard the song.  :p The language is Swahili and it means "we are the same" if I'm not mistaken.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you for answering honestly (hopefully!) because you can very easily cheat in this game.
You get 3 points Sovereign, and you may choose the next thing for us to guess.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nope, I knew the song already so I didn't cheat. I truly hope this isn't too difficult but it has been heard in some piece of news in the recent years.  :)

Achhe din aane waale hain.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
could this be finnish? :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Tis German but don't know what you're saying.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, nope. 2 more guesses!  ;) I'll say that this language isn't European.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't even know that many languages :sducky

indonesian?

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That's a closer guess but still not quite correct. :sducky

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
closer hmm... Filipino? Or whatever the language of the philippines is called :sducky:

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nope, and that was the 5th guess. The language is India's main language Hindi and phrase was the slogan used by the BJP party during the 2014 election campaign. It translates into Good times are coming.

Ducky may have the next turn as he was closest to the truth.  :)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think I'll add that to the rules ;)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Pokoj  :)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This a pure guess but could that be Littlefoot in Hungarian?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
neither of your guesses are correct. Though, I think you got the correct language family already :)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Pokoj...something like Poko. ...Japanese I think? I believe that's the pronounciation of something, but what?

Maybe we should add more guesses. This game is pretty hard, maybe some hints could be said too?