The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

SCRIPT for Original Uncut LBT FOUND!

Hypno · 50 · 18390

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
At long last, the script for the original, raw, uncut TLBT is available for all to see! :wow :wow :wow
Just go here to view the entire thing! :D

edit June 2019: that link no longer works, go here instead for the new .pdf link from the LBT wikia, this will be here virtually forever
Edit by Mumbling: here's the transcribed script, a tad easier to read/search: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12uQ-hzyvk-s-VIbr6MfoX3AaA6rNwsZTEy09zk86Zxo/

The script is from the May 1987 revision and contains never-before-seen scenes of the film and dialogue. We learned that Petrie was originally going to communicate by whistling, that Cera was going to have an even more angry side than in the movie, among many other new discoveries. Due to the sheer amount of info that this script contains, it's going to take a very long time to discuss every change and make them known to others. This may be the biggest news of the decade concerning the deleted scenes (unless you count the Sharptooth storyboards being more major than this), so I want to make it feel like it was worth it for Sneak to purchase it :yes
After the result of:

1. Sneak buying it on Scriptfly for $14.95 US

2. Which I found out about the script being on Scriptfly by asking the user "havesomedisney" on Tumblr (he had the script, he posted bits of it there so I definitely wanted to see the full script for myself)

3. Which I found the Tumblr blog from asking fellow LBT wiki user "Disneysaurus" about where he got the script images he uploaded

4. As he uploaded the script bits to the wiki and didn't post them anywhere, so I asked him where he got them and he told me the Tumblr blog he found them on

This script is finally available to view as a PDF file! While it isn't the absolute greatest news that I could give (the actual scenes themselves, fully animated, would be the biggest news of all) this is one step closer to experiencing the original uncut film in its glory.

I made a topic specifically for the script to specifically discuss the script itself as this is the second-biggest news about the deleted scenes that we could possibly get. So a big question to begin this topic for the script would be; what do you think is the most major discovery that is contained in this script that we were not aware of of before? :)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 02:45:07 AM by Mumbling »
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I haven't had the chance to look at the script but I just want to give a huge shout out to Sneak for biting the bullet and purchasing the script and to you Hypno for putting the work in to find it. I can't forget about Sovereign either as he wrote the letter for you to use.

Anyways, you guys rock! :)littlefoot

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I can't forget about Sovereign either as he wrote the letter for you to use.

Thanks for remembering me, too. :D Yes, this was a really amazing find as I said on the other thread. For me, the most interesting thing in the script was the original flow of the later part of the film and the exact way the sequence surrounding Littlefoot and Cera's fight was originally going to work. Those parts would have been much darker than what we have today and much more interesting and logical, most likely.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Let's not forget main thing: it's possibly NOT original script, as stated on ScriptFly site itself, it's one of later versions.
So, since work at cartoon was started one year before, and script doesn't contain some known storyboards, as I understand... It's not the most original or uncut version of movie. :D

But yeah, it's amazing find, thanks to that Disney guy! :D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:03:01 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Ah brilliant! I was hoping someday the original script would show up, a good way to finally find out how some of the deleted scenes went.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I think I'm going to review every single page in the near future to help break everything down for everyone in the near future :)
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://davetheanalyzer.dreamwidth.org
Nice find. I read the excerpts and the summary of what the script contained on Tumblr and it would have done well to elaborate on the movie’s themes and characters points.

However, if there’s one thing I prefer in the final cut rather than this version, it is Littlefoot’s decision to kill Sharptooth. In the script, he is guilty about them accidentally leading Sharptooth to the Great Valley and wants to kill him to protect both the gang and the valley. In the final cut, Littlefoot immediately saying ”Let’s get rid of him once and for all!” and the way he delivers his lines thereafter hold a hint he’s also jumping at the opportunity to have some vengeance. The twisted little part of me can’t help but find that appealing and see it as a potential seed to corrupt him in fanfic (I initially thought the script portrayed Littlefoot as morally conflicted about killing someone but decided it’s the right thing to do. Yet going back to the post, it seems I misread and/or misremembered that.)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Absolutely support this!

Honestly, despite all of his good character, thoughts, intentions, viewing of sharpteeth's nature, etc, love to see how Littlefoot expresses how he wants not to only protect newfound valley from some sharpteeth who are about to enter the valley, but also to, ahem, literally get rid of one sharptooth who brought him a huge pain and who can continue to do it again. And I don't think it's OOC or "pure corruption" or something! Not here, since he's still 5 years old child who ended in hostile environment and tough situation for children of his age! He can act like this or say something rude in the most tense moments, like when he told to not say stupid stories about Sharptooth, when he fought Cera or when he screamed and left the rest of the gang when they prefered to go other way.

So, in my vision, I would like to see mix of both script's and movie's versions, when Littlefoot explains why they need to stop Sharptooth now by themselves, and then angrily adds a sentence about killing him for good once and for all.

And lol, I even wanted to write his thoughts in fics, what he actually thought in that scene. Then how he panicked and thought he has just led his friends to their death because of his plan to make personal revenge in the most part of his plan, when Sharptooth jumped at the cliff with stone that rejected to move, and now they're all will die because of him. And then, after talking with his grandparents, remembering Rooter's words, and selfthinking, he changes, and this change was a reason why he looked at newborn Chomper in that new way.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 06:21:12 PM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://davetheanalyzer.dreamwidth.org
I didn’t mean that his vengeful reaction indicates anything unusual about him. The hostile circumstances that shaped his kill decision make sense (Though even in the original script, the gang was still oddly quick to agree with killing someone, more questioning on the hows rather than moral quandaries of it. Eh, maybe the target being their sharptooth stalker made it easier). I meant more that it could be something for him to angst about or be a thing some other villain can use to try to corrupt him.

Your ideal about merging both versions of this scene is interesting. It would’ve been good to have more of an arc about this hint for wanting vengeance might actually endanger others.

Looking at other deleted scenes…this was covered before but I do like seeing Cera’s exact dialogue when she refuses to have Spike come along, which is “All spiketails can do is eat and burp.” Of course, this could still have happened but off-screen. It makes a nice contrast to later in their lives where, though she does find him annoying and underestimates him, she values him as a friend. It’s one of those under-focused bonds I find some interest in.

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
This came as a big surprise! It's amazing to see how different the movie would have been! I found the ending especially heartwarming with their parents' odd reaction to how they all became friends. I wish they had included that.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
This is a pretty nice find!  It's incredible to me that something can be found 30 years later like this.

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
Well I'll be! We finally can see what the original cut was going to be like! All Land Before Time fans, raise your hands in celebration of this wonderful find! Hurrah!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
One difference I'm already seeing is that Littlefoot is called "Thunderfoot."
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor on Mar 19 2018, 06:56:23 PM
One difference I'm already seeing is that Littlefoot is called "Thunderfoot."
Here’s the deal with that: Universal was going to call him Thunderfoot, but then at the last minute, they found out that there was a dinosaur in a children’s book with that name, so they decided to call him Littlefoot instead. I personally think Littlefoot has a better ring to it, even though Thunderfoot will make more sense when he grows up.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I see. Thank you.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You’re welcome. It’s nice to see you back, by the way.