The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

SCRIPT for Original Uncut LBT FOUND!

Hypno · 50 · 18425

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover on Mar 10 2018, 03:11:31 PM
This is a pretty nice find!  It's incredible to me that something can be found 30 years later like this.  
Same here. It takes a lot of dedication to dig up fossils like this (pun intended).

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ENEC9p8BwA

Deleted mud scene (at 0:11) detailed more in this.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 04:20:46 PM by Pikkutassu »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks for bringing that connection up even if we've seen that scene before. :) In any case, it's good to see you again. You and your efforts to search for the uncut film were one of the things that raised my interest to this site in the first place. ^^spike

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Pikkutassu?..
hmm, I have seen this name somewhere...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FINLAND!!!!!!!!!!
WHERE IS VHS COPY OF UNCUT  LBT??????????????? TELL ME!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 07:11:56 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I've seen this guy from some of the older deleted scene posts from around 2010-ish.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Hypno on Apr 29 2018, 08:18:32 AM
I've seen this guy from some of the older deleted scene posts from around 2010-ish.
6/14
0/26

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign on Apr 28 2018, 04:23:52 PM
Thanks for bringing that connection up even if we've seen that scene before. :) In any case, it's good to see you again. You and your efforts to search for the uncut film were one of the things that raised my interest to this site in the first place. ^^spike
Yeah still thinking about it, almost ten years since I wandered here :D It's good to see GoF going strong and this is a really nice discovery.  Malte still around here?

The outcut scenes thread original post has died out with all the pics gone. I think it would deserve to be revived a bit with all the later discovered cels and footage gathered in one post, we even have the script now for accurate description of the scenes.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 06:24:46 PM by Pikkutassu »

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Malte has mostly become a silent observer here. He is now into My Little Pony.
Inactive, probably forever.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pikkutassu on Apr 30 2018, 05:23:45 PM
Yeah still thinking about it, almost ten years since I wandered here :D It's good to see GoF going strong and this is a really nice discovery.  Malte still around here?

The outcut scenes thread original post has died out with all the pics gone. I think it would deserve to be revived a bit with all the later discovered cels and footage gathered in one post, we even have the script now for accurate description of the scenes.
I read through that thread a while back and managed to get a number of images from it (before the Photobucket crap happened) and uploaded some of them to the LBT wiki. There's a user on there that I also found out was secretly uploading never-befores-seen cels on there since 2014. There's one of Littlefoot's mother in pain and it fits in the script actually.

As for putting all the scenes and cels into one post would be a massive undetaking at this point, something that would be considered a major project myself. Summer is coming up soon so I might do it. I'll have a lot more free time and the motivation to spend the countless hours working on putting together a massive, user-friendly review/guide which talks about the script, cels, storyboards and deleted scenes in detail.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pikkutassu on Apr 28 2018, 03:19:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ENEC9p8BwA

Deleted mud scene (at 0:11) detailed more in this.

Wow, if that scene made it into the movie, I probably would've been a been mortified as a kid.

Or maybe not.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypno on May 3 2018, 05:16:11 PM
Quote from: Pikkutassu on Apr 30 2018, 05:23:45 PM

I read through that thread a while back and managed to get a number of images from it (before the Photobucket crap happened) and uploaded some of them to the LBT wiki. There's a user on there that I also found out was secretly uploading never-befores-seen cels on there since 2014. There's one of Littlefoot's mother in pain and it fits in the script actually.

As for putting all the scenes and cels into one post would be a massive undetaking at this point, something that would be considered a major project myself. Summer is coming up soon so I might do it. I'll have a lot more free time and the motivation to spend the countless hours working on putting together a massive, user-friendly review/guide which talks about the script, cels, storyboards and deleted scenes in detail.
Did you get the berry-scene? It's also in the script. I had only these still stored, might as well put them up here:

https://i.imgur.com/vft2EEK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EFd1NN0.jpg

There was one more pic of this waterfall scene in malte's post.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 01:01:10 PM by Pikkutassu »

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The only image on the wiki of the Berry scene is the one cel with Ducky holding the berries with the others. So that means there's nothing on the wiki's unused images that are new for that particular scene.

Also, as for the images you linked, they are on the LBT wiki but I believe I'm the one who added them. They were on the Lost Media Archive wiki and so I downloaded them from there and uploaded them to the LBT wiki.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 04:59:35 PM by Hypno »

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Holy crap, it's a good thing I downloaded all of the pages and uploaded all the images last week, because the link in the OP doesn't work anymore...!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
yep, I intentionally deleted it couple days ago after I read discussions and wiki.
Everyone who wanted would download it already.  :bestsharptooth
6/14
0/26

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile

yep, I intentionally deleted it couple days ago after I read discussions and wiki.
Everyone who wanted would download it already.  :bestsharptooth

I was a bit disappointed, considering that I just found out about this thread in the morning and took an interest in it. But hey, at least the script is already on the LBT wiki, as said by Hypno. Since nobody has posted the direct link to the PDF, I'll do everyone a favor and do it here. I can imagine that some others were crushed to find out the Google Drive link was no longer working, and I was one of them.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I had the same shock and was happy I had saved it to my computer. Glad to know it was removed for a logical reason :)

As I mentioned on the Discord channel I am currently copying the script over to a Google document so that it can be more easily read/searched. Link is here for now: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12uQ-hzyvk-s-VIbr6MfoX3AaA6rNwsZTEy09zk86Zxo/edit?usp=sharing

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm curious, what was the logical reasoning for the removal of the link based on the discussions you read?

I'm also going to point out that on the LBT wiki, I saw a thread with an actual short clip of Littlefoot and Cera being swept away by the mud and colliding with Sharptooth's foot. There's also a 19 second audio clip of the music that played for the deleted scene. This was only posted very recently, so come check it out if you're interested. :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

I was a bit disappointed, considering that I just found out about this thread in the morning and took an interest in it. But hey, at least the script is already on the LBT wiki, as said by Hypno. Since nobody has posted the direct link to the PDF, I'll do everyone a favor and do it here. I can imagine that some others were crushed to find out the Google Drive link was no longer working, and I was one of them.

Awesome. Thanks for putting the script back up. This pleases me. :cerahappy

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^Just to clarify, the PDF file was already uploaded to the LBT wiki, and I only posted the direct link to the PDF here for more convenience. So I didn't really put the script back up per se. I wouldn't have had the script saved on my computer to upload again anyway if I only just found out about the thread on the day of its deletion, would I? :P

But, you're welcome anyway. :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I see. Well all the same, I only knew about the link to the script that was on Sneak's drive, so it's still thanks to you that I discovered the new link. I originally didn't know that the PDF had already been uploaded to the LBT wiki.