The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

War Before Time - Concept Art

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Introducing Dagara the Sharpneck!

Hidden Valley's only amargasaurus, Dagara is the last of her kind (so far as we know).  This endling is the protagonist of 'Because You're a Sharpneck'.  It occurred to me that many may be unfamiliar with her kind, which might just be my favourite dinosaur species after I recently found out about them.  Thus, I decided to create a visual representation that nobody asked for!

Check out her fics:
Because You're a Sharpneck
Because You're a Sharpneck (Gang of Five forum versions)
or Because You're a Sharpneck
Because You're a Sharpneck (FanFiction version)

Babysitting a Sharpneck - Threehorn 'babysitting' isn't what you think it is.  Find out in this short, comedic oneshot.

Surviving a Sharpneck - Cera forces Dagara into a confrontation to prove whose the toughest girl in the gang.  Things escalate quickly.

Circle of Death - Red Claw finally catches the gang and Dagara, but things are not what they seem.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 07:31:27 PM by The Mr E »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Look, a spikeneck flathead!  :cerasmug

It looks very cool! :D
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Thanks, ha ha!  'Spikenecks'?  Is that what some people call them?  In my case, I call them 'sharpnecks' as a subtle nod to ... well, check out the story to find out.  Let's just say her spikes aren't the only sharp thing about her  ;)Cera.

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Stardisk's strange digital corner
Hah, not bad. I wonder how this creature would look like when it will become adult.
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation

View my art project Internet Before Time (last update was 2020/11/18!)

Discussion of LBT games for PS1

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Thank you!  I might answer that question with an image at some point, but for now I'll say she'll grow even spikier: an interesting balance between sharptooth-level intimidation and swan-like elegance ... but don't ever tell her that last part.  She hates the idea of being 'elegant'.

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
The picture from the first message is gone  :littlefoot

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
^Hmm, I was just wondering about that myself. Was it the same image as the one on the fanfic link? Very cool design either way.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 05:30:17 PM by StardustSoldier »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
yeah, direct link to picture, placed in cdnb.artstation.com, returns "forbidden" now.
Better to post pictures to free image hostings, where they won't suddenly disappear.

Yeah, it's dino from fanfiction.net avatar.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Sorry everyone.   I'm pretty sure that was my fault as opposed to ArtStation's.  I did a lot of scatter-brained stuff to try and get the picture at just the right size on this site  :rhett_smile.  Is it working now?  Furthermore, does anyone know how to scale images, or does it purely depend on the size of the source image?

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Sorry everyone.   I'm pretty sure that was my fault as opposed to ArtStation's.  I did a lot of scatter-brained stuff to try and get the picture at just the right size on this site  :rhett_smile.  Is it working now?  Furthermore, does anyone know how to scale images, or does it purely depend on the size of the source image?

Yes, it is working now.
To change the size of image, add width or height parameter in pixels to the IMG tag.
For example:
Code: [Select]
[img width=1000]https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/031/004/068/large/ethan-alleyne-dagara-small.jpg?1602284106[/img]Or:
[img height=500]https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/031/004/068/large/ethan-alleyne-dagara-small.jpg?1602284106[/img]I wouldn't recommend you to put both parameters at the same time because it can ruin the aspect ratio of the image.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 09:17:32 PM by Stardisk »

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

Yes, it is working now.
To change the size of image, add width or height parameter in pixels to the IMG tag.
For example:
[img width=1000]https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/031/004/068/large/ethan-alleyne-dagara-small.jpg?1602284106[/img]Or:
[/code]
I wouldn't recommend you to put both parameters at the same time because it can ruin the aspect ratio of the image.

Thank you so much!  I plan to do some more artwork of her, but for now here's a profile.

[/code]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 10:20:32 PM by The Mr E »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Very cool Mr E! I'm not much into OCs personally but this one is really unique. I like the flowing pattern on the back!

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Very cool Mr E! I'm not much into OCs personally but this one is really unique. I like the flowing pattern on the back!

Thank you  :)!  Some of her secondary colour distribution was initially more like Littlefoot's, but I decided to spice it up a bit.  I'd love to see people use the amargasaurus species more in fiction.  Her dynamic with Littlefoot will hopefully be interesting.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
WOW!! :Mo This is such a unique and well done character design--I hardly ever see Amargasaurus get any attention, but they're such a cool species! I really hope we'll see more art from you in the future!

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
WOW!! :Mo This is such a unique and well done character design--I hardly ever see Amargasaurus get any attention, but they're such a cool species! I really hope we'll see more art from you in the future!

Thanks so much!! :D  I intend to release more art at some point, roping in The Gang of Five and designs for the Far Beyonders (beings from Beyond the Mysterious Beyond).  Might submit a comic featuring Dagara in the near future.  In the meantime, I'd appreciate your take on her story.  Though she ultimately meets the gang in future instalments, I'd like to know if the OC-driven tale is effective.  You can find it at https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13556382/1/Because-You-re-a-Sharpneck-A-War-Before-Time-Oneshot

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

Young adult Dagara, Hidden Valley's mightiest warrior (not that most threehorns will admit it).  After years of tempering her battle instincts, she's mellowed out somewhat.  As you can see, she's no longer afraid to reveal her teeth, which are rather unusual for a longneck, but perfectly normal for a sharpneck.

This is supposed to be an art board for all things War Before Time, and yet it seems I'm stuck on Dagara for the moment :petrieLOL.  The style here is a little different from my original drawing.  I may redesign her at some point, but what do you think?

You may notice subtle elements of her anatomy that suggest something remarkable about her species.  I took some poetic license with amargasauruses in my War Before Time canon.  Can anyone figure out what makes her kind so unique among longnecks?  (Assuming you haven't seen posts where I made it a lot more blatant).

Check out her stories, 'Because You're a Sharpneck'
'Because You're a Sharpneck' and 'Babysitting a Sharpneck'
'Babysitting a Sharpneck'.

For something more familiar, check out 'Mentors of Yesteryears'
'Mentors of Yesteryears', in which Littlefoot and the gang face new kinds of adventures as they train to fight sharpteeth under mentors from across the valley and beyond.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 05:22:55 PM by The Mr E »