The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Music Of The TV Series

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
I am going to be honest besides the main theme the music in this show is not very good and I imagine I am not the only one who thinks this way.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 01:51:09 PM by LittleDas75 »

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I largely agree. I did enjoy a few of the songs, but others not so much. Especially the songs that kept getting repeated. But the main theme at least, and the background score, is pretty good.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 02:08:59 PM by StardustSoldier »

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
The background score for me is very meh. My biggest problem with the background music is that it all sounds the same to me. Also when there's a peaceful scene the score is way too dramatic for me. Why couldn't they hire Michael Tavera to do the score for the series?

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Also the fact that they re-used instrumentals from songs in the movies for most of the songs in this series is very lazy.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Can't agree more. Even simple usual background music did always cut my ears in the most of moments. :/
And since I always didn't like songs in LBT movies (as well as in other cartoons - I just don't like unnecessary singings!!!) very much, the fact that there's 2 songs in each single 20-minute episodes... It was almost torture for me.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 04:21:04 PM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I couldn’t agree more with this. Even as a child, I thought everything but the theme song from the series was so grating. The creators obviously didn’t think the target audience would know any better as long as there was some kind of music involved, but boy were they wrong. My brother and I like to laugh over how the annoying songs from this show don’t even RHYME half the time. ::) I mean, why waste space on lousy singing when a TV episode is already short as it is...Oh, I forgot, filler...Never mind.  :p

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Wait, there are songs in this show other than "I Feel So Happy" and "Adventuring"? :P

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Reusing songs with different lyrics is a huge problem with the TV series.  :facepalm It is basically the easy way out of not having to write new songs. I think there are at least two unique songs in the series that weren't in the movies yet repeated in the series. Like "Remembering" which I remember being sung by Ruby and Grandpa Longneck, and I think it's done well by both singers.

Also the remix of "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond" when the dinos were congratulating Cera for "scaring away" the gators makes for a good congratulatory tune.  :cerasmug

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Universal: “Yeah we can’t think of a good song, just make a conversation a song, maybe everyone won’t notice…”.

But yeah, jokes aside, the music was sorta hot and stinky.  Songs are reused like it was very popular, songs are mostly conversations, and the background music feels like your in the dinosaur world, which is fine, but I liked Michael Tavera better.

If this TV series gets a second season, they should probably try and be more creative with the music, because, this is just lazy work!  :facepalm

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
As someone who admires instrumental music,  I couldn't help but notice some... off notes. Some of the keys were out of place, as in, it didn't fit well with the situation at times.

It seemed to sound the same for me. At times, the soundtrack would use just one instrument, and play some scratchy note that was just so awful.

I will agree that the first two episodes, they put some effort into their creativity. But when the show progressed, I was disappointed. Like come on bro.  :spikenotamused
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
As someone who admires instrumental music,  I couldn't help but notice some... off notes. Some of the keys were out of place, as in, it didn't fit well with the situation at times.

It seemed to sound the same for me. At times, the soundtrack would use just one instrument, and play some scratchy note that was just so awful.

I will agree that the first two episodes, they put some effort into their creativity. But when the show progressed, I was disappointed. Like come on bro.  :spikenotamused
Same here. Even as a kid I thought the instrumental music was off.

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Yes and no? I feel the same way about most of the movies, but by VII I remember the music getting more interesting with some unique  motifs that made them stand out. But before that, it was largely just rehashes of the original soundtrack.

Still, I would love to give the sequal soundtrack a listen! Haven't been able to find it online!

Edit Okay so somehow I thought that this thread concerned the sequel soundtrack and I'm not exactly sure how that happened. Nvm!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 06:27:54 PM by LittlefootOnASkateboard »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The music is cringeworthy, which is in direct contrast to the great songs in LBT II-X.

The only exception for me is Chomper singing the “Its like the Bright Circle shining inside of me.” His voice is so cute and soothing compared to some of grating saurpranos.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 07:10:58 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
    • View Profile
The music is cringeworthy, which is in direct contrast to the great songs in LBT II-X.

The only exception for me is Chomper singing the “Its like the Bright Circle shining inside of me.” His voice is so cute and soothing compared to some of grating saurpranos.

Agreed, he is so adorable! There are people in the lbt community that joke around saying that the lbt characters will never grow up. But for Chomper, I truly hope he stays the same age forever, the way he talks is so cute and baby like!

:ChomperRWAAR - I'm not cute!

Literally everyone else- its so cute when he pouts like that!

Okay I'm done. Sorry for getting off topic there. :rhett_smile
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
You know what I am going to be blunt the music in the TV series honestly sucks.

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

That’s something I can actually agree with…except for the song Remembering, that was an actually good song, but only when Meghan Strange sings it.

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
    • View Profile

That’s something I can actually agree with…except for the song Remembering, that was an actually good song, but only when Meghan Strange sings it.

oh my gosh, TRUE.

she is a good actress.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I think Universal should have refrained from using songs for the series. They felt forced and interrupted the flow of episodes.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think Universal should have refrained from using songs for the series. They felt forced and interrupted the flow of episodes.

You have a good point, especially in some sequels to the franchise.

The eleventh movie had a song that was pretty useless, and after it finished, cut to a different scene which explained the situation just like the song, like the song never happened, meaning that song was useless.

Then there was “Hot and Stinky” in the fourteenth movie, and why would we be singing if we are on an important quest to save Bron, this is important!  He could be DYING! :GuidoAAAAAHHHHHH

Anyways, seeing as how this franchise became a musical in 1994, I can kinda see why Universal decided to use songs in the series.

Also, sorry if I go off-topic, but Phineas and Ferb did the whole “songs in episodes” thing better.

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
    • View Profile

You have a good point, especially in some sequels to the franchise.

The eleventh movie had a song that was pretty useless, and after it finished, cut to a different scene which explained the situation just like the song, like the song never happened, meaning that song was useless.

Then there was “Hot and Stinky” in the fourteenth movie, and why would we be singing if we are on an important quest to save Bron, this is important!  He could be DYING! :GuidoAAAAAHHHHHH

Anyways, seeing as how this franchise became a musical in 1994, I can kinda see why Universal decided to use songs in the series.

Also, sorry if I go off-topic, but Phineas and Ferb did the whole “songs in episodes” thing better.

I will have to agree with you on that note. 'Hot and Stinky ' is probably my least favorite song in the whole franchise.

When I first watched the tv series, I was familiarized with the songs that put in there. They like to recycle the rhythm and try to make it it's own original song by adding different lyrics to it.
And what's worse is that there are two songs in each 25 minute episode. It really hurts sometimes to listen.

Often, when I watch the episodes on youtube, I tend to skip some of the songs entirely