The Gang of Five
Hello, everyone!  The month of June is finally here and unlike last month, we admins actually remembered to update the news item for June.  :bestsharptooth This month we have a new character showcase for Doc, which can be found here.  Please feel welcome to say a few words about the sauropod of few words.

For our resident fanfiction writers, there are also active fanfiction prompts for the months of May and June, in additional to several optional prompts that can be completed if you want to work on something different.  Details can be found here. We look forward to seeing what you come up with!  :RubyCurious

The Music Of The TV Series

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Spike
  • "Little Das is here on a big job"
    • View Profile
I am going to be honest besides the main theme the music in this show is not very good and I imagine I am not the only one who thinks this way.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 01:51:09 PM by LittleDas75 »
I love the Yellow Bellies.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I largely agree. I did enjoy a few of the songs, but others not so much. Especially the songs that kept getting repeated. But the main theme at least, and the background score, is pretty good.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 02:08:59 PM by StardustSoldier »
See here for all the LBT films and episodes I've reviewed.

"Life finds a way. Just hope for the best."

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
The background score for me is very meh. My biggest problem with the background music is that it all sounds the same to me. Also when there's a peaceful scene the score is way too dramatic for me. Why couldn't they hire Michael Tavera to do the score for the series?

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Also the fact that they re-used instrumentals from songs in the movies for most of the songs in this series is very lazy.

Sneak

• How...
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • ...interesting.
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Can't agree more. Even simple usual background music did always cut my ears in the most of moments. :/
And since I always didn't like songs in LBT movies (as well as in other cartoons - I just don't like unnecessary singings!!!) very much, the fact that there's 2 songs in each single 20-minute episodes... It was almost torture for me.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 04:21:04 PM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

play Mr. Stick adventure forum game!: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15974
ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • The GoF's Rainbow Face fangirl!
    • View Profile
I couldn’t agree more with this. Even as a child, I thought everything but the theme song from the series was so grating. The creators obviously didn’t think the target audience would know any better as long as there was some kind of music involved, but boy were they wrong. My brother and I like to laugh over how the annoying songs from this show don’t even RHYME half the time. ::) I mean, why waste space on lousy singing when a TV episode is already short as it is...Oh, I forgot, filler...Never mind.  :p
"If they don't see it with their own eyes, it doesn't exist...what limited thinking." --Rainbow Face

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Wait, there are songs in this show other than "I Feel So Happy" and "Adventuring"? :P

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Reusing songs with different lyrics is a huge problem with the TV series.  :facepalm It is basically the easy way out of not having to write new songs. I think there are at least two unique songs in the series that weren't in the movies yet repeated in the series. Like "Remembering" which I remember being sung by Ruby and Grandpa Longneck, and I think it's done well by both singers.

Also the remix of "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond" when the dinos were congratulating Cera for "scaring away" the gators makes for a good congratulatory tune.  :cerasmug