The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Resident Evil

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Nothing's confirmed yet Belmont so don't get too excited. I've heard that it is SUPPOSED to be in production but Capcom haven't announced any such move as of yet. To be honest, they've got the perfect set up for another game what with Tricell suddenly on the scene. Watch this space...if they DO announce anything, it will be up here! ;)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
ok thanks Littlefoot1616  :p  :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Some grand news for all Resi 5 fans! Capcom have announced at this year's Tokyo Game Show that's going on at the mo that there is to be an extension to RE5! It's titled RE5: Alternative Edition. There is supposed to be some new content to the main game but the most exciting feature is a new campaign starring the ORIGINAL STARS partnership Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine! The campaign is set in the flashback Chris has when he and Jill go hunting for Wesker at Ozwell E Spencer's estate. Utilising the same gaming mechanics, you can play through this new story and uncover the events of what happens between the event of RE4 and RE5 and the first few years of the formation of the BSAA.

Now...with all that great news, there is a little downside to it. So far, only Capcom of Japan has announced this new Alternative Edition. Capcom of America nor Capcom of Europe have said anything about this additional content coming to either of their shores. It's pencilled in for Spring 2010 (assuming most of the leg work is already done) but the other undecided factor is whether or not this new co-op campaign will be downloadable content or a brand new release. Hopefully, if Capcom have any sense, they wouldn't irritate their current fanbase by making it a brand new game to buy since 5 million copies of the original RE5 have already been sold. If that be the case, fingers crossed that they will consider making it d/l content. Otherwise, there will be a lot of copies of the original RE5 on pre-owned shelves and bargain bins worldwide. Still, a great bit of news nonetheless ;)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
More Resi news, this time for Wii's on-the-rails shooter Darkside Chronicles due out next month. A new chapter was revealed at the Toyko Game Show, showing a pre Resi 4 scenario starring Leon S Kennedy and Jack Krauser. You go on a mission to South America investigating some rumoured biohazardous activity. Lo and behold, it wouldn't be Resident Evil if there wasn't some mutant creature running around chewing the skin of people so naturally you have a swarm to deal with. But this new scenario comes between RE3 and RE4 which traces Leon's path through the Resi series between the destruction of Raccoon City and before he becomes a government agent working in direct line for the President.

Check out this video of gameplay footage of the new scenario:

Darkside Chronicles: Leon/Krauser Gameplay

Oh...and for those interested. Here is a TGS video of the new episode to RE5: Alternative Edition. Gotta say I'm looking forward to this one...

RE5: Alternative Edition - Chris & Jill
RE5: Alternative Edition - Chris & Jill

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Krauser:what was that?

Leon:let's find out.

*walks to a window of a house*

Leon:anyone here?

a zombie charges at Leon as he turns as if to answer his question,that was awesome.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^-- Well...ask a stupid question...  :DD  :p

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey Resi fans!

Got word from Gamespot that there is more to the new content coming for Resi 5. It is now entitled Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition and it's supposed to be both a new release AND downloadable content! (phew!). The new release obviously has the full game plus the new dlc. The 2 new episodes feature the flashback of Chris and Jill at Spencer's estate where they run into a bioweapon styled enemy (just like old times eh? :DD) whereas the 2nd episode is kind of a plot filler whereby Jill and Josh Stone team up to get to the helicopter that extracts them all at the end of the game. Basically, while Chris and Sheva are fighting Uroboros and Wesker, this is what Jill and Stone were doing in the meantime. Gotta say I'm glad to see Josh as a playable character since he does feature in the main story for a little bit.

Also, Mercenaries mode returns with Chris and Sheva both getting 2 new costumes each. If you wanna check it out for yourself, the link below shows a trailer of all the new content coming for Gold Edition. No release date yet but it's still aimed for the first quarter of this year. ;)

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition Trailer

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah yes, heard about that one, was something like The Nightmare or something along those lines of the name.....well, it had Nightmare in the title  :lol

Apparantly you get to visit the old mansion again, from 1 or 2....or maybe it was 3, ugh, I'm not sure, but still :p

Would like to try the downloadable content myself at least ^^

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Jan 20 2010 on  05:19 AM
Ah yes, heard about that one, was something like The Nightmare or something along those lines of the name.....well, it had Nightmare in the title :lol

Apparantly you get to visit the old mansion again, from 1 or 2....or maybe it was 3, ugh, I'm not sure, but still :p

Would like to try the downloadable content myself at least ^^
Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape are the two new episodes I believe. You're right, Nightmare was in there somewhere :smile

Jill and Chris's episode is set at Ozwell E. Spencer's mansion. It's a different locale to the original mansion in RE 1 coz that one gets blown up at the end of the game. That and this episode features 8 years after the initial T-Virus outbreak in Raccoon City. One thing I've always admired about the Resi Evil plotline is that the story is so deep it goes back to periods before any of the games started. The back story is huge and you get to play the key parts to it.

Having dived a little further into it, apparently the Mercenaries have 6 more characters to play with besides Chris and Sheva. My guess is that Wesker and Jill will be making a reappearance. Josh is probably a good bet seeing as he is now a playable character. As for the other 3...it's anyone's guess. I'd love to see Leon S Kennedy make a reappearance coz he was pretty cool in RE4. Other likelies, I'm guessing, could be Ada Wong (again), Jack Kauser (but technically he's already dead), HUNK maybe particularly since all of these guys featured in the RE4 Merc mode. Got some projected release times too. The new release is still aimed for March 2010 but the DLC is supposed to be available on Xbox Live and the PSN from mid-Feb for those who already have the main game.

I know I'll be nabbing this one for sure!  :D Any excuse to break out RE again! :lol

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah yes, those are the names of them.  But yes, I'd probabally grab the DLC myself and hire the game out from the video shop to try the new DLC out at least ^^

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
More episodes in campaign mode? I am sold!!!!!!! :D

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Resi Evil Gold Edition/ DLC update! Capcom have announced 2 of the new playable characters for the revamped Mercs mode. If you'd rather not know, I suggest flicking over the channel NOW!

<<<SPOILER ALERT!!!>>>

For all those who do want to know, you will be saying hello to Captain Josh Stone of the BSAA West African division and I've gotta say, this guy's got some moves for a non-essential character! His suplex move looks heavy! The other announced character, I have to admit I was surprised by, is Excella Gionne! Didn't see that one coming! Of course all her attacks are laced with lust but they're kinda funny nonetheless. Their profile videos are down below so check them out if you so wish!

Mercenaries - Excella
Mercenaries - Josh Stone

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If anyone has seen the website "No Hope Left" floating about, and tweaked on what it was getting at, it's great to finally hear that Capcom have officially announced Resident Evil 6 and given it a release date of November this year. The debut trailer is down below!

Resident EVil 6 Debut Trailer

We can look forward to some returning characters and some new faces too as well as some new locales. I won't say anything more than that so check it out if you're interested guys. Looks like Resi's gonna have a busy year with 3 titles all hitting shelves this year. Despite the fact that one of them is an AU.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
All I can say is 2012 is the year of Resident Evil. We got Revelations on the 3DS, Operation Raccoon City in March, which I have pre-ordered and am stoked for, and not only RE 6 but Retribution this fall!

RE 6 looks incredible based off of the trailer. Chris and Leon are my two favorite characters in the franchise, so it's great to see them both protagonists in one game. I'm interested to see who the third is. I don't recognize him from anything else, so maybe he is a new character. Seeing Leon stand against the infected president was so crazy, and the game itself just looks stunning.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
<<<SPOILER ALERT>>>

Word on the street is that the game will work as a 3 part, co-op affair with every mainstream character having a partner (a la Resi 5 with Chris and Sheva). Apparently, whispers on the wind say that the unknown mercenary (the third bald thuggish looking bloke) is a relative of another RE mainstream character. Also, the young woman he's partnered with is supposed to be Sherry Birkin (William Birkin's daughter from Resi 2). Nothing's really been given away about the plot yet but so far features include up to 6player online mode (not sure if that's co-op or not) and a up to 8 player multiplayer mode (maybe something along similar lines of what Dead Space 2 did...again nothing's confirmed).

I know this is a gaming line I'm gonna be following closely! :D

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
See I always thought the blonde girl with the mercenary was an older Ashley from RE 4. It is definitely the same voice actress as Ashley, and I don't know I think it would be interesting to see her older and actually being able to defend herself in this situation. Having said that, I'm happy they brought back Sherry from RE 2. It's nice that Capcom brought a lesser known character than Leon or Chris.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A lot of people did indeed think that the woman was Ashley Graham considering Leon's tight connections with the President. It wouldn't surprise me if she didn't feature somewhere but apparently Capcom have already blitzed the rumour and confirmed that the other woman is Sherry Birkin. I'm quite interested in who this third guy is and which of the RE cast he could be related to. The trailer mentions something about his blood being important. Another Wesker child perhaps? Someone Umbrella were experimenting on that slipped under the radar? Barry Burton's astranged cousin?!? (j/k). Looks like all the info is going to be drip fed between now and Nov when it's scheduled for release. Hopefully we'll get to see some working gameplay footage and better coverage at this year's gaming conventions. Looks like E3 is going ahead now since the ESA pulled their support from the SOPA thing. It was under threat of being boycotted but looks like they saw sense and reconsidered their support.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm really interested to see how the three stories will weave together in one game. From the looks of the trailer, it seemed like Leon's story will be a throwback to the original games with the return of the zombies and the wonderfully creepy atmosphere, while Chris's story will retain more of the action sense from RE 4 and especially 5. I could be completely wrong, but that's what I got from it.

It would be very interesting if the mercenary is a Wesker relative, and it would make sense that his blood would be important because Albert's was infected.

I just can't wait to hear more about this game!

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Looks nothing like Resident Evil anymore to me. That's my view.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Looks nothing like Resident Evil anymore to me. That's my view.

That's exactly my view. I loved the original games because they felt like horror games, and at times they were genuinely scary to play. Even though Resident Evil 4 had more action, I still felt some parts were creepy.
Now they just seem like stereotypical action games.