The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Superman/Doomsday

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I recently bought this movie at the Wal*Mart I work at, and I, for one, was shocked by the rating when I first got it, which was PG-13 for Action Violence.  Now, for those of us who have watched Superman cartoons, we can come to expect Action Violence with something involving Superman, but this one took it to an extreme level.  With how much the enemy in this one kills and the result of it all, it becomes very understandable. (Blood and Broken Necks anyone?)

The story goes that there was this super soldier that some aliens had created.  The experiment was a sucess, but there was something that they hadn't foreseen.  The creature could not be controlled, nor could it destinguish between friend and foe and as a result, the creature at hand is intent on killing everyone and everything in it's path.  The aliens couldn't kill it, so they imprisoned it and sent it to Earth, burying it two miles below sea level, where hopefully no one could find it.  Unfortuneately, a team from Lex Luthor digs it up and unleashes the creature accidentilly.  The epic battle then plays and the man of steel pays the ultimate price.  The whole world then mourns, feeling unsafe without their protector, while Superman's villians rejoice.  Lex Luthor mourns for the loss of his greatest enemy in a very demented way that sets off a chain of events that even he couldn't forsee.

This movie is based off the best-selling graphic novel, "The Death of Superman", which I have never actually read myself.  I didn't even know of the books existence until I saw the ad for the movie in a gaming magazine.  So, I have no idea of how accurate it is when compared to the book.

I must say that this movie was brilliantly done for the older viewers of the life-long franchise.  It is definately not for kids. (Unless you want yours to be scarred for life. :P:) It also depicts an intresting side-story of the love relation between Superman and Lois Lane. (And speaking of which, those of you who watch Smallville might remember this version of her.) This is definately a must-see for anyone who grew up watching Superman cartoons.  I recommend it for anyone who grew up watching him.

I don't want to give away more than I already have, so I'll stop right here for now.

Anyone else that has seen this?  What do you think of it? :)