The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT 14

kjeldo · 358 · 30055

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They may not even notice the difference.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm afraid the outpot of large piles of franchise doesn't necessarily mean a continuation of the land before time. It could just as well be the efford to milk every drop from the cow while people are still aware of it due to the TV series. I do hope that the land before time is continued, but I must admit that I don't care about the continuation of the series so much if that continuation is to be a continuation of the poor quality sequels of recent times. There is still a lot of potential left for sequels of a quality similar to that of the early LBT sequels by Roy Alan Smith (LBT 2 to 4), but what LBT needs is a director who really cares about LBT and wants to produce more than cheap entertainment for a very young audience only.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
It could just as well be the efford to milk every drop from the cow while people are still aware of it due to the TV series.

I do not believe that.  I must say that there is much more than merchandise going around.  There's more tv eps coming out CN for the next 3 weeks and they keep making new covers for the LBT movies (although they continue to make crap covers).  Not only that, but they just came out with a new LBT tv series DVD.  If this were a milking, it wouldn't be going on for months and months.

Dynamite Maruyama

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Dear Universal Studios,

Please don't end a series on an odd number that isn't 3... and don't end it on freaking "yellow bellies" either.

Your's truly,
Maruyama and Kuma Kobe

PS: Really, wasn't the original movie good enough on its own? If you really wanted to continue The Land Before Time, make a television series... before you made 12 more movies complete with musical numbers and sharp-tooth chase scenes. But I regress; bring on numer 14, where robots from the future take over the Great Valley and every Land Before Time character in the whole series, plus Sean Connor, join together to fight off the robots.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
quality of the recent sequels? 12 was one of my favs! I won't bring up 10, because of who I'm talking to :p

9 was good, I really liked 8, 13 wasn't awful... in fact I enjoyed it a lot except certain parts... really only 11 was disappointing for me

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Come on ;)
I laid out why I dislike LBT 10 but did I ever bash anyone for liking it?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LBT 10 is one of my favorite movies, even though it has all of the inconsistencies.  I agree with tails on this one.  13 wasn't god awful.  It was between bad and okay.  The indicator needle is pointing mostly towards okay for me.  LBT 11 sucked because nothing really happened.  LBT 13 was bad because of the fake stupid creatures (yellow bellies).  I really hated the voice of Loofa.  It sorta made me wanna punch him in the face. :p

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dynamite Maruyama,Mar 18 2008 on  05:07 PM
Dear Universal Studios,

Please don't end a series on an odd number that isn't 3... and don't end it on freaking "yellow bellies" either.

Your's truly,
Maruyama and Kuma Kobe

PS: Really, wasn't the original movie good enough on its own? If you really wanted to continue The Land Before Time, make a television series... before you made 12 more movies complete with musical numbers and sharp-tooth chase scenes. But I regress; bring on numer 14, where robots from the future take over the Great Valley and every Land Before Time character in the whole series, plus Sean Connor, join together to fight off the robots.
If you didn't want the sequels join with the rest of those people that didn't want them, but they are great for me. There are a few LBT sequels i like even more than the original, considering the original didn't have any songs (I think) and the fact that the sequels are made clearly for showing their adventures was a great idea. I'd probably not even be here at the GOF with you all if it wasn't for the sequels, because pokeplayer's song vids from them were the way that showed me here. (as said in another topic.) But i'm not flaming you, everyone has their own opinion right? And as for those yellowbellies, how are they fake? I haven't seen the movie yet but i've seen the songs and one song has made my overall top favorite song in the entire sequel collection so far, it just beat always there in my list. (If anyone wants to know, that song is How Do You Know, i think Littlefoot's voice was awesome there, and the song made me think this movie had them thinking about serious issues and such, but i don't think i'll ever get to see it, as i can't find it anywhere in my town.)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The various movies have different feels to them so it is unlikely that someone would like all the movies equally, also the quality is not the same some would say also across all the various movies.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I didn't say you had to like all of them, i didn't you say you had to like anything for that matter :lol . I didn't like some of the sequels either, such as LBT 8 and 11, but everyone likes what they like i do agree with that.

Dynamite Maruyama

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mornai,Mar 18 2008 on  06:22 PM
If you didn't want the sequels join with the rest of those people that didn't want them, but they are great for me.
It's not like that. Even though I'm a huge fan of the original, I don't hate the sequels at all. I just think many of the ideas used in the sequels could have been used in a television series if made earlier.

But in reality, I guess it's simply a matter of branding. If you think about it, each episode of a television series is basically a sequel to the pilot episode. Once you apply this logic to the Land Before Time series, it's not so bad.

Anyway, LBT 14...

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I really do hope that LBT 14 will be awesome (if there will be one, hopefully) and as good as the other ones. I also hope it has some great heart touching songs like always there or something. Universal should show commercials about it if it is close to release, so they could give some hints about what it'll be about.

Dynamite Maruyama, they would've been horrible as tv shows TO ME, because none of them were half an hour and they'd have to make 2 episodes just to complete one sequel, unless they were all to be continued or something.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
All the sequels are good, but LBT 11 & 13 I had to say "what" to many times before I got used to it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are some of the sequels that I overall like just certain scenes.  I guess some may be the same.  Though there are some sequels I like more then others also.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
To start off, I believe all have the right to their own opinion.  However, to only make a TV series instead of the sequels would have been worse.  I love all the sequels, even LBT 13.  I found the yellowbellies to be a hoot, but then again I am a quirky individual, so what would one expect :bang?  What's funny is the word "yellowbelly" is in the Webster :wow.  It refers to an erractic or eccentric individual, which in this case seems a rather fitting label for those two.  On the note of the yellowbellies being "fake", they have a species name: Beipeosauruses.

My apologies if I have just offended any of y'all :slap.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Mar 19 2008 on  08:42 PM
all have the right to their own opinion.
How many times have i heard that said to me over the internet.  :rolleyes: . That's what i mean, but i am stating my opinion as well.  :)

AS an add on, i am hoping that LBT 14 (If it comes out?) will have a big surprise or something, or be as great as the original film. But sadly, if it doesn't have any heart touching songs as i said in my previous post, i just won't like it that much unless some of the things that i wanted to happen in LBT from the sequels happens in LBT 14, then that would definitely change my mind. Although there would always be an empty space in it for me if it had no songs/songs that were not sad, but that's just how i am. :D

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
It seems that from 6 on up, te quality has gone down.  Seven was alright but the rest of the recent sequels were not as good.  I found the "yellow bellies" quite annoying.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Staying with the feel of the ealier sequels would have been nice, but having a more comedic feel, can be ok, to me at least since I say those are on another lbt earth.  Though if they do another sequel I do hope the writing is tighter, and the animation also so you don't have any animation errors, like magic sweet bubbles, Cera's twin or those like that.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think if they had just done the original movie and then made a tv series, it would have been a total failure.  LBT 2 sold out so freaking fast because LBT 1 was so good.  People were very disappointed with LBT 2 since it was targeted to such younger audiences.  I wouldn't imagine a tv series doing very well right after LBT 1.  There's only so many ideas you can do.  I would be surprised if they could come up with 50 tv episodes in 100 years, and most tv series have 150-250 episodes.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Was LBT 2 for a younger audience only? It did appear more for kids than the original movie, but compared to other sequels I don't think LBT 2 was so much limited to a younger audience only. Of course the songs came across as childish. The problem of the friendship between a leafeater and a sharptooth (though not explored deeply) is more complex than themes from other for kids only movie. They definitely included one joke meant to be for an older target group (Littlefoot's grandparents reaction at him asking about babies). Of course LBT 2 is not a movie made for an older target audience (none of the sequels is) but it doesn't strike me as a particularly childish episode.