The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Blackclaw's Dark Ambitions

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Korr never saw the charge from Mr. Thicknose coming..and he was sent sprawling to the ground. He looked up and saw Mr.Thicknose standing over him and he narrowed his eyes as he replied "Well this is a happy time...others coming to the rescue. That freak will still be mine!" He then stood up and began to walk away from the group, with his subordinates following close behind. He turned to Cyrix, but made his last message clear for everyone to hear..."That thing you call a friend WILL be mine, and when i have him....well you won't be seeing him ever again!"

And with that Korr dissappeared into the forest behind him.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"We'll be ready for you when you decide to come back!" Zaine yelled back. He then noticed Longtail was still unconscious. He ran over and kneeled down next to him. "Longtail? Longtail wake up."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim goes over to look at Longtail, "Maybe it is best to move him to a more comfortable and safer location," She said, "He will likely awaken in a short period of time", She looks over a Cyrix, "Shall I carry him or would you rather?" She asked him.

Littlefoot and Ducky went over to look at Longtail as well. "What is wrong with him?" Littlefoot asked.

"I hope he will be ok, I do." Ducky said.

"One of the red horns stepped on his tail and he passed out." Littlefoot said.

"Sounds like the level of pain may have rendered him unconscious since his awake mind may have been unable to cope with the level of pain, perhaps with the added stress as well<" Mr Thicknose said, "and I agree we, perhaps, should move him, or at least tell the other adults.  Those red horns should be banished from the valley perhaps, at least as long as that one is their leader." he said.

Mim tried to check Longtail's tail to see if was bruised or broken. "Severe pain does cause some individuals to go unconscious I have noticed in the past, the case could have been the same here." Mim said as she checked on Longtail for any other bruises and injures including his tail and other body parts.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix gave a short laugh as he said "Moving Longtail won't be necessary or smart." He then picked Longtail up with one hand and gently poked the flyer in his stomach several times...and Longtail began to laugh, and squirm to escape and suddenly his eyes opened and as he stopped laughing he looked around and asked the others "What happened....why does my tail hurt?"

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine breathed a huge sigh of relief. "Thank goodness you're ok. That red horn creep stepped on your tail, but thankfully the other threehorn and I managed to scare him off." He smiled for his friend, but then he thought of something.

"Who was that guy anyway, and what did he want with you?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail blinked as he processed what Zaine had just said and he frowned as he replied "His name is Korr, and he wants to kill me, for something I didn't do...I tried to help I really did, but..." Longtail sighed and said again "I don't want to fight him anymore....but he's been hunting me since I met him in the mysterious beyond." Cyrix nodded and said "Don't worry my nephew...as long as you are here...you'll be safe!"

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine felt a little uneasy. "But are we really safe from him? I mean, he jumped us out of nowhere, and he almost had you. He could be watching us wherever we go and plan his attack." He looked down. "How do we know he won't use us to get to you?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky nodded, "He stepped on it." She said.  

"How do you feel physically, anything feel broken?" Mim asked looking at Longtail with concern and also thinking.  When she did make a nest, it had best be away from where he slept.  He tended to do attack while he was asleep, imagine a playful minded hatchling nipping his tail or pouncing on him.  No, she had decided, she would ask Ducky and Spike's mother if she minded her making a nest near where hers was.  There was a family of swimmers near where her nest was as a hatching and young child and she got along with them well so why not put hers there, and it would be far enough away from where Longtail slept that if she did have any children they would not be in danger of being accidentally  harmed.

Littlefoot looked at where he left, "He's just a bully, like certain others." He said but didn't say who.  

Ducky noded, "He does act a lot lot like them, yes he does." She said, remembering what the bullies had acted like and said, including stopping them from growing.

"I do hope the other adults will listen to reason and not do like they always do, just gather at the meeting place and argue and get nothing done like usual." Mr Thicknose said, his eyes going to the top of his head as he shook his head in a dismissive movement.  

"I noticed that myself in my short time here.  Seems more silly.  As silly as the Yellowbelles are of Berry valley the adults don't really argue, they get done what needs to get done.  Though they do sing and dance often while doing it and afterwards." Mim said.

"Well, I do wish the grown ups here would do a little more singing and dancing and less arguing, they would most likely get more done." Mr Thicknose said.

Petrie continued to spread the word, likely to adults who would rather ignore him or argue then really do anything like most adults in the valley seemed to always do.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine tried to smile, but when Mr. Thicknose mentioned the grown ups he started thinking about his parents. He wasn't sure if they had survived the great earthshake, and to make matters worse...

Zaine turned away from the groop and started walking away as a tear started to fall from his eye.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail looked at his aunt and said "Well no nothing is broken, but it is still sore." He then listened to Zaine's comment and said "Yeah he can...and I'm sure he will try...no doubt about that! But the next time he strikes, I'll be ready for a fight, and he won't out number me again!" Cyrix sighed and said "My nephew there are alternatives to fighting..." Longtail however cut him off "But you just saw what happened he won't listen to anyone...not even Mr. Thicknose."

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine could still hear the others discuss Korr, but he didn't really feel like going back. Right now, he just didn't feel happy. "If only I knew where they were. Maybe then I could feel happy." Another tear rolled down his face, an then he had an idea. "I'm going to find this Korr and make sure he stays away from Longtail."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nodded to Longtail, "I'm glad nothing is broken." She then looked at some of the others, "Any ideas what we shall do about Korr, he's libel to keep on till he is driven off or permanently stopped."  She looked around a bit, "And did anyone see where that new longneck wondered off to?" She asked.

Littlefoot and Ducky shook their heads and started looking around.  

"Perhaps he grew hungry or wanted to go back to visit his herd.  Is there a herd of farwalkers, I've not been in this area for a few days.  There was a rare thing I had to see a day or so's walk from here."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix shook his head as he replied "No..no farwalkers have come through here in some time...I'm wondering how that little one found his way here by himself." He then thought 'Well perhaps we should try to find his herd.'

Longtail was worried, but from what Zaine had said earlier he could handle himself...but Longtail still didn't want Zaine to be hurt as he said "I think someone should go after him...I don't want him to get hurt alone out there." Cyrix nodded and said "Good Idea nephew I'll start searching for him!"

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine found a small area and sat down. "I feel so alone. I know I shouln't because of all these other dinosaurs around me, but it's not the same. They all have a family to care about them, and I don't..." He started to cry a little harder until he finally screamed out,

"MOTHER! FATHER! WHERE ARE YOU!?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A voice called out to Zaine, it was soft, and quiet but it sounded as if it was everywhere at once as it said "Young one... can you hear me? And are you willing to listen to what I have to say?"

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine's crying lightened up a little, hearing the sweet and soothing voice. "Wh...Who...Who's out there?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The voice continued to speak "I can not be seen...but know this little one...You and Longtail are not so diffrent....you see he lost his parents too...the only problem is they won't be coming back..." She paused a moment and said "You still have a reason to have hope...while you may be sad...your sleep stories are trying to tell you something...you should listen closely, and speak to Longtail about his past...it will help him...and you!"

With that the voice stopped speaking, and left Zaine alone with his thoughts.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Wait! Who are you?" But it was too late, the voice had already left. Zaine sat there wondering for a while. Who was the voice, and how did she know about his parents, and what did she mean about Longtail.

"This is all confusing, but maybe I should go talk to Longtail." He turned around and stopped for a moment, tinking. "I have to tell someone my past." He started walking back towards the group.

"I just hope Korr doesn't come after me."

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Denton was with Byce and Ellie

"That big red horned creep was a real pootyhead!" exclaimed Ellie "Me no want to see him anymore after what he did to that poor flyer!"

"Maybe they wont come back..." said Denton looking thoughtfully at the others who were a good distance off "I hope they dont."

---------------

Syius had went to follow the redhorns to make sure they left completely, he soon returned seeing thicknose was still there amongst the children

"It seems like we have a completely diferent problem in the valley with these new brutes entering our little peaceful utopia."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thicknose nods, "I would bring up to discussion about the past actions of the red horn herd and why they should, in my openion, should be banned from entering this great valley I know while some would take my side, Cera's dad and certain others would take the other and all the adults there would end up arguing and doing nothing while Littlefoot and his friends would have to do all the work." Mr Thicknose siad looking at the adult swimmer with a sad shaking of his head before he continued, "That is why, if you've noticed, I very rarely ever go to the meeting place."

______

Littlefoot nodded, "I've noticed that myself, odd, my grandparents and Dad do not argue.   I guess some grownups like to argue." He said, "But we need to do something about Korr now so he won't, or can't, continue bothering and trying to hurt Longtail in the future."

Ducky nodded, "What can we do though, what?" She asked and wrinkled up her face while sitting on Littlefoot's back while she tried to think of an idea.

Mim nodded looking at Mr Thicknose, "I've noticed that myself in my short time here.  I'd prefer to stick with Littlefoot and get things done then argue, a much more logical course of action." She said.

Mr Thicknose looked a bit sad again, "Yes, it is to bad some adults, "He said looking off in the distance then back to the group he was speaking with, "Would rather argue then get things done."  He then looked at Littlefoot and those of his friends who were present.  "If you take none of my advice but one I hope you take this.  When you are older and elders of the valley yourselves, I hope you will do better then we the present elders have done." He said.