The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Cartoons quiz

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
What's the English title of a French cartoon series which is a documentary for kids about the history of mankind (the producers also made a series about the history of America, about the human body, about famous explorers etc.)?

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I'm afraid I've only heard of one French cartoon series that was made for children that offers several different documentaries aimed to teach kids and let them enjoy themselves at the same time. It's called "Empreintes" but since you asked for the English title, it would be "Imprints." That is honestly the only educational French cartoon I have ever heard of period, so I would be surprised if that happened to be the one you are thinking of, although it would be a very pleasant surprise. Judging from the last post here, you are definately a master of good questions. I look forward to your challenges in the future, not just in this topic but the whole forum. (I didn't say I could answer them, mind you, I only said that I look forward to them, so don't expect me to get a lot, if any, of his questions right. Can't there be a thread somewhere that gives a grammarically incorrect paragraph that must be written properly to move on for a change? (Sigh) Like anyone else would enjoy playing in that one.) Later!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Alas the questions are no good if they are too tough to be answered by anyone or to keep people interested enough to research. This question was too tough. The English title of the series I was looking for was "Once upon a time..." there was one season about the history of mankind, one about American history in particular, one about famous explorers, one about inventors, one about the human body (organs etc.), and I think one or two more things. It was really nicely done, but I fear it has never become as popular in the English speaking countries as it has over here.

You're welcome to post the next question if you want to  :)

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah, thank you, I think I will. I honestly doubted I got it right anyway, but I really enjoy researching topics, so please don't stop. Now here is cartoon that I still love watching these days. I only know it to be in English, but it could be in other languages. I will give the basic theme of the series but I can give hints if necessary. Some young boys in the present find a giant egg that hatches into a dinosaur and he sometimes takes them into the past where dinosaurs ruled to show the kids different things that can help them in their life situations. Has anybody seen or heard of this? If you might have but aren't sure, try The Friendly Sharptooth's cartoon hint hotline. Just dial P then M then my name, and I'll come post haste. I do charge ten jelly beans a minute though so please don't be shocked when you get my bill. Tell me the title and you may proceed. Later!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My, you have certainly been around! I didn't think many people heard of this. Yes, it is Denver, The Last Dinosaur. I am curious where you heard of it or if you've watched it personally. That show hasn't been on television in over fifteen years! That's the oldest dinosaur show I like. It adds that interesting twist not in Dink, The Lattle Dinosaur or LBT becasuse Denver was found in present time Los Angelos, so he interacts with humans. I actually memorized the theme song long ago; it's quite catchy. So, whenever you are ready, it is your turn here. Later!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Denver the Last Dinosaur was a cartoon I used to watch when I was a child. It was one of my favorite cartoons.

Anyway, I'll think of a question and post back as soon as possible.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What cartoon brought together multiple video game characters, each of whom had to be redesigned for the show?

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
One cartoon like that is Captain N: The Game Master, a show I still love watching very much.

The video game characters used on the hero team were:
Simon Belmont from the game Castlevania
Kid Icarus from the game Kid Icarus (Okay, I felt silly saying that)
Mega Man from the Mega Man games (Okay, that felt silly too)
and Game Boy, who I know isn't really a video game character, just a video game player in real life. Although he is a talking character in the show, portrayed as a super computer

The video game characters used on the villain team were:
Mother Brain from the game Metroid
King Hippo from the game Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Eggplant Wizard from the game Kid Icarus
and Dr. Wily from the Mega Man games

Other video game characters not on either main team were:
Donkey Kong from the game Donkey Kong (I'm doing it again)
The Count from the game Castelvania
Princess Zelda from the The Legend of Zelda games (Is there no end to this?)
Dragonlord from the game Dragon Warrior (That didn't sound too bad)
Link from the The Legend of Zelda games
Ganon from the The Legend of Zelda games
Bayou Billy from the game Bayou Billy (I'm getting fed up with saying things like this)
Dr. Wright from the Mega Man games (Although he is called Dr. Light on all the Mega Man games that I've played.)
and finally Mega Girl from the Mega Man games (I haven't heard of her though, unless the creators meant Roll from the Mega Man series.)

Now this is the cartoon I think you are refering to. If you had a different one in mind, don't worry, I'll try again. Cartoon trivia and lots of writing are always a pleasure for me. Later!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Excellent! Now let's see... Ah, this might prove interesting and quite difficult. This is about an American cartoon- at least, I've never heard of it being from anywhere else. Anyway, it had two seasons. In the first season, the three main charatcers had specified ages. In the second season however, each character was one year younger. For example, in season one, the head main character was 14 years old, and in the second season, he's 13 years old. Has anyone seen it before? If I'm being too vague, one hint that I can offer if needed will narrow things down. I would say "good luck" but luck has nothing to do with this (I don't think) so I hope somebody knows or can find the answer eventually. Later!

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I think we might need that hint (it's been a couple of years without any guesses).

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
Felidae is on my top three movies.

Since German is one of my main languages, its fun to watch the original and not dubbed.