The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Now that you've named your best...

Petrie · 84 · 13285

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I agree, you guys need to chill... :(
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
:bang  :bang  :bang  :bang  Sorry, I guess we got alittle carried away on criticizing that Happy Feet trailer.  :slap  :slap  :slap  :slap  :slap  :slap

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Slightly so.  Nobody's mad, but you just need to keep yourself in check because you can't delete any of those things you write.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Unless you want one of the admins to edit them. If You want me to zap them, I will.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't think we should be careless about nuking posts. Though not delightful those were no spam messages or messages written with the intention to do any harm to the GOF. I think it would have been better to keep them as part of the history of the GOF. The possibility to delete messages should never be used without great need. Already it seems like a message has been deleted in the voting for the awards thread that never should have been deleted! If people become too accustomed to delete posts such accidents are more likely to happen.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good point Malte. Although some posts deserve deleting, like spamming posts, one should indeed use care with zapping posts. although in this case I doubt cyber or action would like to read those posts they put up anytime soon, so they wanted them gone.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
although in this case I doubt cyber or action would like to read those posts they put up anytime soon, so they wanted them gone.
I actually didn't post anything to do with the "nuked" part of this topic, but that's ok :P: I know what you mean.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Petrie,Apr 3 2006 on  10:25 PM
The Garfield tv series was better than the film, and I think thats because the tv series resembled the style of the comic strip much better than the film managed to.
But it was canceled because it was a boring show. I even told AntiTrollers2 that Extreme Dinosaurs is better than the boring Garfield show! :lol  :DD  :smile
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I doubt it was canceled because it was a "boring show". That is too vague of a reason.

Okay I looked up. Here's the real reason Garfield And Friends was cancelled.

The seventh season (1994–1995) was the last one because CBS wanted to cut the budget (and in fact, CBS's Saturday morning cartoon lineup would be mostly replaced by CBS News Saturday Morning two years later, which eventually evolved into the Saturday edition of The Early Show). The production company nixed this proposal, so they mutually agreed to cease production, even though Garfield and Friends had still been doing very well in the ratings.

Also to point out, Garfield did better than Extreme Dinosaurs. While Extreme Dinosaurs only lasted in late 1997, September to December, garnering 52 episodes, Garfield And Friends lasted from 1988 to December 1994 (before reruns I mean), and has 121 episodes.

So while you may like Extreme Dinosaurs more, and it's all right if you do, if we wanted to find out which show was more successful, Garfield And Friends wins hand down. It lasted longer, and even in its cancellation, it was due to budget cuts, not from waning public interest. The ratings were still high upon its cancellation.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jun 14 2013 on  12:05 AM
I doubt it was canceled because it was a "boring show". That is too vague of a reason.

Okay I looked up. Here's the real reason Garfield And Friends was cancelled.

The seventh season (1994–1995) was the last one because CBS wanted to cut the budget (and in fact, CBS's Saturday morning cartoon lineup would be mostly replaced by CBS News Saturday Morning two years later, which eventually evolved into the Saturday edition of The Early Show). The production company nixed this proposal, so they mutually agreed to cease production, even though Garfield and Friends had still been doing very well in the ratings.

Also to point out, Garfield did better than Extreme Dinosaurs. While Extreme Dinosaurs only lasted in late 1997, September to December, garnering 52 episodes, Garfield And Friends lasted from 1988 to December 1994 (before reruns I mean), and has 121 episodes.

So while you may like Extreme Dinosaurs more, and it's all right if you do, if we wanted to find out which show was more successful, Garfield And Friends wins hand down. It lasted longer, and even in its cancellation, it was due to budget cuts, not from waning public interest. The ratings were still high upon its cancellation.
Garfield and friends was 69 episodes more than Extreme Dinosaurs?
Garfield and friends ended on 1994 and Extreme Dinosaurs began in 1997. That is 3 years later than Garfield and friends!
Release date of:
Land Before Time 1: 18 November 1988
Land Before Time 2: 12 December 1994
Land Before Time 3: 15 December 1995
Land Before Time 4: 10 December 1996
Extreme Dinosaurs: 1 September 1997
Land Before Time 5: 9 December 1997
Land Before Time 6: 1 December 1998
Land Before Time 7: 6 December 1999
Land Before Time 8: 4 December 2001
Land Before Time 9: 10 December 2002
Land Before Time 10: 2 December 2003
Land Before Time 11: 7 December 2004
Land Before Time 12: 6 December 2006
Dino Squad: 3 November 2007
Land Before Time 13: 27 November 2007
I suppose Extreme Dinosaurs began earlier than Land Before Time 5.  :DD  :lol  :smile
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Path, what does that have to do with the topic at hand. for one never saw extrenme dinosaurs but I did see hgarfield and friends, it was a basically a tv adaptation of the comic. as to the topic at hand. hoodwinked 2 was real bad, even more so than the first film, which wast anything to write home about. although it did give us a young anne Hathaway.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Nick22,Jun 14 2013 on  03:15 PM
Path, what does that have to do with the topic at hand. for one never saw Extreme dinosaurs but I did see Garfield and friends, it was a basically a TV adaptation of the comic. as to the topic at hand. hoodwinked 2 was real bad, even more so than the first film, which wast anything to write home about. although it did give us a young anne Hathaway.
Ok, Nick22, you got it.
I guess the people who watched Extreme Dinosaurs is higher than Garfield and friends, is it? Garfield and friends ended on 1994 before Extreme Dinosaurs began 3 years later. :p  :DD  :lol  :smile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Path Light,Jun 14 2013 on  02:18 AM
Quote from: Nick22,Jun 14 2013 on  03:15 PM
Path, what does that have to do with the topic at hand. for one never saw Extreme dinosaurs but I did see Garfield and friends, it was a basically a TV adaptation of the comic. as to the topic at hand. hoodwinked 2 was real bad, even more so than the first film, which wast anything to write home about. although it did give us a young anne Hathaway.
Ok, Nick22, you got it.
I guess the people who watched Extreme Dinosaurs is higher than Garfield and friends, is it? Garfield and friends ended on 1994 before Extreme Dinosaurs began 3 years later. :p  :DD  :lol  :smile
What are you talking about? Higher? What do you mean? I hope you aren't saying that people who watch Extreme Dinosaurs are smarter than those who watch Garfield And Friends, because that would be insulting.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think he meant older. Since the show aired later. Actually nevermind, that doesn't make sense.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Mumbling,Jun 14 2013 on  09:30 PM
I think he meant older. Since the show aired later. Actually nevermind, that doesn't make sense.
No, I don't mean that Extreme Dinosaurs is older than Garfield and friends. I suppose Extreme Dinosaurs started on 1997 which is later than Garfield and friends. :p  :DD  :lol  :smile
Also, the characters in Extreme Dinosaurs are voiced by the actors. Let's see here:
Bad Rap: Voiced by Gary Chalk, who also voices Robotnik in Sonic Underground
Bullzeye: Voiced by Jason Gray Stanford
Haxx: Voiced by Lee Tockar
Hard Rock: Voiced by Blk Mankuma
Spike: Voiced by Cusse Mankuma
Spittor: Voiced by Terry Klassen
Stegz: Voiced by Samuel Vicent
Also, I don't like Becky Scarwell because I will slap her face until she screamed like a high pitch chipmunk that made me laugh! :anger

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Most of path's post's are kinda of spamming but I'm trying not to say anything. And laughing at pointless things is getting kinda annoying. But I never liked Extreme Dinosaurs much at all I saw a handful of episodes and thought it was awful but some of it was okay. Garfield And Friends was a amazing show. It had better animation and the jokes where very good and funny. Binky The Clown was also very funny kinda annoying but he made the show great. The humor out of Garfield's mouth was just perfect. And the other half of the show with the barnyard characters was also good and again the jokes where spot on. So I pick Garfield And Friends Over Extreme Dinosaurs any day of the week. Wasn't a fan of Extreme Dinosaurs at all.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Petrie85,Jun 14 2013 on  09:37 PM
Most of path's post's are kinda of spamming but I'm trying not to say anything. And laughing at pointless things is getting kinda annoying. But I never liked Extreme Dinosaurs much at all I saw a handful of episodes and thought it was awful but some of it was okay. Garfield And Friends was a amazing show. It had better animation and the jokes where very good and funny. Binky The Clown was also very funny kinda annoying but he made the show great. The humor out of Garfield's mouth was just perfect. And the other half of the show with the barnyard characters was also good and again the jokes where spot on. So I pick Garfield And Friends Over Extreme Dinosaurs any day of the week. Wasn't a fan of Extreme Dinosaurs at all.
Some episodes of Extreme Dinosaurs are weird. Let's see:
Episode 4: How can the raptors think that the eggs are raptors? Oh please, Bad Rap, stop thinking you will have a raptor army when the eggs hatch into raptors!
Episode 6: Where did Bullzeye get that from?
Episode 8: Why Spittor became an artist?
Episode 10: Why Spittor constructed the Cyber-raptors?
Episode 13: Why Spike is the chef?
Episode 17: This is the first time the Extreme Dinosaurs shrink themselves.
Episode 18: Why the raptors and the Extreme Dinosaurs went to the moon?
Episode 22: What? The raptors point the UFO to shoot everywhere?
Episode 29: REBECCA SCARWELL! I WILL GET YOU FOR THIS! :anger
Episode 30: I like Halloween!
Episode 40: How come the Extreme Dinosaurs become warriors?
Episode 49: Bullzeye has the bone to pick on others. This is weird :blink:
Episode 52: Why the Extreme Dinosaurs and the raptors have a vacation?
I checked these episodes and I am sure that these episodes are very funny.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We have taken care of the spammy behaviour of path light. From now on, only his replies that get approved will go through.