The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Lunar

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Now here's a name fw of you will be familiar with. It was a game series with two main titles multiple remakes of said titles through the 90s. Lunar: Silver Star, and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue were the primary titles. They are excellent games. Anyway, if you are familiar with them, here's where you can discuss them.
Oh, and to anyone interested, just disregard Lunar: Dragon Song, altgether. Its the Star Wars prequel equivalence of the series.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, come on! Someone must have played, or at least heard of, this series.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Yep, someone like me. I like the first part better, than sequel. That because of character, i guess. Dragonmaster Alex looks much more heroic, that thief Hiro.... Actually, i haven't played throught "Eternal Blue" to the end titles. I can't stand it, after a wonderful "Silver Star". :yes

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, I know you mean. The thing about Alex is the fact that "Dragonmaster (Insert Name)" just sounds really cool. It makes him an official champion and protector, basically.
Hiro, on the other hand, is just some dude randomly given a baby dragon and hangs out with with some chick who just can't stay in her clothes.

Another thing is that Lunar: The Silver Star really didn't take itself too seriously, and had a fairy tale-like feel to it with simple and easy to master gameplay that give a unique charm. My other favorite Lunar characters are also all there in this title: Kyle, Jessica, and Mia.

I've also played Lunar 2. Its somewhat fun, but it felt like the focus was on trying to one-up the previous title and I was never able to get into it because they over-complicated the damn thing!

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
The thing about Alex is the fact that "Dragonmaster (Insert Name)" just sounds really cool.
And he also have this cool looking armor, since the fight with Black Dragon's dead body... :)
I'm found second part of "Lunar" just too comic. I understand that it is in japanese humoristical style and stuff, but still, it killing the games atmosphere. That is my opinion. :(

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah, yes, Alex's infamous transformation into a Dragonmaster sceen!

Yeah, the over-abundance of comedy was part of the problem as well. Oh well, at least Lunar 2 is still an actual Lunat game, unlike Dragon Song.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah, Lunar! My all time favorite game series. I didn't know many people knew about that. Do you know how many there are now?

Lunar: The Silver Star- Sega CD
Lunar: Eternal Blue- Sega CD
Lunar: Silver Star Story- Sega Saturn
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue- Sega Saturn
Lunar: Silver Star Story- PlayStation
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue- PlayStation
Lunar Legend- Game Boy Advance
Lunar Dragon Song- Nintendo DS
Lunar: Magic School- Sega Saturn
Lunar: Walking School- Sega Game Gear

I finally got the entire set a few months ago. I LOVE those games. Dragon Song is my least favorite, but I still like it. It's whole "limited running" was rather annoying. I like Lunar: Silver Star Story better than Lunar 2: Eternal Blue. Lunar Legend is just Lunar: Silver Star Story with game boy advance graphics, no cut scenes, some extra parts, and a collectable trading card feature. Lunar: Magic School is just a really suped up Lunar: Walking School. LWS was so popular that is was majorly upgraded to the Sega Saturn but kept the same story and the name was changed a little bit. But out of all of them, LSSS for the PlayStation is my favorite. I just wish finding all the bromides wasn't so difficult, that's all. Really glad you brought this topic up. I finally know some lunar fans besides me! If you want to talk about anything else here that is Lunar related, I will surely respond to them (hint hint). So if you want to pursue this Lunar stuff, I'm with you all the way. I'll talk about it night and day. Your choice, but I won't mind whatever you say.

Oh well, at least Lunar 2 is still an actual Lunat game, unlike Dragon Song.
Um, Dragon Song is indeed an actual Lunar game. It takes place in the past, centuries before Dragonmaster Alex was born in Lunar: Silver Star Story. Call it a piece of Lunar history, if you will. Remember Lucia from DS, the pink haired girl Jian is with? That is Luna from LSSS! I'm serious! Lucia is the goddess after all and over time took a new form, the blue haired girl from LSSS then called Luna. Of course her real goddess name is Althena, but when she becomes human, she doesn't have access to her memories for a while and gets a human name. So DS does tie in with most of the other games, as it is the events before them, like how Star Wars made the later episodes first, then went back to the very beginning. Just thought I'd let ya know. Lets keep this topic going because it's awsome! And I can't respond twice in a row so I'll need some help here. Just a thought. Later!