The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Insane Cafe 2: Rise of the Shurlups

Nick22 · 2097 · 94181

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rets Read Out. ripetail rou ra n rell these rwo arout rhese Rings: scooby Said as he and Dixie made their way out the back door..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Dr. Zanasiu, Dr. Kerzach, Rime, Mr. Bigmouth and Zachary left the cafe with as much Mithril as they could carry in their pockets.

"All our armor is in Castle Doran, right?" Dr. Zanasiu asked.

"Our armor and weaponry was the material first to be removed, as we were wearing it at the time." Rime replied.  

Deimos looked around. "Everyone out of the cafe! Demolition is starting!" he shouted.

---------------

Strut was still standing guard over the car. "This needs to be driven at least 200 meters from the cafe!" he shouted.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Merlin walked slowly out of the cafe, Stripetai was right behind him, talking to the young aleins about thier new powers. "These rings are very powerfulm they can do many wondorous things.. but you must always take care not to abuse them."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Brooklyn and Odysseus put down the last of the furniture down and followed the others to where they were going, glad to be done with what they were doing and though they walked a bit slower due to their being tired they assumed they would seen be able to sit down and rest.

The Tourist along with Ducky, Petrie, Snoopy, and Skitter walked out of the cafe and headed to where the rest were going, not sure where they were going.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Bart Nick and Shaggy followed out after them, Ali was right behind them, still chiding herself for thinking about being stuck in a room with Littlefoot..
 Pleekly, Jummba, and Lilo followed right after them. the last person to leave was Nani who ran out of the cafe...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That's everyone." Deimos said. He then radioed Rime. "Rime, we need you to come with me and search the cafe."

--------

Rime, 200 meters away and crouched behind a large rock, received the signal. "Deimos, I am en route."

Rime then headed towards the cafe.

Strut was still watching the car. "Nani, drive to that large rock about 200 meters off. You'll see the others. Park the car behind the rock. Once Dr. Zanasiu confirms you are there. Deimos, Rime and I will search the cafe to make sure no one is still there."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nani climbed into the car, and turned the ignition on. The car was slow to get moving because of the weight stuffed in the trunk.. but finally it moved away from the cafe.. 200 meters is a pretty good distance, over 600 feet away.. but Nani soon rooled past thelarge rock, and stopped the car.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Spyro and Cynder flew over and landed behind the large rock, both glancing back at the cafe. Castle Doran roared and took flight, soaring a short distance, before it landed behind them with a thunderous crash.

"Where's Wataru?" Taiga asked.

Doran's mouth opened and she spat out a yellow orb which floated to the ground and popped to reveal Wataru.

"How long until we get to see the cafe go boom?" Sparx asked with elation that might have matched a five year old's.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Just a few minutes" Nick replied, as he jined the group gathered behind the rock. The male Shurlup, meanwhile was sniffing curiously at the others in the pen. the female was ignoring him though...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Looks like he won't be getting any action tonight," Sparx said, glancing over at the shurlups.

Castle Doran meanwhile leaned down and sniffed at Spyro, who felt a little nervous having the mouth of a creature that could swallow him in one bite so close. Cynder glared up at the massive dragon.

"Forget it, sister. He's mine," she leaned agaisnt Spyro and wrapped her front legs around his neck to get the point across.

Castle Doran snorted in disappointment and raised her head away.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Is it Wise to tick off such a massive creature, Cynder?' Dixie asked, looking at the huge dragon with discomfort. castle Doran was a gigantic creature, bigger even than Tarrax, and if she wanted to sniff at Spyro, well, if  it saved them from being eaten or roasted by her, then maybe they should let her sniff him..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"She's not much larger then that Golem was, or that Sabbat thing" Cynder said, albit with the castle she probably weighed a lot more.

"She won't do anything to you," Wataru said. "Not as long as I'm here and Jiro and the others are inside."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
" A fasscinating creature" Merlin said, looking at Doran. "he raised his hand. "Come my dear dragon, and let me take a look at you.." The old wizard said.
_
Rare rou ruts Rerlin?" Scooby said, looking at the huge dragon with obvious fear. "Rhe rould reat rou!"
_
My dear dog, I have dealt with dragons before, even very large ones such as this" Merlin said in a low voice, giving Scooby a look.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The dragon looked skeptical for a moment and then lowered her head to sniff at Merlin's hand.

"She won't eat anyone," Wataru said, assuringly. "In fact, I'm not even sure if she needs to eat..."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Strut then radioed Dr. Zanasiu. "Rime, Deimos and I are checking for stragglers."

----------------

Dr. Zanasiu turned to everyone. "Okay, in about 10 minutes, the charges will be detonated. Deimos, Rime and Strut are checking to ensure that the cafe is empty."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Merlin gazed as the dragon huge mouth tickled his hand, The dragon bared her mouth slightly and showed gigantic teeth, and a brief glimpse at a very long tongue. "It is a female, correct?' Merlin asked of Wataru. "She is a remarkable creature, I think she simply wants some attention..
_
When we go on the drive, I need to talk to you about the 4th challengge.. Which i presume will be held outside" Dxie said to Cynder. "Do you know any songs..?"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Right," Wataru nodded. "I guess that's so, but it's hard to pay attention to her when I live in the middle of the city."

"I'm familiar with one," Cynder replied.

Castle Doran rubbed her snout against Merlin's hand.

"I hope no one suddenly appears in the cafe just before we blow it up," Spyro said, recalling how he and Cynder had wound up there.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"If someone does, well, it will simply be too bad for Them" stripetail said. "They'll be nothing any of us can do about it." Dusk was falling, but the temperature remaned pretty warm.. Out here, though that could change quickly..
 Angel came up to Dixie. "Will you help me and Stitch learn to use this?'  She pointed at her armor.." Dixie smiled. "Of course Angel, you can take it, just say Armor down.. and it will come off. You just need to keep wearing it.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Strut walked back into the cafe. The detonator box was in his backpack, which he was wearing and the two coils of wire lay by the door.

Deimos greeted Strut and waited for Rime to arrive.

After several minutes, Rime arrived and they began to search the cafe. Rime took the tunnel system. Strut took the upstairs and Deimos took the main floor.

Strut encountered a locked bedroom upstairs but he kicked the door down and looked around. It was empty save for a stack of old newspapers. He opened the closet and found it was empty. He checked the upstairs bathroom and found it was empty.

Rime was searching the tunnels. It was devoid of anything save the explosive charges and shell casings.

Deimos checked the main area of the cafe. There was nothing except some rubble and shell casings on the ground.

After several minutes, the group met by the back door.

"We're all ready." Deimos said.

"No one is here." Strut said.

"Tunnels are clear." Rime added. "We will now start demolitions."

Deimos radioed Zachary. "Zach, the cafe is empty. Once Strut arrives, the charges will be detonated. Deimos out."

"Roger that." Zachary said over the radio.

The group then left the cafe and headed to the rock 200 meters off where everyone was. Strut grabbed the coils of wire and gradually unrolled them as he followed the group.

---------

Zachary then addressed the group. "Okay everyone. The cafe is clear, once Rime, Deimos and Strut get back, the explosives will be wired and the cafe will be demolished. If you forgot something in the cafe, speak up now. Once the wires are connected to the detonator box; the cafe cannot be reentered."

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"There's nothing we left in there," Spyro said. Cynder nodded.

Nago checked his coat to make sure that the IXA knuckle was still in his pocket, finding that it was, he stayed silent.

"Let it rip!" Sparx cheered.