The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Golden Sun (both)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Well, I figured with all the talk of Super Smash Bros. Drawl, paired with the fact that Isaac, the main character from the dualogy, some talk of this series could be good! So, yack it up!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I heard it's a very good rpg series, but that you have to type in a long code into the sequel if you played the first and want the stuff to copy over.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Yep, that way you can meet your main character from the first part in the second "Golden Sun". Actually, i haven't evne finished the first one, and can not rememeber much about it. :huh:

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
It's been a long time since I last played Golden Sun, it's a very good RPG. I played and finished the first one and only played the second one for a bit but I never finished it, I lost interest in it with some of the mountains you climb being extremely long, it got boring after a while.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Is it filled with mountains? Sounds a bit like Morrowind in that way.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Yeah, part two isn't as good as the first part, mainly because you have to a play a guy who'd been a jerk in the previous title.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
It's not filled with mountains or anything, it's just that they took so long to climb and get to the top.

I think there are about four mountains with a shrine at the top that has to do the four elements of the game's story (don't really remember anymore). And for some reason the creators of Golden Sun decided to make these important mountains a headache to climb. It used to take so long to get to the top that I would get bored about halfway there, add the climbing factor with random battles...Ugh...

Sometimes I think they made these extremely high mountains as filler just to make the game longer than it really is.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be that reason.  I wonder if that is why they have random battles also in those sorts of games.  The pc games I've played don't really have random battles, apart from a couple may have a few bandits here or there, but they are in the same place, not poping up at random times, and sometimes at every step.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I am still finishing Golden Sun, but then again, I got the game and never played it until now. The graphics are really good, but these dialogue scenes are soo tedious. I love emulators (I own the game, but I don't have a GBA) for having the ability to go at higher speed.

I love the summons, though. Especially Judgement.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
And I think with emulators and roms you can also save where you want, rather then only where the programmers grudgingly decide to let you.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Save states are great. They make it so much easier to get past places like Lunpa. If I mess up, I just load my most recent save state.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
far more convenient then what playing the game on a console makes you do.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i've never played Golden Sun before, but for all you fans out there, Nintendo announced Golden Sun for the DS at E3 this morning.