The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What different purchases have you made recently?

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Lots of clothes for different people, and some to myself as well.
Games, and a new I-pod for my cousin, lol, hes gonna be so happy, M.C to all.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I really need to work harder at saving money...

Graphic Novels (and for those who haven't heard of them, they really aren't all inappropriate as the name may suggest to some of you):
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 1
Gon 5
Dragon Drive 10 and 11
COWA!
NORA: The Last Chronicle of Devildom 1
Shaman King 19
St. Dragon Girl 1
.Hack//G.U. + 3
Chibi Vampire 11
.Hack//xxxx 2
Sand Land
Descendants of Darkness 1
Code Geass 1
Sokora Refugees 1
KAMUI 1
Nephylym 1
Legend 1
You can see that I am a big graphic novel collector and judging from all the volume 1's, you can probably also notice that I start new series quite frequently.

Video Games:
Chrono Trigger- DS
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe Kollector's Edtion- XBOX 360
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Limited Edition- PS3

Other:
The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon Player's Guide, which covers all of the versions except for the DS one. I can put a stop right now to what it is some of you are thinking. I did NOT cheat in any way during the five times I've beaten this game. I used no references for the entire time. I just got the players guide afterwards to learn some secrets about it, that's all.
The Land Before Time: Friends Forever DVD

These are my recent purchases. I never was very good with money. Later.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
2 Gb memory stick for my mobile phone, "The Company of Heroes" PC game.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Let me think...

Ah, in the past month, I've bought:

*20 wireless logitech mouse & keyboard sets (They were on sale for $14.99 ea.  I couldn't resist.  They were originally $39.99 ea.)

*5 2gb flash drives (also on sale for $5 ea.)

*Spyro "A Hero's Tail" game for PS2.  Couldn't resist.

*New DVD-RW DL burner for laptop (which I'm not to happy to have had to replace only a year after I bought the thing brand new)

*Another Wireless N router.  This makes 5 different routers in total I have hooked up.

*2gb (2x1gb) DDR2 667mhz ram for Aunt's laptop

*New 200gb hard drive for Aunt's laptop

*Bose on-ear headphones (a second pair)

*15.4" flat panel wide-screen monitor (will replace my old monitor used for repairing computers that wasn't wide-screen)

*Computer:  1.8ghz P4 processor, 20gb hard drive, 128mb DDR 333mhz ram.  Upgraded to 2.6ghz HT P4 processor, 120gb hard drive, 1gb DDR 333mhz ram.  Bought for $40.  Put in $20 in parts.  Sold for $200.

*20 cans of air (for blowing out computers & other electronic devices)

*Wireless presenter with built-in laser pointer (handy for giving presentations.  Will use it in my presentation of Japanese history and myths.)

*750gb external hard drive (WD Elements brand.  Very good deal @ only $88.)

*50ft Ethernet cable (just another cable to drive my mom nuts :p )

*Picture Frame (to frame another LBT picture)

*New Laptop bag (much better and more efficient than my old one)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You buy quite a lot.

I try to only buy the necessities.  With me though, things that would be considered luxury items to most people are actually things I need.  The only things on that list I could have lived without are:  The picture frame ($5), The flat-panel wide-screen monitor (I just couldn't stand my standard flat panel because it wasn't wide-screen so I had to upgrade.  It was only $50.  Quite a steal considering they retail for $129.), and the Spyro game (I totally deserved this because I only buy a new video game maybe once a year.  I'm not the gaming type, but when I want a game, I just buy it because of how infrequently I get games.).  

My aunt really needed parts for her laptop.  It only had 256mb of ram so I got her 2gb.  Her 40gb hard drive was pretty crappy too and she needed more storage so I got her a 200gb.  The wireless mouse and keyboard sets were a necessity because a large portion of my keyboards are gone (stolen by god knows who when I was loading them into the apartment.  They stole a box with 13 keyboards and 9 mice in it.) :anger

Canned air is a must for my computer business and when they go on sale, I buy a crapload of them.  They were absolutely huge and were only $2.99 each so I had to get them.  Normally, a can half the size would have been $7.

A new DVD burner for my laptop was also a must because....well....you need to have a optical drive in a laptop....  Sorry but there's no argument for that.

I got the second pair of Bose headphones because they're coming out with a new model which I don't like so I had to get another of the old model before they were gone forever.  Besides, they were on sale for only $161.00.

The wireless presenter was a must because I have a presentation to do and I'll be nervous enough without having to worry about crap like switching screens using the keyboard and such.

The new laptop bag was needed because my old one totally broke and I hated it anyways.

I needed the 750gb hard drive because I wanted to add it to my client server.  The 500gb I had attached burned out the other day.

The Ethernet cable wasn't exactly needed but....hey it was $1.  $1!!!  I couldn't resist.  Usually 6ft of Ethernet cable goes for as high as $10 so 50ft for $1.  Only an idiot would pass that deal up.  

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well I just got a smoking deal on a almost brand new computer.  It still sells for $688 on walmart.com.  I can't find the exact model (I deleted it from my favorites), but it's this exact one except it's got a 500gb hard drive instead of 2 320gb ones and mine is $688 for some reason:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8195031

It has the following specs:

*AMD Athlon64 X2 5200+ 2.6ghz processor
*3gb DDR2 800mhz ram (expandable to 8gb)
*500gb SATA2 hard drive
*Vista Home Premium
*Lightscribe DVD Burner
*15 in 1 multimedia card reader
*Front media ports (includes second sound card, 2 extra USB ports, and an Ethernet port)
*256mb integrated graphics (I don't need any more, but I'm considering getting a 512mb G-force graphics card)

I got this computer for only $250!  Talk about awesome!  The dude bought the thing even though he couldn't afford it and was forced to sell it to pay rent.  This'll serve as my new master machine for now.  I'll sell my better one.  I certainly don't need any more than this and with the way the economy is now, I want to get what it's worth out of my other machine. :p

Sableye

• Spike
    • View Profile
I just ordered LBT movies 7-13 today! Yeah I know, probably the only one here that hasn't watched those movies yet. Can't wait for them to come next week.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sorta boring, just been ordering some comic book collection stuff, some stuff about comics and 1 thing of a collection of a online comic.  

Essential Avengers 2-6,
Silver Age Sci-fi Comics Companion
Comics Gone Ape
Girl Genius Omnibus Volume 1

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just got a laptop for only $260!  It has the following specs

*AMD Athlon 64 X2 1.8ghz dual-core processor
*1.5gb DDR2 800mhz ram (will upgrade to 3gb)
*160gb hard drive (will upgrade to 320gb)
*Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 (Wish I could put xp on it, but I can't)
*15.4" high-gloss widescreen display
*DVD-RW DL Drive
*Multimedia Card Reader
*Some weirdo port that looks like a small PCI card slot
*Bulit-in WIFI bla bla bla and all the other standard coolness that comes with newer laptops

I must say I'm very happy with this purchase.  I'm typing this on the laptop right now and it's doing great! :D

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
More books :p
Most of them are about the history of seafearing but there is also one about the history of the old west and one about medieval warfare. It pays to be a good customer and acquaintance of the local second hand bookshops. They will make you very kind special prices :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
More of the usual.  Essential Painkiller Jane, Star Wars Omnibus Tales of the Jedi volumes 1 and 2, Dc Marvel Crossover Classics volume 2.  Nothing interesting to most of the folks here.  

Before it was the usual also, Abe Sapien: the drowning, Leave It To Chance 1 and 2, Tom Strong's Terrific Tales 1, Marvels, Savage Dragon Archives.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Recently got some Compaq Evo computers.  They're decent, but I bought them solely for resale.  I might keep one of them though just because I like 'em.  They have the following specs:

*1.7-1.8ghz P4 Processors (Not Hyperthreaded)
*512mb-1gb ram (2gb max)
*20gb-80gb hard drives
*Windows XP Pro SP3
*CD-ROM to DVD/CD-RW Drives

They vary in specs because I got them from a school, but at only $50 each, they were a steal.  Here's a picture of one of them:

I think I'll put 'em up for sale for $99 each and double my money.  Sounds like a plan to me. :D

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just bought a rather cool looking computer (Might post some pics later).  It has the following specs:

*2.4ghz P4 Processor (MB supports Hyperthreading)
*2gb DDR 400mhz RAM
*1 200gb ATA hard drive, 1 500gb SATA2 hard drive
*Windows XP Pro SP3
*DVD and CD Burner Combo Drive

I only paid $200 for it.  I'm gonna replace the two hard drives with a 120gb and put in only 1gb of ram and sell it for the same price on craigslist.  That way I'll get 4 sticks of 512mb ram, a 200gb ATA hard drive, and a 500gb SATA2 hard drive for FREE! :D

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
*Shrug*  Why not.

Our other event coordinator was selling off a lot of his paintball equipment. So I picked it up for a C-note.

As far as I can tell it's a pretty well kept up 1988-89 Sheridan P68

Any ballers out there?  It's one of those old brass pump guns.  Works like a song.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Pretty cool Tobe.  If I ever live in the country again I might pick up paint balling. ;)

As for me I just got 2 laptops for basically free in a trade-in.  They have the following specs:

Laptop 1 (Compaq Presario):

*2.4ghz P4 Processor
*768mb ram
*30gb hard drive
*Windows XP Pro SP3

Laptop 2 (Sony Vaio):

*2.0ghz Pentium M Processor
*512mb ram
*40gb hard disk
*Windows XP Pro SP3

The screen is busted, but it works fine when plugged into an external monitor. :D

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Books! Books! More books! Muhaahaaa...
Well, perhaps this is really getting kind of an obsession for me. But I really got a very kind offer (seller will pay part of the shipping costs and the price for the books themselves is very generous as well) for a 26 book series on the Old West. As the shipping is from the UK rather than the US this time it is not quite as astronomic either. It was really an offer I could not refuse :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
recently I got quite some disney & mainly lion king stuff(if you ignore the harry potter thing :p ):

And two adorable glass cups:

And just to add to that, a couple of english classics and a simba pillow... oh and the land before time 6 in dutch :D