The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Guess what animal

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok.  They are big, grey, resemble a blimp, live in the waters off Florida and in the Gulf of Mexico and are often getting chewed up by motor boats.  What is it?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, here is another one.  Can anyone guess what my favorite animal is?  Some of you may already know this.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'd like a stab at the previous one--are they dolphins?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I suppose it would be a manatee, also known as sea cow (sadly they are often killed by motor boats).

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The answer to the second one is in my profile both on this site and on FF.net.  Malte is correct.  Manatee it is.  Your turn, Malte. :yes

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Grey as a mouse
Big as a house,
Nose like a snake,
I make the earth shake,
As I tramp through the grass;
Trees crack as I pass.
With horns in my mouth,
I walk in the South,
Flapping big ears.
Beyond count of years
I stump round and round
Never lie on the ground,
Not even to die.
[...] am I,
Biggest of all,
Huge, old, and tall.
If ever you'd met me
You wouldn't forget me.
If you never do,
You won't think I'm true;
But old [...] am I,
And I never lie.

J.R.R. Tolkien
There is actually one very easy and one slightly more difficult answer to this one. For the sake of making it not to hard I'll accept either.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The easier one is an Oliphant (I am just taking a stab at how it is spelled).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That would even be the more difficult one (for all those who haven't read The lord of the rings). The really easy veriant would have been simply "elephant" (actually I'm not sure if we are allowed to pick up such fantasy creatures as an oliphant, so the possibility of the elephant would have been my excuse). An alternative name for the Oliphant would be Mummakil.
Your turn Stitch :)

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This is scientifically known as ajidamoo.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Big animal found in parts of the U.S. and throughout Canada.  Can be very dangerous and is related to deer.  Has big antlers  Now if someone can't guess this then heaven help me.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I can be a pest or a pet
I'm known to make a number of different sounds, including clicks
and yes, this riddle is a little cheesy
what am I?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, I have recieved no answer for three days so I'm going on.  I don't mean this in a mean way either.  alright, it is not real.  It is green and purple, annoying, and many people consider it to be gay.  I would like this thing to be placed before a firing squad or have a "misfortunate" run-in with Darth Vader.  What is it?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^F-14, he said he's working on getting a new internet connection by his dad.  Plus, members do often forget they've posted in certain games (I've done it many times).

Yours sounds like the dinosaurs we know of as Barney or Baby Bop since they're both green and purple and have been wanted to be shot and killed.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would like this thing to be placed before a firing squad or have a "misfortunate" run-in with Darth Vader.
Never seen Barney myself and I reckon I wouldn't like it anymore than you. Still I find your choice of words disturbing. It sounds nothing different from the way certain people are talking about the land before time. What right do we have to be bothered about that kind of talk (so long we do bother at all while they don't put it in other forums), if we don't prove ourselves to be above that level?