The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers RP Thread

Serris · 58 · 12832

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I just got a PM from lbt/cty lover. He has dropped out of the RP and has offered up his character Siberys for anyone to take.

If no one takes him, I'll kill him off.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Last mention of Syberis was when Shelton radioed him, mentioning to James that Syberis was away on a foray.

I'm not sure if we should kill him right off; maybe he should get captured and tortured for information? It'd be a great way for the terrorists to learn some important information on the surviving scientists, while at the same time we wouldn't need to sacrifice an active user's character.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
This is from StarfallRaptor:

(Just a Heads up.  I won't be on for...a while... so Neku, Kagetora, and Hawkeye are up for open use.  I'll be back...I hope... :cry  :cry )

His 3 characters are available for loan until he comes back.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I ported part of this RP into the Insane Cafe. I hope no one minds. That version will be an abridged one.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
What part, specifically? The story seems pretty unbroken to me.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Jan 5 2009 on  09:10 PM
What part, specifically? The story seems pretty unbroken to me.
It's actually more like an abridged Darwin's Soldiers RP.

I'm going to be focusing mainly on the terrorist attack on Pelvanida. I may decide to add in a few rogue scientists but not to the degree that I have in the full RP. I may add in a few experiments. But it's mostly undecided for now; I'll let the mini RP run and see it works out.

------------------

I'm also working on a few twists (main RP). I am considering having the terrorists cut power to a large portion of the base.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
That would be cool. Maybe the team could be forced to fight their way to auxiliary control. Might make for some fast-paced hallway shootouts.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
LBt, if you want to, you can post in the Insane cAfe Rp..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Thanks, but I don't think I can run in two RPs at once. That probably sounds lame, but I like having my character's adventures all in the same thread. Thank you so much for the offer, though.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well its the same character, the same story, just brought into another one. besides if the darwin's Soldiers Rp is going to be abridged properly, your character will have to appear in it at some point.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
If you guys in the Insane Cafe need Dr. Shelton for something, feel free to play as him. Treat him like you would Ducky or Scooby, as a pre-established character added into the RP.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In the original RP, when I cut the power, should they be able to restore power through the auxiliary control room or will they have to find the control room in the generator room?

Speaking of which, what exactly would this base be powered by? It's allegedly set in 2008/2009 yet functional laser rifles and gauss weapons exist. For some reason, I'm leaning towards nuclear fusion even though that's kinda unrealistic.

I personally like the idea of a trek to the generator room.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Generally, an auxiliary control is a fully-functional control room of it's own. Once our heroes reach it, they can conduct operations from there. But they'd still need to reach the generator room to bring power back online first.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
So, how are we gonna resolve what's going on in Pelvanida right now? Half of the characters are knocked out, the other half are sitting idle in the cafeteria.

I just want to say that I don't have any plans for the shadow figures that are now in possession of Werner, Vic, Kerzach, Cale, and Siberys. I just wanted a way to get Shelton captured by the people in command of auxiliary control. What I'm trying to say is, if any of you have plans for what to do with the captured team members, feel free to do so. You won't be interrupting my plot.

My plan is to establish the shadow figures as what used to be the guards of the sublevels, with the men in auxiliary control as the commanders. Their goal is to contact the terrorist commander and offer to join forces. This could cause a new host of problems, as well as bring the terrorists back into the mix, since they've kinda been missing for a while.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's a nice twist. The shadowy figures and the men in the aux control were once Pelvanida guards.

Since James, Zachary and the Dhole are currently separated from Werner, Shelton, Vic, Kerzach, Cale, and Siberys, James and his group have to rescue Shelton and his group. The problem is how would they get through/around the sealed blast doors?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
how about saying werner got captured by the terrorists?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Serris,Feb 8 2009 on  10:43 PM
That's a nice twist. The shadowy figures and the men in the aux control were once Pelvanida guards.

Since James, Zachary and the Dhole are currently separated from Werner, Shelton, Vic, Kerzach, Cale, and Siberys, James and his group have to rescue Shelton and his group. The problem is how would they get through/around the sealed blast doors?
Maybe through the sublevels. The wolf and the straight-jacketed figure must have gotten over there somehow.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Just FYI: Starfall has left the forum, leaving a wish that his characters go out in a haze of glory. That means Neku, Cale, and Hawkeye.

I'm not sure if we want to comply, though. :( It'd be a shame to lose them. We could all play as them, like with Siberys.

EDIT:Wait, Starfall, you're here. Want me to delete this so you can type something?

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
He's right.  I'm... Leaving, and I really have decided to have my guys go out in a blaze of glory.  Preferably soon.  Just... Let them die with honor.
Starfall

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I have a question. Do we want the terrorists to reach aux control first? Because that way, James and co. will have to stage a rescue for Shelton. Or do we want James and co. to reach first, in which case it'll be James, Shelton, and co. defending the aux control from attackers. Just wondering which we want to do, cause both have their ups and downs to them.